Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

McAuley home to Chelsea
    or
    Riise home to sunderland?

ALSO

Michu away to Newcstle
    or
    Sterling home to Wigan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

RB100 wrote: »
    McAuley home to Chelsea
    or

ALSO

Michu away to Newcstle
    or
    Sterling home to Wigan?

Riise and Michu

Riise and Michu

Liverpool seem to struggle against Wigan dont they?
    but it doesnt matter who i play cus whoever is the the bench will score..always happens

Liverpool seem to struggle against Wigan dont they?
    but it doesnt matter who i play cus whoever is the the bench will score..always happens

As a Liverpool fan i would still reckon Michu has a better chance of scoring higher, Sterling is inconsistent in FF terms and if Michu is indeed to be playing back in the hole this week as others have said i reckon he could do well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Riise and Michu

This.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

McAuley home to Chelsea
    or

ALSO

Michu away to Newcstle
    or
    Sterling home to Wigan?

Riise and Michu.

Riise and Michu it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Need a good week. This is how I'm shaping up right now.

Jussi

Baines
    Hangeland
    Demel

Valencia
    Nolan
    Silva
    Bale

Suarez
    Ba
    Jelavic

Walters, McAuley, Gorkss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'd be inclined to go for Sterling based on his performance last week and the fact that he has a much easier match this week, he is practically playing as a striker now, I have a feeling Michu may not have as much luck as he had earlier on but there is no logic behind that. On the basis that Liverpool are a better team than Swansea I would go for Sterling, someone has to set up the goals for Suarez and Gerrard hasn't been great for Liverpool recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Decision to make on who to start in defence & misfield this week. Playing 3-4-3:

Begovic

Baines Ridgewell McCartney

Fellaini Michu Morrison Carzola

RVP Suarez Berb

Subs: Cuellar, Wilkinson, Piennar

Not playing Wilkinson as don't want over exposure to Stoke defence away from home. Think Mc Cartney over Cuellar as West Ham solid enough at home. Not sure between Pienarr & Morrision, fancy WBA to score v Chelsea, and don't want to be over exposed to Everton although fancy them to be amongst the goals as well. Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Del007

2 strikers from Ba, Berbatov and Suarez.

Suarez is def is so it's really between Berbatov and Ba. Tevez is my other striker

• Registered Users Posts: 11 coorou

Fizman wrote: »
    Need a good week. This is how I'm shaping up right now.

Jussi

Baines
    Hangeland
    Demel

Valencia
    Nolan
    Silva
    Bale

Suarez
    Ba
    Jelavic

Walters, McAuley, Gorkss

Will Demel start?

coorou wrote: »
    Will Demel start?

Very hard to say, I've seen possible lineups with Demel/McCartney, Demel/O'Brien, and McCartney/O'Brien. I'm interested myself because I would like to use McCartney for the first time ever this week but will probably not run the risk of him getting the last 10 minutes. I would be very careful with that 3 this week, I'd say at least 1 will be a late sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

This is what I'm running with this week hoping the Capt choice pays off can't get it right at all this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 coorou

Very hard to say, I've seen possible lineups with Demel/McCartney, Demel/O'Brien, and McCartney/O'Brien. I'm interested myself because I would like to use McCartney for the first time ever this week but will probably not run the risk of him getting the last 10 minutes. I would be very careful with that 3 this week, I'd say at least 1 will be a late sub.

Yeah I'm thinking the same, have to make a decision on either Jussi or Begovic, or just hope Demel plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Jaasklenine
    ivanovic-enqirue-huth-baines
    sterling-nolan-fellini-kakainillic
    rvp-suarez

what do people think

rvp or suarez as captain ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Del007

I wouldn't captain Van Persie as I wouldn't be 100% confident that he'll start. I can see Ferguson going with Hernandez and Welbeck up front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Jaasklenine
    ivanovic-enqirue-huth-baines
    sterling-nolan-fellini-kakainillic
    rvp-suarez

what do people think

rvp or suarez as captain ?

One word to describe your back four: Overkill.

IMO, RVP (c), Suarez(VC) --- or so it remains till the teamsheets show up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    One word to describe your back four: Overkill.

IMO, RVP (c), Suarez(VC) --- or so it remains till the teamsheets show up

what way overkill who would u put in

• Advertisement

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    what way overkill who would u put in

I wouldn't invest that much in Defenders during a season where teams are conceding like crazy. Your choices in Huth, Baines and Enrique are justified but you should get Ivanovic out, get a 4.5 ~ 5.0 defender instead and invest the remaining money in upgrading kacaniklic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Don't think I'll make any changes this week.

