Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaging the micro-usb on Galaxy Note

Options
  • 19-07-2012 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I just recently replaced my Toshiba TG01 with a Samsung Galaxy Note. Well pleased with it so far. However, I'm concerned re. future usage.

I use email a lot - a hell of a lot. When I used the TG01 in that way, I used to keep slotting in a connector (from a usb keyboard) into the micro usb slot - so that I could write mails - quickly and easily. After about 6 months usage, I could still do this - but could no longer charge via the microusb slot. I ended up using external chargers as an improvised solution - as nobody was willing to repair - other than to send it back to Toshiba - and they were going to charge the earth for the repair.

So....given the experience above, I'm concerned as to whether this outcome can be expected - or can I draw the conclusion that they Galaxy Note micro usb slot is more robust??

I bought the phone second hand - has 1.5 years of warranty - but was originally purchased in Poland. What would be the situation if I wanted to avail of a warranty repair given that it wasn't purchased in IRL??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Micro-usb ports are always dodgy for some reason. Would you consider getting a bluetooth keyboard? There's some pretty compact, cheap ones. Have a look on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Micro-usb ports are always dodgy for some reason. Would you consider getting a bluetooth keyboard? There's some pretty compact, cheap ones. Have a look on ebay.
    Thanks for your post. Yes, others have suggested the bluetooth route - but it's a situational thing (I'll spare you the details) - which means that usb is the only option.

I don't mind so much if a repair is feasible - that didn't seem to be the case with the TG01. I'm hoping theres a possibility that may be different with the Galaxy Note.....???

Advertisement