Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best public house in Cork city

Options
  • 19-07-2012 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Simple question, what do ye all consider to be the best pub / bar in cork?

give reasons : age group, music, dj's, size, location, selection of beers, whatever... cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

Fionnbarra's is a good spot.. brill beer garden for inner city, nice bar food during the day, a good selection of beers similar to the Franciscan well, age-group wise I would say mid 20's to mid 30's. I've actually never taken much notice of the music to be honest (I only realised this now) which is strange as I usually judge a pub by music.. it's usually buzzing with people chatting so maybe I just never heard the music..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Mutton Lane.
    Great pints
    Great Craic.
    Great talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Bierhaus, unbelievable selection of beer. Who's gives a f**k about DJs and 'ambiance', it's all about the beer :D
    And you can order pizza from next door and eat it in the pub with some more beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

All great pub choices.

Any of the Sin É, Mutton Lane, The Oval, Crane Lane, Vicarstown Inn will be good. Bierhaus is good, Fran Well is good, Abbot's Ale House is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

Fionn Barras and Franciscan Well for beer gardens. Corner House and Sin é are lovely. Bierhaus is good too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Long Island
    Reardens
    The Grafton
    Soho
    The Classic
    Bodega

Mad Tunes and short skirts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

Bierhaus, unbelievable selection of beer. Who's gives a f**k about DJs and 'ambiance', it's all about the beer :D
    And you can order pizza from next door and eat it in the pub with some more beer.

second this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kingofkong

gimmick wrote: »
    Long Island
    Reardens
    The Grafton
    Soho
    The Classic
    Bodega

None of these are a patch on the institutions previously listed, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

gimmick wrote: »
    Long Island
    Reardens
    The Grafton
    Soho
    The Classic
    Bodega

Wouldn't call Long island or Reardons public houses; one's a posh cocktail bar and the other is a GAA fueled mating ground.
    I think we're looking more for a nice place to have a great beer. Just my opinion though.

Advertisement