Teams worth £108.3m with £0.2m in the bank. All my defenders are at home, and the only dilemma I have is Nolan/Sterling.

pltu8.jpg

Might save up both transfers for next week and ship out McAuley and Clark. Captaincy will be staying on RVP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I especially like how that team has become more and more like mine over the past few weeks.

With a current GW score of 26 and my hopes resting on 3 West Ham players i clearly need some help with my team!

Considering the exciting move of McCartney to Cameron this week, think ill hold onto Fellaini for the time being.

Does anyone want to point out where i may be going wrong as i havn't made progress in weeks really and have plummeted this week!

capturehrl.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I especially like how that team has become more and more like mine over the past few weeks.

Yep. You've brought in Rafael, Sterling and Mata over the last few weeks, I've brought in Berbatov and Baines. It's not that surprising our teams are similar.

With a current GW score of 26 and my hopes resting on 3 West Ham players i clearly need some help with my team!

Considering the exciting move of McCartney to Cameron this week, think ill hold onto Fellaini for the time being.

Does anyone want to point out where i may be going wrong as i havn't made progress in weeks really and have plummeted this week!

capturehrl.png

It's just bad luck, that is a very strong FF team, Van Persie will score plenty, Berbatov played brilliantly in a 10 man team, Mata only had 20 minutes, Bale was in a 10 man team also and still could have scored more than he did, Fellaini just can't score in every match but will continue to rack up points.
    No major surgery required there.

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »

Yep. You've brought in Rafael, Sterling and Mata over the last few weeks, I've brought in Berbatov and Baines. It's not that surprising our teams are similar.

I thought you had put S.M.B on ignore.

Need a good defender under 5.1

Who has a greater goalthreat from amongst Ridgewell & Olsson?
    Any more suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Any more suggestions?

ive had ridgewell for awhile and i think his only returns have been cs but in fairness hes got a few them

Any more suggestions?

Who do you have? Ridgewell I would of thought from those two.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Who do you have? Ridgewell I would of thought from those two.

Rafael, Cuellar, McCartney, Gorkks and searching for a fifth. I play a 3 man back line, always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Rafael, Cuellar, McCartney, Gorkks and searching for a fifth. I play a 3 man back line, always.

mabe cameron of stoke or even shawcross if hes still at 5.1

Eldoco wrote: »

I'd agree with the above.

Caulker or Baird would provide long term value for under 5m, potential for goals in both of them.

Eldoco wrote: »
    Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd agree with the above.

I already have Begovic, don't want to double up on Stoke defense.
    I think Foster being back next gameweek could prove potentially beneficial to their defensive back four as a whole. Hence, scouting a WBA defender with goals. In this case, Ridgewell.

Caulker surely.

Caulker or Baird would provide long term value for under 5m, potential for goals in both of them.

Not quite sure about Caulker. The man was dropped for the previous game even though he was in form.

Baird, I don't really know.. Fulham aren't really profilic on the road and concede a lot. I'd prefer to stay off Fulham defenders unless it's Riise or Hangeland but sadly, the former is wayy above my budget and the latter has a three game suspension.

Not quite sure about Caulker. The man was dropped for the previous game even though he was in form.

Baird, I don't really know.. Fulham aren't really profilic on the road and concede a lot. I'd prefer to stay off Fulham defenders unless it's Riise or Hangeland but sadly, the former is wayy above my budget and the latter has a three game suspension.

Caulker was injured on saturday, he definitely would have played,
    Baird is playing in midfield for Fulham and has scored a couple of goals, putting himself into good positions etc.

McCartney is the most inexpensive fullback in the WHU defense capable of chipping in with the odd assist. For me, he was a bargain at 3.9 and returned some fabulous points in weeks (most of which were sitting on the bench because I opted to play an overpriced and better-fixtured Baines ahead of him for 6 gameweeks) when other defenders were conceding a lot of goals.

He's your best bet if you don't have Jääskeläinen who seems to be in good form.

Ah well, you are planning on Cameron who has better clean sheet prospects to I guess I can't talk you out of it - But what I can do is to ask you to reconsider.

