Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Restaurants that are child friendly?

Options
  • 19-07-2012 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for a list of decent restaurants that are child friendly.

We find it incredibly difficult to find decent restaurants to eat out early evening that are accomodating to young kids... Finding more & more restaurants are doing everything to deter family dining by not have kids menus & highchairs.

I find Ouzos in Dalkey is really really good, Steak & Shrimp on the kids menu not a peep of a processed nugget or burger and they are very welcoming...however thats one and need alternatives or else will have to take shares out in Ouzos!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

The Counter in both Dundrum and on Suffolk Street are amazingly child friendly - very helpful and accommodating to little people in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Ollie's in Skerries is good. Decent kids' portions & reasonably priced. Same goes for the restaurants in the Station House Hotel in Clifden & The Clayton in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ivorsflutter

I like the Market Bar especially with the buggies, loads of room to manouvre and the room is so big you are never too close to anyone. Do the usual kids menu with crayons and picture to keep them quiet.

Where is this Market Bar place?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

It's just off George's St. It's a nice spot alright.

On the map here.

• Advertisement

Thanks Mr M.

Folks - Please be sure to specify the town/city where the restaurant is located.

@OP - If you wish this to be a Dublin-centric thread I can move it to the relevant regional forum.

tHB

Advertisement