If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BRENNAN MUSIC SERVER NOW AVAILABLE FROM RS

Options
  • 19-07-2012 6:56pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Boardies,

it's not too often that I'm really chuffed to get a new product in but we will have the BRENNAN AUDIO JB7 music server in tomorrow with the matching speakers.

All you guys in the know will probably already know that it's probably the most user friendly way storing your CD library on hard drive - it really is a simple as put the CD in and the Brennan does everything else!

It's a product that we have been asked for 100's of times (Brennan do lots of direct press advertising) and we're now the exclusive retail stockists.

It's a reall compact unit and is designed so EVERYONE can use it without the instruction manual - the 500Gb model will store 1000's of CD's in one place with easy access..

It also has a line level input to allow you to store music from your Cassette / CD or even Vinvl collections and a USB input allows you to upload music from an iPod / Mp3 player or USB stick - you can even connect an outboard hard drive to make a personal back-up of your complete music library and it's built like a battleship!

It has a built in 60Watt amplifier - so all you need to do is connect up a pair of speakers and you're away - there are matching Brennan compact speakers available at just £62/pair but the unit will actually run a decent pair of Monitor Audio Bx1 or Tannoy's no problem..

showimage.php?image=309934.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

It's available now at just £479 - If there ever was a great pressie for yourself or anyone who is a music lover with a decent music collection - this is it!

Give us a shout on 00.44.333.900.0071 / sales@richersounds.ie or via PM and we will reserve a unit for you..

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I've seen these advertised in the music mag I read for a while now and wondered what they were like, sound-wise. Have you had a chance to try one out yet, John?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Have this rigged in the shop as of about 1/2 an hour ago and it sounds excellent. I would put it on a par with a decent £200 - £250 stereo amp.

I will say that it does sound better using better speakers than the Brennan speakers but the Brennan speakers are excellent value for money.

We have tested it with the Brennan speakers and then swapped them to the BX1's followed by the Tannoy Mercury V1 and both sounded excellent and better than the Brennan speakers.

The BX1's certainly got more from it than the others but going up from these is something that we still have to test.

The Brennan makes it very easy to enjoy the music from it as it's quite a warm and easy going sound but also good at the top end and this is where the BX1's won the day as they were able to control the top end better than the Tannoy V1's. These are a little truer and not as lively on the top end.

I hope this helps a little, but the Brennan is a great piece of kit that ticks a lot of boxes and sounds great too.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.