Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Ace0x9

I'm sure what you meant to say was "I HOPE he will drop O'Brien". I'm in the same boat, if McCartney doesn't play I'll only score 2 defenders.

Cheers! McCartney starts!

batistuta9 wrote: »
    he's only got 1 assist but 5 CS all of which were at home

what about a southampton defender, although they've no CS, 4/5 next games are at home, worth the risk?

Saints' have a non existent defense. I wouldn't want to go anywhere close to that back four if I were to pick a defender. They concede wayy too easily. I've got a workaround to my situation, though. Posted on another thread with a few alternative options. Might upgrade a midfielder to Pablo Hernandez and then go for a 4.5 defender ["Gameweek13 Transfers" thread]

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

manual_man wrote: »
    tell us how much you have in the bank, and how many free transfers you have

I've 6M in the bank with 1 free transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Have had 4 sub 50 weeks in a row and fallen from 12k overall to 70k. Should i play my wildcard? Only 1m in the bank [IMG][/img]ffnov19.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Want2know wrote: »

I've 6M in the bank with 1 free transfer.

Maybe Kacaniklic to Silva, or Walcott? Defense can probably to with a bit of strengthening too (i suggest Enrique), but that can probly wait unless you want to take a points hit with a 2nd transfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Current Squad

7e87e2c732fbe207157559b460f20697.png?1353496466

Top heavy with Pool players but will make a decision regarding Sterling and Enrique this week,can't keep both long term as 3 Pool players too much maybe.

Looking to sell Krul for Ruddy to get me back .8 and then sell Walters for Johnson in time for the DGW.
    I would love to have have Fletcher for it but not sure if i want to sell Suarez so soon.
    Enrique and Suarez only came in this week.

My bank is empty but any suggestions welcome.........

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Have had 4 sub 50 weeks in a row and fallen from 12k overall to 70k. Should i play my wildcard? Only 1m in the bank

Wildcard not needed IMO. You don't need to make wholesale changes. Just 3-4 players. [Then again, your transfers aren't needed urgently -- You can get through without wildcarding. Just space your transfers out over a few gameweeks.]

Players you might want to get rid of in the upcoming gameweeks: Peinaar, Jelavic (depending on his form) and maybe Hangeland (if you can't rotate him). I might also suggest Olsson but Foster seems like he's on the verge of recovery so I'd advise not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Thoughts on my team?

I'm between several minds about what transfer to make.

I was originally planning Cole -> Caulker this week but the emergence of Enrique, the return to fitness of Gibbs and Clichy's recent form have all caused me to reconsider. I could ship McAuley first either as his price looks more likely to drop than Cole's.

I'm not too happy about having two WHU defenders either.

In midfield I was very tempted to ship Fellaini for Adam Johnson this week to take advantage of the fact that Sunderland have such good fixtures coming up. Will probably be saving a bit of cash through my defensive transfers in the next few weeks so should be able to get him back in after the DGW, particularly if his value drops as it looks set to.

Up front again with a view to Sunderland's upcoming fixture list I'd be tempted to move Berbatov or Ba out in favour of Fletcher. If I do this I probably wouldn't do the Adam Johnson switch and vice versa.

This is all without really considering any Reading players, maybe I should be giving them more serious consideration?

Any thoughts on which way I should go?

229667.png

@keane i would hold on to mcauley (solid player, pretty good fixtures between now and the new year). i think cole->enrique would be your best bet. chelsea in trouble, tough fixture this week, blank gameweek coming up. many reasons. your midfield looks solid. a possible transfer next week might be berba->fletch. overall though your team doesn't need too much work - just ship cole for enrique, and bank the difference

@keane i would hold on to mcauley (solid player, pretty good fixtures between now and the new year).
    And Foster will supposedly be back next gameweek. That should help his cause.

• Advertisement

Ace0x9 wrote: »
    And Foster will supposedly be back next gameweek. That should help his cause.

They've been very solid, especially at home. I'll be getting in a WBA defender myself soon

They've been very solid, especially at home. I'll be getting in a WBA defender myself soon

I know! Had him (Foster) from the start of the season right up till the 7th or 8th gameweek' (can't recall) when I dropped him for Begovic. Currently, I don't have a WBA defender but looking to get one in all the same.

[Then again, I also have to get Gibbs in, aargh! Should Rafael be rotated in the upcoming gameweeks, my defender choices (As to who to bring in) will become much clearer (and easier)]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Thoughts on my team?

I'm between several minds about what transfer to make.

I was originally planning Cole -> Caulker this week but the emergence of Enrique, the return to fitness of Gibbs and Clichy's recent form have all caused me to reconsider. I could ship McAuley first either as his price looks more likely to drop than Cole's.

I'm not too happy about having two WHU defenders either.

