Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 PhD (or Post graduate) Students for September 2012 teaming up to get accomodation

Options
  • 19-07-2012 7:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭

Please seeking 4 MATURED AND QUIET post graduate students, (PhD preferably) in Dublin seeking to get an off camp accommodation some where around the campus? Commencing September 2012. Something around the range of 400 p/m so we cld split it round 100 per person. Thanks.
    Students with a good knowledge of Dublin would please be preferable thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Just to let you know a two bedroom apartment close to UCD will cost you around €1400 a month. You may have to re evaluate your rent costs.

Although you may have mistaken p/m with p/w? If so ignore my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'd echo the above, you would be very lucky to get anywhere in the south Dublin area for a grand total of €400 per month. Maybe each, but not as a whole. I could be mistaken but most of my friends paid about €200 - 300 and that was sharing with upwards of 4 others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭SirBorbey

Thanks Guys, pretty much seems to confirm what i have heard anecdotally about Bristol being an expensive city. However You think distance from the College (UCD) could be a mitigating factor i.e. rent wise? I intend to get a cycle. Anyways thanks for the replies guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

SirBorbey wrote: »
    Thanks Guys, pretty much seems to confirm what i have heard anecdotally about Bristol being an expensive city. However You think distance from the College (UCD) could be a mitigating factor i.e. rent wise? I intend to get a cycle. Anyways thanks for the replies guys.

Not really. UCD is in a fairly high rent area. In one direction, your going into town so the rent goes up. In the other, your going towards Blackrock, Foxrock and the 'south side' which has a high rent. Much further afield your out in Shankill and Bray, where your rent will be lower but you'll be at the extreme end of 'cycle-able' distance. The other direction (Much closer) would be Milltown, Dundrum and Clonskeagh which are filled with student places. I'd look around there first.

I'd say you would be doing well if you found somewhere for €300 per person per month within a reasonable distance. It is possible, just a little harder to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

The fact that you're a PhD student is a plus for searching (most places just flat out reject students) but you'd be doing well to get one for €400 a month each anywhere that's in reasonable distance of UCD.

If there's only one of you, I would suggest looking at the "sharing" section on Daft.ie where people post ads looking for room mates.

• Advertisement
Advertisement