Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Babybliss big hair brush

• 19-07-2012 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭

hi i bought my sister a 50mm babyliss big hair rotating brush, and i had a go of it myself it was amazing, thing is they also have a 42mm brush does anyone know what the difference is between them other then size. is it for different hair styles. my sister has a bob and i have shoulder lenght hair with layers, also has anyone else had experience in using this product?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I think the new one out is the 42mm brush? if so then it's for shorter hairstyles. I got my brush as a Christmas present ....LOVE IT! haven't used the ghd since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Does anyone know if you can use Moroccan oil on wet hair and then use this styler before your hair is dry? Or will you just fry your hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Does anyone know if you can use Moroccan oil on wet hair and then use this styler before your hair is dry? Or will you just fry your hair?

I don't think it would work on wet hair. By all means put morrocan oil in when wet and then rough dry your hair with a dryer, then use the styler. otherwise it will get tangled up in the rotating brush. I think I am the only person that doesn't like the BBH...got it last xmas and have used 3 times to see if I just needed to get used to it....nope, it don't work on my crazy thick frizz ball...don't work at all. Hairdresser said I just don't have the right kind of hair for it, when I thought my hair is what it was designed for but according to her nope. My hair tangles up too easy in the brush and it leaves it curly which I hate, I got it to smooth the hair not curl it :mad:. That ain't me, back to the GHD I went.

Yes you can.

Blowdry your hair a bit to take the heavy wetness out before using the brush though.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

tan11ie wrote: »
    I think the new one out is the 42mm brush? if so then it's for shorter hairstyles. I got my brush as a Christmas present ....LOVE IT! haven't used the ghd since.

Do you find that it does less damage to your hair than the GHD?

The ends of my hair are in bits from straighting every day.

• Advertisement

Do you find that it does less damage to your hair than the GHD?

The ends of my hair are in bits from straighting every day.

Yes totally!!!! The ghd was wrecking my hair cause I had to use it every day but I only use the brush twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

Yes totally!!!! The ghd was wrecking my hair cause I had to use it every day but I only use the brush twice a week.

That has it sold to me so. :)

Babooshka wrote: »
    I don't think it would work on wet hair. By all means put morrocan oil in when wet and then rough dry your hair with a dryer, then use the styler. otherwise it will get tangled up in the rotating brush. I think I am the only person that doesn't like the BBH...got it last xmas and have used 3 times to see if I just needed to get used to it....nope, it don't work on my crazy thick frizz ball...don't work at all. Hairdresser said I just don't have the right kind of hair for it, when I thought my hair is what it was designed for but according to her nope. My hair tangles up too easy in the brush and it leaves it curly which I hate, I got it to smooth the hair not curl it :mad:. That ain't me, back to the GHD I went.

I have fine hair, and it makes it very frizzy.
    No for me either.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I have fine hair, and it makes it very frizzy.
    No for me either.

Did you use Moroccan oil on your hair before you dried it? I find it helps.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

What is this meant to do exactly? I seen it in Argos- the 'Babyliss Big Hair Wave Envy Styler.' But I wouldn't want wavy hair.
    What is the purpose of this, does it leave hair straight?

• Advertisement

Did you use Moroccan oil on your hair before you dried it? I find it helps.

I didn't....I might just try again. Thanks!

Posy wrote: »
    What is this meant to do exactly? I seen it in Argos- the 'Babyliss Big Hair Wave Envy Styler.' But I wouldn't want wavy hair.
    What is the purpose of this, does it leave hair straight?

As best I can tell, It is supposed to give you a salon style blow dry.
    My hair is naturally straight, so it much the same as using an iron, except for the frizziness.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I am thinking of getting one of these stylers, mainly for my fringe. :o

My fringe is so unruly that I have to straighten it every day and it's just a split ended mess now. I have fried my fringe, so really don't want to straighten it any more, but I'm crap at blowdrying it straight! (and a straightener is a lot more convenient first thing in the morning!)

Is the Big Hair good for fringes? I am not sure if I should get the 50mm one or the smaller one, but I don't know if the bigger barrel might be really suitable for it. :confused:

Advertisement