Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Mobile Provider - keep number?

Options
  • 19-07-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

I'm on billpay with O2 and have 6 months left to run. I want to switch to Meteor and get my free iPhone and keep my number but O2 tell me i can't. They also say i can reduce to minimum payment €10 per month but that ties me into another 12 months with them and i'll have to get a new number if i switch :mad:

Any way around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You have to see out the 6 months left in your contract before you can port that number to another provider

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You have to see out the 6 months left in your contract before you can port that number to another provider

Not true. You can port out at any time (this is by law), but if you do that O2 will automatically issue you a bill for the remaining months of your contract (because you broke the contract by porting out early).

Advertisement