Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

darego wrote: »
    i think sagna is now back in training so Jenkinson won't be a starter soon enough
    Hmmm so probably best to get Gibbs in maybe do you think or maybe an Everton defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Played my WC and team as of now looks like this:

Vorm

Jagielka-Simpson-Williams-Gallas
    Pienaar-Yaya Toure-Michu
    Tevez(c)-Van Persie(vc)-Petric

Subs:
    Jaaskelainen- Demel-Noble-Hazard

Have 0.4 left over, anything stand out that looks a bit wrong or could be improved on??

Im getting married tomorrow!!! so this is my last chance to get opinions on my team which I played a wildcard on please have ye any suggestions on players to change or what is good ?

I believe Jenkinson may not be a starter any longer as sagna is back

Begovic Davis

Rafael Jenkinson Cuellar Bertrand Rangel

Yaya Toure Dyer Hazard Kagawa Michu

Petric Tevez Van Persie

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

james123 wrote: »
    Hmmm so probably best to get Gibbs in maybe do you think or maybe an Everton defender
    But you only have .3 in the bank, Jenkinson's 4.5 and .3 will give you 4.8. You cant afford Gibbs or a starting Everton defender with that without taking a points hit

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Im getting married tomorrow!!! so this is my last chance to get opinions on my team which I played a wildcard on please have ye any suggestions on players to change or what is good ?

Begovic Davis

Petric Tevez Van Persie

Might be alright for this week,keep an eye on Fulham though,Petric could be under threat from Berbatov,best of luck tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Begovic Davis

Petric Tevez Van Persie

As someone who got married just over a week ago on the weekend of GW1, trust me when I say get that team in early and avoid all technology for the entire day! :p

Jenkinson is probably OK for another week or so. Looks like a strong team to me!

Good luck tomorrow. :)

Begovic Davis

Petric Tevez Van Persie
    Sorry about my last post to you was typing when you posted this. Did not realise you were using your wildcard.

I would downgrade Dyer to Kacaniklic of Fulham saving you 1.2 as i think your other 4 midfielders are good enough to start every week.

In defence Bertrand to Clyne/ Demel/ McCarthy saving you .5, Bertrand will get plenty game time this season but he will be rotated alot.

I would upgrade Davis to Mignolet or Schwarzer, prob Schwarzer sine you already have Cuellar in defence.

You then have 5.7 to upgrade Jenkinson. Mite as well get him out now since you are using your wildcard and Sagna is nearly back and Arsenal have Liverpool at Anfield on sunday.

I am going by current prices on these players so my maths mite not add up with your team value.

Steel Dog wrote: »
    But you only have .3 in the bank, Jenkinson's 4.5 and .3 will give you 4.8. You cant afford Gibbs or a starting Everton defender with that without taking a points hit
    Well I would have to change more than him to get either of those if I have 3 strong defenders in im happy

carlcon wrote: »

Begovic Davis

Petric Tevez Van Persie

As someone who got married just over a week ago on the weekend of GW1, trust me when I say get that team in early and avoid all technology for the entire day! :p

Jenkinson is probably OK for another week or so. Looks like a strong team to me!

Thanks man, ya the smart phones could get me in trouble B-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Begovic Davis

Petric Tevez Van Persie

Dude, do not go near your phone on your wedding day. enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Begovic Davis

Petric Tevez Van Persie

Don't worry, after a few weeks, you can share the same mistress as the rest of us, FF. I'm sure the better halfs would rather that than the other or is FF addiction grounds for divorce? 'it's me or the FF'. 'ehmmm, can I take some time to think about it'. No really though, best of luck. Ditch Davis and Bertrand maybe, rest looks good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Congrats - getting married myself thurs week, have the most generic team picked to try survive the next 3 weeks as i'll be murdered if i even think about looking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Im getting married tomorrow!!!

Best of luck dude - grand team. You'll be fine. enjoy

I'm helping someone with their team and came to this conclusion:
    Fqv9O.png

I'm not leading them too far astray, right? They're adamant that Baines and RVP are in there, otherwise, most are my choices.

Oh this is a wildcard team. 101.6 value with 0.1 left in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

After my Wildcard:

Mignolet Reina
    Shawcross Rafael Zabaleta Assou-Ekotto Jenkinson
    Dyer Kagawa Dembele Cazorla Hazard
    Jelavic Tevez Pog

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭PopTarts

AdamD wrote: »
    After my Wildcard:

Mignolet Reina
    Shawcross Rafael Zabaleta Assou-Ekotto Jenkinson
    Dyer Kagawa Dembele Cazorla Hazard
    Jelavic Tevez Pog

Thoughts?

Your defense is a bit strong - Unless you're playing 4 back there every week you don't need to spend almost £28m.

I'd get rid of Assou-Ekotto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

PopTarts wrote: »
    Your defense is a bit strong - Unless you're playing 4 back there every week you don't need to spend almost £28m.

I'd get rid of Assou-Ekotto.

Ekotto out for Gallas, Ben Arfa/Rangel/Pienaar in for Dembele?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭PopTarts

AdamD wrote: »
    Ekotto out for Gallas, Ben Arfa/Rangel/Pienaar in for Dembele?

Rangel is class - he's a defender though.

I'd bring Rangel in for Shawcross.

Gallas in for Ekotto.

Should leave you with £1.4

I'd take Pog out and upgrade to Petric / Graham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Wildcard Team

Krul Begovic
    Rangel Baines Rafael Cuellar Demel
    Hazard Michu Pienaar Yaya Kacaniklic
    RVP Tevez Graham

0.3 left in the bank. Thinking about bringing in Ben Arfa for Hazard then using a transfer to swap back next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

This is my team going into this gameweek. Took a points hit to bring in Tevez for Aguero and Petric for Pogrebnyak.

Would appreciate anybody's thoughts/opinions on this team, cheers.

iGamIURAmMCRY.png

• Advertisement

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Best of luck dude - grand team. You'll be fine. enjoy

Thanks all for the kind words, I love you FF I mean my wife... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I really need some views on this cause its been wrecking my head all week!! :pac:

This is what i have at the moment....
    7845214524_02afc42a24_c.jpg

I am thinking of switching it to this with my wildcard..........
    7896834718_34f68d0975_c.jpg

Then switch in Hazard for Yaya when Chelsea are back in the game. Whats everyone think??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

I'm helping someone with their team and came to this conclusion:
    Fqv9O.png

I'm not leading them too far astray, right? They're adamant that Baines and RVP are in there, otherwise, most are my choices.

Oh this is a wildcard team. 101.6 value with 0.1 left in the bank.

keepers don't rotate too well mate. i'd change Schwarzer to Bego and then i think Pienaar to sunderlands johnson would be a good shout

No comments no??

keepers don't rotate too well mate. i'd change Schwarzer to Bego and then i think Pienaar to sunderlands johnson would be a good shout

WH and Fulham rotate for the next 6 weeks. Neither of us consider any other 4.5 GK to be worth it right now, so the pair will have to do for now.

I really need some views on this cause its been wrecking my head all week!! :pac:

Then switch in Hazard for Yaya when Chelsea are back in the game. Whats everyone think??????

i would downgrade a cole to a fulham(riise)/newcastle(simpson)/sunderland(cueller) defender and go pog > petric then when berba is starting go petric > berba. still leaves you with enough to go yaya > hazard

WH and Fulham rotate for the next 6 weeks. Neither of us consider any other 4.5 GK to be worth it right now, so the pair will have to do for now.

kk was just looking at it long term with them only rotating for 26 weeks

i would downgrade a cole to a fulham(riise)/newcastle(simpson)/sunderland(cueller) defender and go pog > petric then when berba is starting go petric > berba. still leaves you with enough to go yaya > hazard

Thanks for the reply. Seeing as I've dropped city defender was looking to try a keep a Chelsea one at least on the bench for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Hi

My team as it stands , i have untill tomorrow (11.30)to change things . After tomorrow im going 3-5-2 changing Teves for Torres.

Al-Habsi

Rafael - Distin - Coloccini

Kagawa - Dyer - Kacaniklic - Fellaini

Graham - Teves - Van Persie

Subs - Cech - Wilkinson - McCartney - Hazard

in the bank .07

Any tweeks/ideas/improvments would be great . Good luck to James123 and thanks to Kennyb3

• Advertisement

Just as a bynote how do i get the team choice picture posted on here ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

bodking wrote: »
    Just as a bynote how do i get the team choice picture posted on here ??

You could download gyazo and follow the simple instructions to get a squad image. Look on YouTube if you don't know how to use gyazo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

bodking wrote: »
    Hi

My team as it stands , i have untill tomorrow (11.30)to change things . After tomorrow im going 3-5-2 changing Teves for Torres.

Al-Habsi

Rafael - Distin - Coloccini

Kagawa - Dyer - Kacaniklic - Fellaini

Graham - Teves - Van Persie

Subs - Cech - Wilkinson - McCartney - Hazard

in the bank .07

Any tweeks/ideas/improvments would be great . Good luck to James123 and thanks to Kennyb3

Sell Cech for a lower rank keeper,way too expensive!;)
    Keep Tevez till he stops rising in price plus if Chelsea do sign a striker Torres will drop off in form once again,imo.
    Midfield somehow looks weak for a future 3=5-2 formation but cant quite nail why......

jebforever wrote: »
    You could download gyazo and follow the simple instructions to get a squad image. Look on YouTube if you don't know how to use gyazo.

Thanks
    dahat wrote: »
    Keep Tevez till he stops rising in price plus if Chelsea do sign a striker Torres will drop off in form once again,imo.
    Midfield somehow looks weak for a future 3=5-2 formation but cant quite nail why......

Im very new at this ( 1st season ) thanks for the imput.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

dahat wrote: »

It's because he should be playing 3-4-3 with that team not 3-5-2. Graham should start ahead of Kacaniklic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This weeks offering:

Begovic

Rafael / Zabaelta / Simpson / Demel

Michu / Pienaar / Bale

Tevez (C) / Graham / Van Persie (VC)

Subs: Foster / Kacaniklic / Cuellar / Hazard

Quite pleased with my squad overall now. I have enough in my bank to get Cazorla in for Bale when Arsenal's fixtures improve and swap Zabaleta for Lescott when he starts playing consistently.

Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Who thinks Torres will keep scoring? I sold him last week and dont know to buy him back or go for someone else. Have to ship Rooney asap

Berbatov??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Dubstar07

Hi all,

Team for this week is:

Vorm (Begovic)

Rafael Assou Jagielka Briggs (Demel)

Kagawa Kacaniklic Pienaar Michu (Hazard)

Tevez Jelavic (Torres)

Happy with fwds and Gk's. Looking for options on defence and Kacaniklic.
    Have 0.2 to spend & Wc in play, after a disastrous start, normally wouldn't consider it at this stage :-(

Thanks, Dub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

Dubstar07 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Team for this week is:

Vorm (Begovic)

Rafael Assou Jagielka Briggs (Demel)

Kagawa Kacaniklic Pienaar Michu (Hazard)

Tevez Jelavic (Torres)

Happy with fwds and Gk's. Looking for options on defence and Kacaniklic.
    Have 0.2 to spend & Wc in play, after a disastrous start, normally wouldn't consider it at this stage :-(

Thanks, Dub

I be playing my WC this week also. I've built my team around RVP so I had to make some savings.

I went with howard rather than vorm & Swansea def (5.0) for jags, you would save 0.5m for more or less the same defence. Also I got gallas over Assou (1.5m saving given Kaboul is out for months)....it would give scope to upgrade briggs, demel & Kacaniklic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Dubstar07

Thanks Warrior & best of luck, team could be this now:

Howard (Begovic)

Rafael Gallas Mertesaker Williams (Demel)

Kagawa Dembele Pienaar Michu (Hazard)

Tevez Jelavic (Torres)

Not convinced of Gallas though, nor Spurs defence on the whole
    Mertesacker would be benched this week
    I'll probably play a 4-3-3 for the next few GWs, so a cheap mid will not be so bad (Sterling could be an alternative to Kacaniklic, see how the game goes on Sunday)..

Gona sleep on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Should i use my wildcard?
    my team atm for tomorow is
    Friedel
    Walker Clyne Colocinni Zabelata
    Kagawa Dembele Noble Michu
    Suarez Tevez (C)

Subs: Federici,Torres,Hazard,Mariappa

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    This weeks offering:

Begovic

Rafael / Zabaelta / Simpson / Demel

Michu / Pienaar / Bale

Tevez (C) / Graham / Van Persie (VC)

Subs: Foster / Kacaniklic / Cuellar / Hazard

Quite pleased with my squad overall now. I have enough in my bank to get Cazorla in for Bale when Arsenal's fixtures improve and swap Zabaleta for Lescott when he starts playing consistently.

Good luck everyone!
    Fair play nice team, i would not be complaining if that was my team. Zabaleta is sound for this weekend but i would be thinking about getting rid of him for next week because he is too risky now with the arrival of Maicon.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Should i use my wildcard?
    my team atm for tomorow is
    Friedel
    Walker Clyne Colocinni Zabelata
    Kagawa Dembele Noble Michu
    Suarez Tevez (C)

Subs: Federici,Torres,Hazard,Mariappa
    Your team could be better but i would not go using your wildcard. All your players will play except maybe Dembele who mite not start this week for Spurs. When your Chelsea players are back next week your team will not be too bad with 1 or 2 transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Opinions of this

Degea
    Henderson

Baines
    Cuellar
    Marisppa
    Clyne
    McCartney

Bale
    Kagawa
    Hazard
    Michu
    Sterling

Rvp
    Tevez
    Graham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

This is how i'm lined up this GW:

Jussi

Zabaleta ---Baines ----Hangeland ----Demel

----Dyer ----Cazorla ----Bale(v)
    Dyer

Tevez(c)
    Graham

This is my team now, planning to do

Deagea,henderson,clyne, to begavic,jaskelainen, mcauley or ridgewell in coming weeks and just rotate the goalies and defence and let my magic midfield and strikers rack up the points
    rsz_3untitled.jpg

Sexy isnt it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

It's identicle to my team if you swap a few defenders around. I get the impression all the wild card teams will look very alike with players rocketing in price over the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

FYI - Fergie mentioned De Gea wasn't in the team because he made a mistake last week, but that he would be back in a 'couple' of weeks.

So based on that we would expect to see Lindegaard next week. Although they did conceded twice to Southampton so its anyones guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

roryc wrote: »
    FYI - Fergie mentioned De Gea wasn't in the team because he made a mistake last week, but that he would be back in a 'couple' of weeks.

So based on that we would expect to see Lindegaard next week. Although they did conceded twice to Southampton so its anyones guess...

International break next week...

Ok this is what I think represents the best possible team you can get, the midfield and frontline takes care of itself with pog the permanent sub and an enabler but take notice of what I have done with my keepers and defenders, theres representation there of 7 different teams, all these teams are quite solid at home and offer good clean sheet potential ,so my strategy is to play the rotation came, it wont work every week but its better then buying expensive defenders who teams are conceding anyway and there also open to rotation

rsz_team_of_teams_3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Still don't see how Kagawa, the joint 69th highest points scorer in the game, finds his way into a best possible midfield selection.

(Again, I rate the guy highly as a player but he's nowhere near a FF must have at the moment imo)

• Advertisement
Advertisement