Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacDonagh Junction CarPark

Options
  • 19-07-2012 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Just come back from MacDonagh and great to see they are listening to people and trying to get people in there. €2 for 3 hours that's pretty good to be fair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

mousehouse wrote: »
    Just come back from MacDonagh and great to see they are listening to people and trying to get people in there. €2 for 3 hours that's pretty good to be fair.

Their car park was a rip off given it's location. Dundrum has had this offer for years. You can't even compare the two ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

You should never have to pay to shop, they should be paying you!
    The problem is, shopping or even browsing has become a pastime to many people, the retailers know this and so charge an entry fee:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

I always made sure I got out in an hour so good news for the shops but they shops should be paying for your parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Good news, but I can see the high street becoming less busy because of this..

O/T..writing this while cruising at 39,000 ft over the English channel on Norwegian air :) ...free wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

mousehouse wrote: »

Well I was in there for 20 minutes today and it was still €2.
    I think that's pretty shocking. Complained to 2 different members of staff but unless you want to spend a tenner in dunnes (I didn't) it's a flat rate

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Well I was in there for 20 minutes today and it was still €2.
    I think that's pretty shocking. Complained to 2 different members of staff but unless you want to spend a tenner in dunnes (I didn't) it's a flat rate

Instead of complaining, just don't go there. You can complain all you want but they have €2 more and you €2 less.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Instead of complaining, just don't go there. You can complain all you want but they have €2 more and you €2 less.

I'd say they did not know that themselves. I would have assumed it was €1.50 rate as it had been previously and once you went over the 1 hour, the €2 rate kicked in. That would make sense. They are actually screwing people now that stay under an hour.
    How clearly is the new €2 rate displayed? i.e. is it CLEAR that it applies regardless of if you stay under the hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

does the new charge apply to the outdoor, car park also, or is that still the same rate, personaly i think it is great and any one i have mentioned it to think it a great rate too,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Thank the lord for Captain Havoc, now you know you are being screwed by the company that own the place.
    Support cyclists I say

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

I see the free parking after 6 is gone. Got stung for 2 euro last night. Won't be going there unless I really have to and will use on street parking if I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

bennyob wrote: »
    I see the free parking after 6 is gone. Got stung for 2 euro last night. Won't be going there unless I really have to and will use on street parking if I do.

Got stung for the 2 euro myself recently too..For all of 20 minutes.Wont be going back.

So they are "giving" with one hand and taking back as much with the other. So basically, if under an hour you pay €2 regardless of time and duration.
    That is rubbish!!

Advertisement