McCartney is the most inexpensive fullback in the WHU defense capable of chipping in with the odd assist. For me, he was a bargain at 3.9 and returned some fabulous points (most of which were sitting on the bench because I opted to play an overpriced and better-fixtured Baines ahead of him for 7 gameweeks)

He's your best bet if you don't have Jääskeläinen who seems to be in good form.

Ah well, you are planning on Cameron who has better clean sheet prospects to I guess I can't talk you out of it - But what I can do is to ask you to reconsider.

Im quite happy with McCartney ive had him from the start and bar the time he was out with injury has been a bargain, the problem is i brought Nolan in a few weeks back and have now got 3 West Ham players as i have Jääskeläinen too!

I might actually look at bringing Ruddy in for Jussi instead which would free up a bit of cash instead of doubling up on Stoke defense and spending money!?

Demel's return to fitness puts McCartney's place under threat as well doesn't it?

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Demel's return to fitness puts McCartney's place under threat as well doesn't it?

Unless Demel plays Leftback (which I doubt he does), I don't see why he would be a threat. Demel's a rightback/center-half.

Im quite happy with McCartney ive had him from the start and bar the time he was out with injury has been a bargain, the problem is i brought Nolan in a few weeks back and have now got 3 West Ham players as i have Jääskeläinen too!

I might actually look at bringing Ruddy in for Jussi instead which would free up a bit of cash instead of doubling up on Stoke defense and spending money!?

Gutsy move though there is some logic in that. I did that 2 gameweeks back. He rotates well with Begovic (Home/Away) and that's what tempted me.

Unless Demel plays Leftback (which I doubt he does), I don't see why he would be a threat. Demel's a rightback/center-half.

We'll know more around 8 O clock tonight, any 2 of Demel, McCartney and O'Brien will play in the 2 full back positions, personally I'm hoping that big Sam sticks with McCartney but my natural pessimism is telling me that he won't

We'll know more around 8 O clock tonight, any 2 of Demel, McCartney and O'Brien will play in the 2 full back positions, personally I'm hoping that big Sam sticks with McCartney but my natural pessimism is telling me that he won't

I think he might drop O'Brien

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

My current team:

Begovic | Jaaskelainen

Clark | Demel | Simpson | Ridgewell | Cameron

Mata| Michu | Piennar | Nolan | Kacaliknic

Van Persie | Berba | Ba

I think my team needs alot of work, especially in Midfield.

Currently Im thinking of Pienner OUT/BYBYE/SO LONG. Im thinking of getting Silva and also temped to get Walcott??

I know I need to get rid of Kacaliknic but will look at doing this for a Sunderland or Reading player for GW16

Any other suggestion greatly appreciated. Had a terrible gameweek so feel I need the advise.

I think he might drop O'Brien

I'm sure what you meant to say was "I HOPE he will drop O'Brien". I'm in the same boat, if McCartney doesn't play I'll only score 2 defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Any more suggestions?

Garrido 4.5mil

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Garrido 4.5mil

Already have Ruddy, mate. Don't want to double up on Norwich defense. Thanks for the suggestion though. He's a good attacking fullback, might bring him in later on but Norwich just don't seem to score enough goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Already have Ruddy, mate. Don't want to double up on Norwich defense. Thanks for the suggestion though. He's a good attacking fullback, might bring him in later on but Norwich just don't seem to score enough goals.

he's only got 1 assist but 5 CS all of which were at home

what about a southampton defender, although they've no CS, 4/5 next games are at home, worth the risk?

Gameweek 13 Newcastle (H)
    28 Nov 19:45 Gameweek 14 Norwich (H)
    01 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 15 Liverpool (A)
    08 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 16 Reading (H)
    - Gameweek 17 -
    22 Dec 15:00 Gameweek 18 Sunderland (H)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Want2know wrote: »
    My current team:

Begovic | Jaaskelainen

Clark | Demel | Simpson | Ridgewell | Cameron

Mata| Michu | Piennar | Nolan | Kacaliknic

Van Persie | Berba | Ba

I think my team needs alot of work, especially in Midfield.

Currently Im thinking of Pienner OUT/BYBYE/SO LONG. Im thinking of getting Silva and also temped to get Walcott??

I know I need to get rid of Kacaliknic but will look at doing this for a Sunderland or Reading player for GW16

Any other suggestion greatly appreciated. Had a terrible gameweek so feel I need the advise.

tell us how much you have in the bank, and how many free transfers you have

Advertisement