Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Morning Brunch Suggestions?

Options
  • 19-07-2012 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

A good friend and I are meeting in Kilkenny on Saturday around 10:30-11:30 - any suggestions on where to get a decent brunch/late breakfast/early lunch?

Parking-wise, are we better off heading to McDongah and eating there, or the car park at Dunnes and eating in town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Marble City Tea Rooms is ace. Park in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

The cafe in the Kilkenny Design Centre (opposite the Castle) would be nice for a meet-up. Not the cheapest but nice food anytime I've been in there. (it's been a while though) Park on Castle Road and it shouldnt be too bad at that time of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Foodworks

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Foodworks which is now move to the old ACC building at High Street/Parliament St, park in Dunnes market yard.... Chez Pierre nice also on Parliament St. Marble City tea rooms also. Plenty of options in that general area.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Marble city tea rooms! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

The Tea Rooms were so fab we met for brunch there and then came back hours later for dindin! :D

I really recommend sitting at the counter - great view, not too cramped, not too hot/cold.

Food was great and really fast service. Thanks for the recs everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

You need only thank me, but you're welcome.

Advertisement