In midfield I was very tempted to ship Fellaini for Adam Johnson this week to take advantage of the fact that Sunderland have such good fixtures coming up. Will probably be saving a bit of cash through my defensive transfers in the next few weeks so should be able to get him back in after the DGW, particularly if his value drops as it looks set to.

Up front again with a view to Sunderland's upcoming fixture list I'd be tempted to move Berbatov or Ba out in favour of Fletcher. If I do this I probably wouldn't do the Adam Johnson switch and vice versa.

This is all without really considering any Reading players, maybe I should be giving them more serious consideration?

Any thoughts on which way I should go?
    Team needs more QPR players if you ask me.

I would wait another week for Sunderland to show their actual attacking intent versus 11 players before bringing in Adam Johnson. Fletcher may or may not outscore Berbs over the coming weeks. It's a tough one.

I'd basically sit on your free transfer for the weekend if I was you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

S.M.B. wrote: »

I would wait another week for Sunderland to show their actual attacking intent versus 11 players before bringing in Adam Johnson. Fletcher may or may not outscore Berbs over the coming weeks. It's a tough one.

No love for defensive adjustments?

keane2097 wrote: »
    No love for defensive adjustments?
    See this is it, they're just adjustments. I think you can field a decent backline this weekend. Looking to ship out McAuley is a move that lots are looking at which I don't get.

Getting Enrique in before his price rise is an option but I'm still not 100% that he's guaranteed his place even though I made the move myself.

Keeping a transfer for next week allows you to reassess the sunderland situation, reassess how much berbatov can do with fulhams injury problems, reassess enrqiues likelihood to nail down that position, reassess jack wilshires impact on cazorlas ff prospects and then have the luxury of a double transfer to react to what ever happens.

If money is a concern then a Cole to Enrique move would tempt me the most if he's guaranteed to go up tomorrow night.

I'm going to go low-key on defense after this (or maybe the next) gameweek

My new back three till January will be:
    Ridgewell - Gibbs - Cuellar

[May/may not take Rafael out but if I do, it will be based on GW13's performance -- I'll replace him with Gibbs and bring in Ridgewell for Cameron too]
    I already have Begovic and Ruddy
    Not looking to double up on any team's defense.

Thoughts, views, opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Just to clarify that Mark Hughes is sacked so I wouldn't plan on bringing in any QPR players at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Just to clarify that Mark Hughes is sacked so I wouldn't plan on bringing in any QPR players at the moment.
    I would be thinking he was being sarcastic...

Steel Dog wrote: »
    I would be thinking he was being sarcastic...
    Ah... fair enough then :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

My team needs serious surgery, I got roasted with injuries and price drops after taking my eye off the ball. I have 2.7m in the bank and no wildcard. I normally play a 3-4-3 formation. Got a few good tips in the midfielders thread. Any more, taking of taking a points hit to get it sorted.

Jussi, Tremmel
    McCartney, Olsson, Cole, Riise, Barnet
    Nolan, Michu, Fellani, Obertan, Mikel,
    RVP, Tevez, Ba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

kilburn wrote: »
    My team needs serious surgery, I got roasted with injuries and price drops after taking my eye off the ball. I have 2.7m in the bank and no wildcard. I normally play a 3-4-3 formation. Got a few good tips in the midfielders thread. Any more, taking of taking a points hit to get it sorted.

Jussi, Tremmel
    McCartney, Olsson, Cole, Riise, Barnet
    Nolan, Michu, Fellani, Obertan, Mikel,
    RVP, Tevez, Ba

Obertan & Mikel:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

zerks wrote: »
    Obertan & Mikel:eek::eek:

i know :o

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Ruddy/Jaaskelianen
    McAuley/Hangeland/Cameron/Enrique/Cuellar
    Kightly/Noble/Cazorla/Valencia/Pienaar
    Berbatov/RVP/Tevez

Wildcard time???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Opinion of this

Jaaskalinen
    Begovic

Enrique
    McCartney
    Culler
    Caarido
    Nelson

Mata
    Silva
    Nolan
    Fellani
    Gera

Rvp
    Suarez
    Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Opinion of this

Jaaskalinen
    Begovic

Enrique
    McCartney
    Culler
    Caarido
    Nelson

Mata
    Silva
    Nolan
    Fellani
    Gera

Rvp
    Suarez
    Aguero

Very good team IMO. You have Mata, Silva, Fellaini and the 3 best forwards in the game IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Opinion of this

Jaaskalinen
    Begovic

Enrique
    McCartney
    Culler
    Caarido
    Nelson

Mata
    Silva
    Nolan
    Fellani
    Gera

Rvp
    Suarez
    Aguero

Good team, you don't have much potential for goals/bonus points in defence though, possibly excepting Enrique but we don't know yet.
    Nolan has a shocking run of fixtures coming up.
    Only my opinion but I also think you could get better value for the money you've spent on Silva.
    Your strikers couldn't be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Thats one of the best sides I've seen tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Good team, you don't have much potential for goals/bonus points in defence though, possibly excepting Enrique but we don't know yet.
    Nolan has a shocking run of fixtures coming up.
    Only my opinion but I also think you could get better value for the money you've spent on Silva.
    Your strikers couldn't be better.

