Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have to vent!

Options
  • 19-07-2012 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi - I haven't been here in a while. Following my mc last year we had a few months away from ttc...and then started back again.

Last two months my luteal phase has been 12 days...average over last 6 mths has been about 14. I am now 18 days past ovulation but have been scared to test in case my ovulation dates were wrong (i am using clearblue monitor and ovulated very early this mth). Today I noticed very faint pink when I wiped after I went to bathroom. So now - although I don't know I definitely am pregnant (although I suspect) I'm worried its not going to last.

Have bought tests...but had to vent to someone. My bf doesn't really get the whole ovulation/luteal phase thing so doesn't see how I think I am as the time since my last period hasn't been longer than normal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 JustPassinThru

I was also sick after breakfast this morning...very early for morning sickness so I'm thinking its not related. My breasts are sore too...since I noticed the 'pink' today I have been discreetly checking to make sure they are still sore....well - I hope it was discreetly :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Do a test in the morning, then do your best to enjoy the new pregnancy if it's positive. Each little life is special, even the very short ones and they deserve your hopes, love and fears. Best of luck and fingers crossed. Remember there are only very few of us who miscarry re currently :-)

barbiegirl wrote: »
    Do a test in the morning, then do your best to enjoy the new pregnancy if it's positive. Each little life is special, even the very short ones and they deserve your hopes, love and fears. Best of luck and fingers crossed. Remember there are only very few of us who miscarry re currently :-)

Thanks. Some 'pink' just now again...but I prob wouldn't notice if I wasn't obsessing. I am going to test in the morning. Fingers crossed x

A definite 'no' this morning. Still no sign of AF though. I was very hopeful for a yes :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Hi JustPassinThru - any sign of AF or have you tested again? x

• Advertisement

stickybean wrote: »
    Hi JustPassinThru - any sign of AF or have you tested again? x

Hi...AF started on Sunday...didn't last long but was incredibly painful (or maybe it only seemed that way).

Sorry to here that :( fintgers crossed you will be here next month with great news x I am still waiting, tested this morning a very definite negative. 9 days late - cracking up!!!

stickybean wrote: »
    Sorry to here that :( fintgers crossed you will be here next month with great news x I am still waiting, tested this morning a very definite negative. 9 days late - cracking up!!!

Hi stickybean. Apologies if you have posted this elsewhere...but I was wondering if you had any news. I have decided that this month I am testing as soon as possible (if I think there is reason to) xx

Hi stickybean. Apologies if you have posted this elsewhere...but I was wondering if you had any news. I have decided that this month I am testing as soon as possible (if I think there is reason to) xx

hi JustPassinThru, still nothing - I am cracking up - I got a first response test and got a negative. I'm now 12/13 days late, not sure what is going on - really think it has been the stress of the last few weeks. Wish AF would come so I can start again.

How are you getting on pet? xxx

I am really sorry to hear that. It's so hard waiting for AF when you are that late but getting a negative all the time. Are you monitoring your ovulation? Luteal phase (time between ovulation and period) shouldn't vary by much each month...which was what threw me. Maybe you ovulated late this month? Fingers crossed that something will happen soon xxx

I am ok...still a bit upset but am 'high' again already so looks like I will ovulate early again this month.

• Advertisement

This is the first month I haven't monitored. I had been using OPK's and ovulated day 19 for 5 months and day 18 for 1 month, so assuming that stayed more or less the same I should have ovulated on the 5th of July - I have a short enough Luteal phase (about 10/11 days).

Do you temp of use OPK's?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hopeful35

What opk would ye recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'm using the clear blue digital and I find them great. I was using the cheap ones that you can buy online but I could never tell for sure if I was ovulating as I never got a strong line.

I buy the clearblue on line in a box of 20 and they work out quite reasonable.

I am also using the clearblue digital. I had never monitored before so wanted something that was foolproof! I find it easy to use and very clear. I buy the tests in the chemist as I didn't see much difference in price between online and in the shops.

I'm using the clear blue digital and I find them great. I was using the cheap ones that you can buy online but I could never tell for sure if I was ovulating as I never got a strong line.

I buy the clearblue on line in a box of 20 and they work out quite reasonable.

Thanks for that - must look into it

I am also using the clearblue digital. I had never monitored before so wanted something that was foolproof! I find it easy to use and very clear. I buy the tests in the chemist as I didn't see much difference in price between online and in the shops.

Yeah I have'nt used opk before so something thats clear and simple would be great. Thanks for that info

Advertisement