Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Anymore solid defenders around?

Shawcross at Stoke, possibly a Newcastle defender

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Cheers token56

Right i mixed it up a bit

Krul

Fabio
    Simpson
    Hangeland

Yaya Toure
    Silva
    Kagawa
    Hazard

Torres
    Agureo
    Pogrebnyak

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

This is what I've come up with so far.

Begovic - Green

Cole A - Koscielny - Gunter - Cuellar - Demel

Hazard - Walcott - Sigurdsson - McCarthy - Frei

Aguero - Rooney - Petric

I'd prefer Mignolet to Begovic but where can I downgrade to find the extra half million. Feedback/opinions welcome please.

Still can't get the hang of this posting pictures lark:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

aee97bd0084aaaf56c0b54716ebf3a06.png?1342800263

Ended up changing this quite a bit last night, quite happy now especially as I have a much better bench. I think I'm just about where I want to be in terms of my team so I won't post it up, but I would advise people to look at the first 8-10 fixtures of each team plus those that may not start the season as first choice due to involvement in the Olympics.

There's plenty of bargains (on paper at least) with some great starts to the season and some far more expensive players that likely won't start the season or will be subject to quite a bit of rotation to start off with, along with tough fixtures to boot.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Trying to decide between Tevez and Bent. Obviously Tevez has the potential to score much higher if he's a regular starter, as he's more involved in the general play, so should get more assists and bonus points. But Bent is a goal machine when he gets going, and he's a guaranteed started, unlike Tevez.

Tough one, any opinions?

How'd ye guys rate my team? would love to hear people's opinions on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Krul

Fabio
    Simpson
    Hangeland

Yaya Toure
    Silva
    Kagawa
    Hazard

Torres
    Agureo
    Pogrebnyak

thats quite a good team, who are your subs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

For those looking for a defender: Smalling is facing 10 weeks out, Vidic and Evans are doubts for the start of the season. That leaves Man Utd with Rafael, Ferdinand, Jones and Evra. Rafael is probably going to be a key player at the start of the season, and provides a good attacking threat too.

• Advertisement

My subs are Cerny barnett shawcross britton, would love to get rooney in and pair him with aguero but i would have to downgrade toure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

My subs are Cerny barnett shawcross britton, would love to get rooney in and pair him with aguero but i would have to downgrade toure

there's plenty of good mids in the 5-6.5 bracket. Toure a bit over-priced imo...

I'm looking for a bit of quality in the 5-5 6-0 area

Lots of options: Maloney, Nolan, Lallana, Noble, Taarabt, Park, Guilerme...

I'd like to see Taarabt step up and show his class this year, what about that spanish guy who swansea signed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

I'd like to see Taarabt step up and show his class this year, what about that spanish guy who swansea signed?

Michu. He hasn't been added to the game yet.

• Advertisement

Michu. Good goal scoring record in Spain. Not too sure about Swansea though with Rodgers gone. Gonna stay away from their players to start off with

Bebe and Macheda have both scored in pre season get them into your teams lads :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

That's why I have him. What do you make of my team? I fear that my midfield is to weak but I need Rooney in my team after last year and I didn't have him

Happy enough with the attacking side of it Rooney and Agureo are a must for me can i do better with the defence???

manual_man wrote: »
    Lots of options: Maloney, Nolan, Lallana, Noble, Taarabt, Park, Guilerme...

Also Holman, Dembele, Allen, Rodwell (ish), Ireland (if he can get properly fit this season) or if you can push to 6.5 there's always Pienaar or McClean. Yaya, Silva and Aguero is a bit of a city overload.

• Advertisement

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Also Holman, Dembele, Allen, Rodwell (ish), Ireland (if he can get properly fit this season) or if you can push to 6.5 there's always Pienaar or McClean. Yaya, Silva and Aguero is a bit of a city overload.

Pienaar if he moves permanent to Everton would seem a bargain for 6.5, but at the same time i'm wary of Everton's tendency to start seasons slowly

Go with rooney that's what i'm gonna do must downgrade toure first tho

Pienaar if he moves permanent to Everton would seem a bargain for 6.5, but at the same time i'm wary of Everton's tendency to start seasons slowly

If turkey neck stays at city I'd prob do Aguero to Tevez and then upgrade McCarthy to Pienaar. Point def taken about Evertons slow starts tho, they have cost me money betting wise in the past ballsing up potential shoo-in wins.

Rooney-anyone's who's valued at 6
    Torres-Arteta/Sessegnon

Chelsea have a double week-short term torres and long term rooney i might go for???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

09435337e1701f6b251cf3cd3b5d18f7.png?1342915932

That's a handy team will ox be a starter?

Rooney-anyone's who's valued at 6
    Torres-Arteta/Sessegnon

Chelsea have a double week-short term torres and long term rooney i might go for???

Torres, if not usurped by another big name signing, will have many chances created for him in his first 2 games. I will prob captain him for the first game week and swap him for Rooney straight afterwards. I'm very very far from being convinced by him tho, his goalscoring record has never been really impressive IIRC, he's not as quick as he was, and even without new signings, lukaku will be pushing for more games this season. So in short term, yes ;)

Will prob use him for the double week and bring it rooney straight away as i plan to keep rooney and agureo

Skippy44 wrote: »
    This is what I've come up with so far.

