Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wine Bar Forster St.

Options
  • 19-07-2012 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Passed it today but couldn't see much only a few people outside..
    Has anyone been? When did it open etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Its called 'Alchemy'.

There is a new bar / brasserie on the corner of Eglinton street and Mary street.

http://www.facebook.com/Brasseriegalway

The new CP looks like it is taking shape too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

And the middle class tighten their grip....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

On???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Its called 'Alchemy'.

Where abouts is that? I pass there numerous times each day and still not seen it.
    Anyone been to the Jungle Cafe yet? It seems to be gaining in popularly rapidly. Want to try it but it's strangely difficult to get anybody to move any of my friends past the Eyre Sq cut off line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Where abouts is that? I pass there numerous times each day and still not seen it.

Kiltartan House - same building that Square Eyes used to be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

JustMary wrote: »
    Kiltartan House - same building that Square Eyes used to be in.
    Yep in the unit Mulhollands had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 biscuits4abear

'The Brasserie on the Corner' have taken the head chef from Vina Mara. It looks like it will specialize in top end stone cooked steak in the evenings - I had lunch there and it was very good. They do some interesting large platters at around 14 quid each.

Alchemy opened last week - I think they have the same owners as Blackcat in Salthill, meatball/tapas type of menu. I hope to get there next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I popped into The Brasserie last Friday night and didn't think much of it to be honest. Same dull and lifeless style of the Dail Bar and Front Door , No Charm.
    Haven't tried the food though so am always up for a good steak :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 biscuits4abear

I popped into The Brasserie last Friday night and didn't think much of it to be honest. Same dull and lifeless style of the Dail Bar and Front Door , No Charm.

A lot of people seem to like the dull and lifeless style, unfortunately - but I am hopeful for the steak - there are only a couple of places in Galway that get it right consistently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I actually like the Dáil and Front door in the daytime. Dáil food is usually very good. And charm is what you make it, once you have a fireplace and craic it's up to you. :)

New place food menu looks priceier though, and nothing is popping out at me, but I will give it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Thank fsck. Far too many poor people around these days.

On topic, I'l have to check out this Alchemy place. Never noticed it and it's on my walk home!

Advertisement