Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Jack City

• 19-07-2012 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

So, I just heard on the news there's been a few car jackings in Dublin in the last few days....

My question to AH is:

How would you deal with this situation?

Surely, if you have your windows locked all those knackers going around with are knives, what could they do apart from smash the window and maybe try and stab you, but in that case you could potentially just drive off....

What if they had a gun though?

Dublin isn't exactly easy to make a fast getaway unless you're being jacked (I'm so gangsta) really early in the morning or in an estate somewhere...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

So weird...I only thought of this recently and I reckon I might try to drive off...but if they do have a gun and they shoot after you, you're kind of screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Thought the thread would be about Father Ted. :(

Bad panda! Bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Activate the self destruct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Plant a tiny remote controlled bomb on the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Bad Panda wrote: »
    So, I just heard on the news there's been a few car jackings in Dublin in the last few days....

My question to AH is:

How would you deal with this situation?

Make sure it is in gear and the handbrake is applied.
    I also find it handy to loosen the nuts lightly beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

no Ice-T? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'd call their bluff. Shoot me then big man, do you want me to show you where the trigger is?

Probably end up with a bullet in my noggin but at least the scumbag would be punished by a good long jail sente...............oh wait. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

davet82 wrote: »
    no Ice-T? :(

Frappacino posse that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

they happen all the time in belfast

a lot of people just be shocked/scared & give up the car, probably best in some circumstances you can usually tell a real nutter from someone trying it on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Turn off the engine and snap the key in the ignition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

smash wrote: »

so your stuck with an angry car theif with a weapon?

you didnt think that through :pac:

davet82 wrote: »

so your stuck with an angry car theif with a weapon?

you didnt think that through :pac:
    M'eh, I'd usually have my doors locked anyway. So realistically I'd just give them the finger and drive off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Beeping the horn and shouting might work. (By drawing lots of attention and making the carjacker feel exposed I mean, not by startling them with a loud noise :) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

batistuta9 wrote: »
    they happen all the time in belfast

a lot of people just be shocked/scared & give up the car, probably best in some circumstances you can usually tell a real nutter from someone trying it on.

Keepin' it gangsta!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Install one of these bad boys ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I'd let the bastid off with the car, I can't flog her for anywhere near what I have her insured for. Might take a spin up to Dublin tonight.

deccurley wrote: »
    I'd let the bastid off with the car, I can't flog her for anywhere near what I have her insured for. Might take a spin up to Dublin tonight.
    Yea but the insurance only pay out what it's worth, not what it's insured for :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Yea but the insurance only pay out what it's worth, not what it's insured for :D

arra balls!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

"So, let me get this straight lad, you want me to get out and give you my car to drive off in?... Righttt.... How about no? Now what? Ah right, you'll kick the ****e out of me. Ok, let's see how that goes for you. Fire ahead." Large redneck culchie steps out of car. Three other large redneck culchies also step out, just for the craic like. Seeing as there's not much else happening and sure this seems as good a spot for a row as any, and jasus, we've not had a good one for ages. One has a shovel, as you do. The other two don't need shovels, they grew up milking cows and God gave them hands like shovels.
    I can not see the carjacking trend catching on around here.

Advertisement