Begovic - Green

Cole A - Koscielny - Gunter - Cuellar - Demel

Hazard - Walcott - Sigurdsson - McCarthy - Frei

Aguero - Rooney - Petric

I'd prefer Mignolet to Begovic but where can I downgrade to find the extra half million. Feedback/opinions welcome please.

Still can't get the hang of this posting pictures lark:confused:

Any thoughts on this team lads? Thanks. And any (spannerproof) tips on how to post pics greatly appreciated too.

swoody wrote: »

i think you should have at least one 'top' mid in there. also, i'd have some doubts about how much game time some of your players would get: Ox, Dawson, Rafael, even Clichy mightn't be guaranteed... i was burned last year in this regard (Richards, Drenthe) so trying to be much more careful this time round

• Advertisement

Who's petric? i would downgrade Koscielny

new lad signed by Fulham. striker. by all accounts seems a nifty player. could be a dark horse

How would you rate my team?

swoody wrote: »

Too "back-heavy" I think. Midfield would need strenghtening, could click, but not regularly, prob need Bale/Silva/chelsea mid/kagawa in there somewhere imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

i think you should have at least one 'top' mid in there. also, i'd have some doubts about how much game time some of your players would get: Ox, Dawson, Rafael, even Clichy mightn't be guaranteed... i was burned last year in this regard (Richards, Drenthe) so trying to be much more careful this time round

We do not speak his name!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

agree it needs better midfielders, its just my first draft from auto-select, my ideal defence is all 4.0 to bump up my midfield
    How would you rate my team?
    i would download Gyazo. then crop team with + symbol, copy and paste the link into [IMG][/IMG]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

First draft:
    Krul - Ruddy
    Simpson - Shorey - Williams - Shawcross - Hangeland
    Yaya Toure - Kagawa - McAnuff - McClean - Hazard
    Graham - Aguero - Torres

Any tips?

i would downgrade toure, What kind of season will demba ba have? will he stay at newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

new lad signed by Fulham. striker. by all accounts seems a nifty player. could be a dark horse

Scored 2 goals in their friendly yesterday.

• Advertisement

I'm going to stay away from Ba. I think he will leave in January. What do you think about Nolan? WH have a good start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

FatRat wrote: »
    34qpsma.png

Advice would be appreciated for the team above. Actually, advice is needed for the team above!

Nolan always scores i might look to bring him in

FatRat wrote: »
    Advice would be appreciated for the team above. Actually, advice is needed for the team above!

I wanted to bring in fox or Hoovield and lallana but they play Utd and City in their first 3 so staying away for now.

Harte is 50/50 to play as is Clichy.

But mid/forwards are good to go. But I would look to replace Diarra

Krul

Fabio
    Simpson
    Hangeland

Yaya Toure
    Silva
    Kagawa
    Hazard

Torres
    Agureo
    Pogrebnyak

Would have 2 keepers that will start. Always good to have the option. Defense might be considered a bit weak with no players from 'big' clubs in there. Toure i'm not sure of he does have a good ff record but i think there could be better value around that price. Kagawa it remains to be seen. Could be a points-magnet, but i'm not convinced yet Fergie will do a 4-4-1-1, he's been playing with a 4-4-2 for a long time now... i still want a United mid but at the moment i'm looking at Young/Valencia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

RB100 wrote: »
    I wanted to bring in fox or Hoovield and lallana but they play Utd and City in their first 3 so staying away for now.

Harte is 50/50 to play as is Clichy.

But mid/forwards are good to go. But I would look to replace Diarra

My thinking is that Fox can wait a while to be played. I'll be benching two of those defenders each game so I don't mind having Fox on the bench for his first 3. The man got 9 assist last season or something like that so I'm keen on keeping him. Same goes for Diarra, he's my cheap mid that won't play for me often but is a threat based on his few showings last season. You're right about Clichy and Harte though, but I'm willing to wait and see with Harte.

As for City's defence everyone..... If Real Madrid go ahead with buying Richards than Zabaleta is wide-open for FF selection considering there is pretty much nobody he will be rotated with. So I'm gonna keep an eye on that.

• Advertisement

it is annoying that Harte and Clichy won't be nailing down a srart every week because they both so good FF wise. I mean Harte is FF gold at that price! Why McDermott, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Still a bit of tinkering to do, but happy enough with the selection.

FPL%20Team%202012.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

RB100 wrote: »
    it is annoying that Harte and Clichy won't be nailing down a srart every week because they both so good FF wise. I mean Harte is FF gold at that price! Why McDermott, why?
    How dya know Harte would be automatic starter? Played lb for them last season and scored last night too. Shorey is only cover imho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

@FatRat: Monk is unlikely to start imo. He was poor when called upon last season and Swansea have signed a Spanish centre back Chico who Laudrup has worked with before.

I think Maloney is a better option than Diarra. Frei might even be worth a look if Dempsey leaves. I'd like a Spurs player too considering their kind start.

I just have a feeling will be rotated with shorey because of his age

• Advertisement
Advertisement