Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with ESB

Options
  • 19-07-2012 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have isue with ESB, my bill from February was €500 for two months not sure if It's mistake but I didn't pay, I switch to airtricity , since then I'm receiving letters from them that I have to pay or they will start legal action, the last letter that i'v got is from their solicitor saying that if I don't pay in 7 days the have to call me in a court and the expenses will be more, can somebody tell me what really that can do, can I avoid paying or I have to pay at the end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

kirius wrote: »
    I have isue with ESB, my bill from February was €500 for two months not sure if It's mistake but I didn't pay, I switch to airtricity , since then I'm receiving letters from them that I have to pay or they will start legal action, the last letter that i'v got is from their solicitor saying that if I don't pay in 7 days the have to call me in a court and the expenses will be more, can somebody tell me what really that can do, can I avoid paying or I have to pay at the end?

Might be best to start a new thread rather than using this zombie thread..

Yes, if you used electricity you will need to pay.. it's not free..

If you think you are being overcharged you need to work with ESB to identify how many units you used etc. and work out the correct bill..
    Was it a new house for you? If so, what was the meter at when you moved it? If not, whats your usual bill etc...

Ignoring ESB will not make the problem go away.. Call them today and start working on the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

If they bring you to court, expect the bill to rise to over €1000 with charges.
    €500 for 2 months if you use it for heating as well as lighting and cooking is about right. Failing to pay can also mean you will not get a credit account with other suppliers of other goods and services too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I find it hard to believe this is not a joke. You owe for electricity used, so just change supplier and expect not to have to pay your debts! €500 is not out of the question if you had previously estimated bills or use electric heating. Irrespective of the reason, you can't just turn your back on such a bill. Contact Electric Ireland before this ends up costing you much more.

Are you going to run away from Airtricity bills as well if they get high? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Can you "avoid paying"? For something that you owe? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Kirius,

Please private message us your Electric Ireland account number and your name/date of birth and the address the account is registered to.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement