Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do in Cork City tomorrow

Options
  • 19-07-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

I have to go down to South Mall tomorrow to collect my passport at 2.30pm.
    Thinking of staying for a few hours as I have not been to Cork since the 70s.
    Will be going with my 14 y.o. daughter.

Anyone any suggestions for things to do or see. Our interests are wide ranging.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Food fest is on in Fitzgerald's Park (by the Shaky Bridge) - €12 entry IIRC

Otherwise it's the same old same old....

Crawford Gallery
    Glucksmann in UCC
    Marina Walk or Lee Fields Walk
    Kinsale
    Blackrock Castle Observatory

Hope you have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

You could get the train out to Fota Island if the weather is nice, it's a great day out!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,904 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

You could get the boat tour from the quay down to Cobh - it's quite interesting seeing things from the water - a different perspective altogether.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

14 yr old may be interested in all things Titanic, you get get the train to Cobh.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

go to see the dark knight rises of course :D like all normal people im sure :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Seems I'll only be there for a couple of hours.
    Might just chill out with a coffee somewhere, get a few rays and watch the World go by.
    Thanks for replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

go for lunch in scoozis before you collect it! have a browse around the shops, buy your 14 year old something nice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

go to see the dark knight rises of course :D like all normal people im sure :P

Haha i was just going to say..Have tickets for tonight cant wait...

With the few hours to chill ye should go to the castle for lunch and enjoy the rays there

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Take her to O'Connell's for a hot chocolate - Frenchchurch St. And walk through the English Market. Liberty Grill on Washington St is great for lunch.

Cork and West Cork are in the Right Hook's travel guide this week: http://newstalk.newsweaver.ie/newsletter/qeifk1o2gfkewls9gld0mg?a=2&p=26001334&t=17615634

Advertisement