Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunbrody Tapestry

Options
  • 19-07-2012 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Anyody visit the Dunbrody Tapetry? Is it worth a visit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Maybe you mean Ros Tapestry opposite the Dunbrody .

If so , its too soon to visit , as the tapestries are not completed yet .

The final four are been stitched at the moment in different locations .

They will be complete within the next 18 months .

These tapestries will depict events around the Anglo-Norman arrival in the SE .and the founding of New Ross by William Marshall and Isabel De Clare .

No doubt a large tapestry exhibition will be planned for the unveiling .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

I wouldn't say it's too early too visit when they are looking for all the support they can get to pay the rent and upkeep of the premises they're in atm.

I was there 2 weeks ago. It is a work in progress but the finished pieces and the painted panels/patterns for the rest are very interesting and tell the story of the area. The panel they were working on was in the reception area and for anyone who is into tapestry or needlework it was fascinating to see how they use the different stitches to add texture and movement to the picture.

I would encourage anyone to go see it as it is being created.

Advertisement