Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meal suggestions

Options
  • 19-07-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭

I'm having a meal for 7 people, 3 of which are vegetarians (no fish).

Any suggestions on what to make? Either will go all vegetarian, or half half if the recipes aren't too time intensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I had a similar situation a couple of months ago, did a very tasty vegetable curry. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, there's none left now anyway (:rolleyes:).

Will have a look for the recipe and see can I send it on.

A lot of chopping of veg. involved though.

Edit: Recipe here. Yum. Thanks to Rachel Allen!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

How formal a dinner party is it?

If its informal I think fresh pizza is the way to go. Some great veggie options for toppings are artichoke hearts, sliced courgette, goats cheese, brie, mushrooms, roasted red peppers etc.

Best thing is you can pick up all the ingredients needed in Aldi. Also you can prepare everything the day before and just assemble on the day.

The handy kitchen has a great recipe for base- http://thehandykitchen.com/?p=590

If its a more formal affair then I think risotto is a great one to use and it usually impresses guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please feel free to check out the following...
    The forum search function
    The Cooking Club sub-forum
    The 'Here's What I Had For Dinner...' thread
    The 'Vegged-up Here's What I Had For Dinner...' thread in the Vegan & Vegetarian forum
    The 'Easy Peasy Recipes' thread
    The 'Random Recipes' thread

No need for yet another recipe thread so I'll close this.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement