Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Help me spend my 2 free transfers!
    After you guys helped me not waste points last time, maybe you cann help now spend my 2 frees?
    Thinking Felliani out, and maybe Tevez. Only have 0.3 spare

Team is

Howard

Ivanovic
    baines
    Jenkinson

Hazard
    Mikel
    Nolan
    Michu

Tevez
    Ba
    RVP

subs
    Rudd
    mccartney
    Fellaini
    Clark

thanks guys
    Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd transfer Fellaini out for Cazorla and downgrade Tevez to Berba. You should have enough for those moves I think.
    [/QUOTE]

I agree with Fellaini to Cazorla but you could do a straight swap for Pienaar and get a better option up front Jelavic/Giroud(although id probably hold off on him for another week or 2 just to be sure he's going to continue scoring)/Torres if you could afford him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I'd transfer Fellaini out for Cazorla and downgrade Tevez to Berba. You should have enough for those moves I think.

Done the fellaini out for cazorla, dont realy have enough for anyone better than tevez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Berba is getting the nod this week, Ben Afra is dropping to the bench (subject to me changing my mind at the last minute!)

Jaaskelainen

Rafael--Jenkinson--Rangel----
    Toure--Cazorla(c)--Hazard--Pienaar
    ----Berbatov--Torres--Podolski----

Begovic, Ben Arfa, Demel, Ridgewell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just transferred Jelavic in. Seriously thinking of benching Hazard for this GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Fizman wrote: »
    Just transferred Jelavic in. Seriously thinking of benching Hazard for this GW.

I don't think he's going to score highly this week either but if a ~10m player isn't in your starting line up every week, it's time to consider shipping him. I personally don't think he's worth his price tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

I don't think he's going to score highly this week either but if a ~10m player isn't in your starting line up every week, it's time to consider shipping him. I personally don't think he's worth his price tag.

He's worth 8/9m IMO. Even Torres isn't worth a 10m pricetag but hey, this is the EPL, you never know. Either might score a brace or a hat-trick against a good club & we could see their prices skyrocketing. They have the potential but they're worth a bit less than what they've been priced at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Finding it all a bit boring this year so decided to wildcard and take a chance.

I've more points than I had at this stage last year so will risk it. Plenty of time to come back if it doesn't work out.

Giroud and Suarez in is a huge gamble but sure what the hell.

RVP and Tevez are gone. I can't see either being back in my team anytime soon either.

Cazorla makes his way in for Fellaini as well.

Gibbs would be in if he wasn't injured so Baines gets the nod.

Team for this GW now:

Jussi
    Hughes Baines Rafael
    Michu Pienaar Cazorla Hazard
    Giroud Suarez (c) Fletcher

Jussi, Sterling, Cuellar, Clark
    3.6 mil in the bank for Michu to disappear after this Gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any ideas on how I could improve the below with 2 free transfers and no money left in the bank? Thanks.

235526fb4c8fbeb7620cbfde296bfc0c.png?1350726249

Paully D wrote: »
    Any ideas on how I could improve the below with 2 free transfers and no money left in the bank? Thanks.

235526fb4c8fbeb7620cbfde296bfc0c.png?1350726249

Yaya out for Nolan.
    Tevez out for Suarez or Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Paully D wrote: »

Kakaniclic for Sterling, Nolan for Yaya, leaving you 1.6m to upgrade a defender next week.

• Advertisement

Yaya out for Nolan.
    Tevez out for Suarez or Torres.

Suggestion: Suarez seems like a good choice but I'm leaning towards Torres right now. I've got the latter in my team.

roryc wrote: »

Kakaniclic for Sterling, Nolan for Yaya, leaving you 1.6m to upgrade a defender next week.

PaulyD has two expensive defenders and three cheapies who are very good for rotation.

I can't see why money would need to be freed up to upgrade that defence. I've just wildcarded to the same defence except I've Clark and not Demel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

7 Mins to go.

Jussi

Jenkinson---Haangelaand---McCauley

Carzola---Kagawa--Michu (vc)---Pienaar

Ba---Fletcher
    RVP (C)

Subs: Gervihno--Nelson--Clark---Foster.

Go with it or make last minute changes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cheers lads. I've gone for Nolan in for Yaya this week anyway and will wait until next week before doing anything else. Cue a Yaya hat-trick now while Nolan gets sent off :pac:

zerks wrote: »
    7 Mins to go.

Jussi

Jenkinson---Haangelaand---McCauley

Carzola---Kagawa--Michu (vc)---Pienaar

Ba---Fletcher
    RVP (C)

Subs: Gervihno--Nelson--Clark---Foster.

Go with it or make last minute changes?

I'd play Gervinho ahead of the 60 minute wonder Kagawa.

Too late,the joys of having kids.Missed the deadline by 2 mins.

May stick with what I have now.

zerks wrote: »

Too late,the joys of having kids.Missed the deadline by 2 mins.

May stick with what I have now.

They should be waking ya with plenty of time!

My lad has me awake since 7. Hence getting bored and playing my wildcard!

They should be waking ya with plenty of time!

My lad has me awake since 7. Hence getting bored and playing my wildcard!

Up since 8 & went out to finish varnishing my garden benches,only noticed the time & logged in.Maybe today is the day Kagawa gets me a monster score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭basillarkin

no bale

• Advertisement

Gervihno comes in as Kagawa didn't play,just copped that I put Ryan Nelsen on instead of McCauley who just got a single point so maybe I got a lucky break,I'll find out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭arbitrage

I have 2 FT this week so its a case of use it or lose it so I might change one of the fringe players.

Any ideas?

teamcp.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Any ideas for my team. I have 2 FTs and 0.9 in the bank.

I'll probably get rid of Nolan next week. Gonna keep Pienaar.

Thinking of shipping Lambert and maybe Clark.

Anyone have any other ideas?

d5b90f285860b7e4dc07002e4796c1b0.png?1350861977

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Any ideas for my team. I have 2 FTs and 0.9 in the bank.

I'll probably get rid of Nolan next week. Gonna keep Pienaar.

Thinking of shipping Lambert and maybe Clark.

Anyone have any other ideas?

d5b90f285860b7e4dc07002e4796c1b0.png?1350861977
    Maybe have a look at Jenkinson. His place in the team will be under threat soon from Sagna. He played 90 mins midweek for the reserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

here my team jasskel begovic
    hangland mcauley baines demal barnett
    dyer hazard nolan santi cazorla ahmadi
    van persie ba jelavic ive two transfers thinking of changing dyer and vp for torres and bale 1.1 in the bank what do yas think good idea bad idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gaving

Any ideas for my team.

I have .1 in the bank have transferred mata and wilson in for gervinho and williams this week.

Thinking of transferring routledge next week but not sure who for. going to give hazard another week or two before i decide what to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Just cant seem to break 50 or 60 for a week... I've been very consistent, no real disaster weeks, but no real fantastic weeks either, I'm about 70pts behind my main paid league leader, and looking for some advice, do I need to make changes or leave well enough alone..?

a0eKo.jpg

stephen_k wrote: »
    Just cant seem to break 50 or 60 for a week... I've been very consistent, no real disaster weeks, but no real fantastic weeks either, I'm about 70pts behind my main paid league leader, and looking for some advice, do I need to make changes or leave well enough alone..?

Hazard to Mata will give you some cash to improve on Fonte and Kacaniclic.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

Hi lads, still last in the boards.ie league.... :rolleyes: very poor weekend again. Any suggestions for next weekend would be appreciated...

25jk0gy.jpg

Hazard to Mata will give you some cash to improve on Fonte and Kacaniclic.

Yep, considered that... Just that I missed having Hazard early on, and am really wary of getting rid, just my luck that he'll score a hatrick the week I sell him... Fonte and Kacaniclic are bench fodder, but I was tempted by Coleman... He's played 90min for the last 4 games, and with Fellani and Pienaar out, could be a better option than Kacaniclic for a "cheap" midfielder??

Yep, considered that... Just that I missed having Hazard early on, and am really wary of getting rid, just my luck that he'll score a hatrick the week I sell him... Fonte and Kacaniclic are bench fodder, but I was tempted by Coleman... He's played 90min for the last 4 games, and with Fellani and Pienaar out, could be a better option than Kacaniclic for a "cheap" midfielder??

I'm thinking Nolan(Not the ideal choice after the next Gameweek)/Walters/Morrison/Lallana. They're above-average midfield choices who're capable of decent gameweek scores. Also, I'd try to get Cazorla in.
    Get either of Demel/Clark out of your defense. A Sunderland/StokeCity fullback would serve you better - They have decent fixtures coming up.

• Advertisement

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    I'm thinking Nolan(Not the ideal choice after the next Gameweek)/Walters/Morrison/Lallana. They're above-average midfield choices who're capable of decent gameweek scores. Also, I'd try to get Cazorla in.
    Get those two(or atleast one) WHU players out of your defense. A Sunderland/StokeCity defender would serve you better - They have decent fixtures coming up.

Already have Cazorla, looked at Nolan, but after next week, as you pointed out the next 10 weeks are a rough... Not sold on Walters... I take you point on the defenders though... will look at that...

Get Sterling in for Kacaniclic. You shouldn't have more than 1 player you consider bench fodder, they will be needed more often than you think.

Get Sterling in for Kacaniclic. You shouldn't have more than 1 player you consider bench fodder, they will be needed more often than you think.

Yeah... Looked at Sterling, but next 3 for Pool are Everton (A), Newcastle (H) and Chelsea (A)... To be honest don't like that too much...

Yeah... Looked at Sterling, but next 3 for Pool are Everton (A), Newcastle (H) and Chelsea (A)... To be honest don't like that too much...

Have a look at Cabaye, if you have enough funds.

28 Oct 15:00 Gameweek 9 West Brom (H)
    04 Nov 16:00 Gameweek 10 Liverpool (A)
    11 Nov 15:00 Gameweek 11 West Ham (H)

17 Nov 15:00 Gameweek 12 Swansea (H)
    25 Nov 15:00 Gameweek 13 Southampton (A)
    28 Nov 19:45 Gameweek 14 Stoke City (A)
    03 Dec 20:00 Gameweek 15 Wigan (H)
    10 Dec 20:00 Gameweek 16 Fulham (A)
    15 Dec 12:45 Gameweek 17 Man City (H)
    22 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 18 QPR (H)
    26 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 19 Man Utd (A)
    29 Dec 17:30 Gameweek 20 Arsenal (A)
    02 Jan 20:00 Gameweek 21 Everton (H)

12 Jan 15:00 Gameweek 22 Norwich (A)
    19 Jan 15:00 Gameweek 23 Reading (H)

I'm planning on getting him in 2 gameweeks or so.

Everton will be a big game, they will be fired up for it. Newcastle at home isn't that bad a fixture, and Chelsea have been conceding.

Not easy games but then what are! I've managed to bench Sterling in both games he got points this season so think I might give him a decent run out for the next few weeks.

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    Have a look at Cabaye, if you have enough funds.

28 Oct 15:00 Gameweek 9 West Brom (H)
    04 Nov 16:00 Gameweek 10 Liverpool (A)
    11 Nov 15:00 Gameweek 11 West Ham (H)

17 Nov 15:00 Gameweek 12 Swansea (H)
    25 Nov 15:00 Gameweek 13 Southampton (A)
    28 Nov 19:45 Gameweek 14 Stoke City (A)
    03 Dec 20:00 Gameweek 15 Wigan (H)
    10 Dec 20:00 Gameweek 16 Fulham (A)
    15 Dec 12:45 Gameweek 17 Man City (H)
    22 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 18 QPR (H)
    26 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 19 Man Utd (A)
    29 Dec 17:30 Gameweek 20 Arsenal (A)
    02 Jan 20:00 Gameweek 21 Everton (H)

12 Jan 15:00 Gameweek 22 Norwich (A)
    19 Jan 15:00 Gameweek 23 Reading (H)

I'm planning on getting him in 2 gameweeks or so.

I don't have the funds (if I downgrade Hazard to Mata and sell Kac) I could if I keep Kac and sell Pienaar... Not sure I want to though... F*ck it, this game is infuriating!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone want to give me a critique of my team at the minute? Feel like my strike force needs to beefed up but maybe my defence is more of a priority at the moment?

Have been doing decently but definitely need to start working harder at it, any help would be appreciated.

49879740.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Any opinions on this

R1N3E.png

2x FT & 1.6M in bank .

Have to get rid of Jenkinson soon not sure about this week though .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

opinions for the future please? :P

0a6bcf2a2d0f30747744b2e23f241d88.png

darego wrote: »
    opinions for the future please? :P

0a6bcf2a2d0f30747744b2e23f241d88.png

You seem to be too late to do Kacaniclic to Sterling, but this is the only area I would change.

It's a strong team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

yup missed that boat 2 weeks ago unfortunately

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Right, I'm teetering on wildcarding this team given the few injuries, rotation risks and money sinks (Britton and Federici).

[IMG][/img]fpl9_zps40281a48.png

On the other side of the coin, I have alot of the players I want for the next few gameweeks.

Anyone want to perform some minor surgery? No problem with the odd point hit.

FutureGuy wrote: »

On the other side of the coin, I have alot of the players I want for the next few gameweeks.

No chance I would Wildcard that team.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Right, I'm teetering on wildcarding this team given the few injuries, rotation risks and money sinks (Britton and Federici).

All you need to change is Jenkinson (not urgently) and your entire bench! I wouldn't fancy wildcarding just for that! Your first team is pretty good, especially your front 8. You could tinker around with Lambert but otherwise, I don't think you need any changes. Don't wildcard.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anyone want to give me a critique of my team at the minute? Feel like my strike force needs to beefed up but maybe my defence is more of a priority at the moment?

Have been doing decently but definitely need to start working harder at it, any help would be appreciated.

49879740.png

Anybody? I've two transfers and a bit of cash to play with, somebody take a stab!

Anybody? I've two transfers and a bit of cash to play with, somebody take a stab!

Gibbs to Riise IMO, You could transfer out Pog too but that's your call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Federici to Begovic. Stoke have good fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Federici to Begovic before tonight as his price will rise.

Gibbs to a 4.5 Defender - Hughes, Wilson, Cuellar, Wisdom. The Arsenal early season clean sheets are gone.

Hazard to Mata to free up funds as it looks like you bought Hazard for 10.2 and that is alot tied up with him.

Should have plenty funds to replace Pog then.

Federici to Begovic and Hazard to Mata this week and then Gibbs out next week as Arsenal have bottom of the league QPR at home this week and it would save you a points hit.

Just realised Gibbs has an injury and might not play but then again he could play. Listen out for Wengers press conference on friday for news on him.

Thanks for the advice lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Team

Bego (Foster)

Baines Hughes Demel (O shea, Rafael)

Barfa Nolan Bale Cazorla (Guthrie)

RVP (C) Jelly Fletcher

0.0m in the bank. No transfers.

Any thoughts on improving this team from next week on.

Nolan to Morrison or Walters?

Advertisement