Well I could keep baines and go for tevez instead of aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Current team:

Jussi, Bego
    Baines, McAuley, Cuellar, Caulker, Baird
    Hazard, Bale, Michu, Pienaar, Sterling
    RVP, Ba, Lambert

2FT’s and £1.1m in the bank.

Not happy with Hazard, Pienaar, Ba or Lambert.

All suggestions welcome..even for a hit!!

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    Current team:

Jussi, Bego
    Baines, McAuley, Cuellar, Caulker, Baird
    Hazard, Bale, Michu, Pienaar, Sterling
    RVP, Ba, Lambert

2FT’s and £1.1m in the bank.

Not happy with Hazard, Pienaar, Ba or Lambert.

All suggestions welcome..even for a hit!!

I'd consider Hazard -> Mata for Chelsea cover and Bale -> Silva.

[IMG][/img]ff25th.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Going with this if i play my wildcard. 7 changes made. Any opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

This is possibly the worst week of the year to wildcard.

Also there are a large number of odd choices in this team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Uploaded withImageShack.us

if you havent played it yet i wouldnt recommend it, id try hold off.

what does you team currently look like without wc

Too late i've played the wildcard. 5 poor weeks in a row left me with no choice.
    [IMG][/img]ff26.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us

At least now i have decent options on the bench. Hopefully break 50 for the first time in 6 weeks this week. Have fallen from 12k overall to 97k in 5 weeks

At least now i have decent options on the bench. Hopefully break 50 for the first time in 6 weeks this week. Have fallen from 12k overall to 97k in 5 weeks

Skrtel over Enrique? Definitely not a great time to wildcard...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

roryc wrote: »
    Skrtel over Enrique? Definitely not a great time to wildcard...

lallana is an expensive player to have sitting on the bench, if want southampton cover maybe go with puncheon, personally if going for arsenal cover id go with gibbs instead or per

Eldoco wrote: »
    lallana is an expensive player to have sitting on the bench, if want southampton cover maybe go with puncheon, personally if going for arsenal cover id go with gibbs instead or per

Spot on with Puncheon but I'd rather Mertesacker from Arsenal, he's practically guaranteed to start every week and he's always a scoring threat from set pieces.

For the third week running I'm confident my team will score well. Hopefully I won't slide down the rankings for the third week running :/

1zd7j3d.jpg

With 5 clean sheets in their last 8 Stoke have the strongest defence in the league. Hoping this continues against misfiring Newcastle on Wednesday. Enrique has to start based on current form, he's at least as much a goal threat as Rafael and Baines.

Michu and Mata both at home against teams that haven't got a good clean sheet record - West Brom (1 CS in last 8 against Southampton) and Fulham (1 CS in last 9 against Villa). There will be goals in these games, and hopefully these lads will be involved.

Up front, keeping the faith with RVP as captain. Hopefully Tevez either starts or doesn't play at all. Sick of these 1 point cameos that big players are having. And finally Fletcher needs to reverse my luck and perform for me! Got rid of him for Berbs just as Berbs finished his good run and Fletcher started scoring points. Couldn't have timed it worse if I tried! Hopefully I haven't done it again...

It's between Cameron and Sterling at the moment for the final slot in the team, although Clark also has a chance based on current form. The fact that Nolan is currently 3rd choice substitute must show the strength in depth we have in squads this season compared to last.

For the third week running I'm confident my team will score well. Hopefully I won't slide down the rankings for the third week running :/

1zd7j3d.jpg

With 5 clean sheets in their last 8 Stoke have the strongest defence in the league. Hoping this continues against misfiring Newcastle on Wednesday. Enrique has to start based on current form, he's at least as much a goal threat as Rafael and Baines.

Michu and Mata both at home against teams that haven't got a good clean sheet record - West Brom (1 CS in last 8 against Southampton) and Fulham (1 CS in last 9 against Villa). There will be goals in these games, and hopefully these lads will be involved.

Up front, keeping the faith with RVP as captain. Hopefully Tevez either starts or doesn't play at all. Sick of these 1 point cameos that big players are having. And finally Fletcher needs to reverse my luck and perform for me! Got rid of him for Berbs just as Berbs finished his good run and Fletcher started scoring points. Couldn't have timed it worse if I tried! Hopefully I haven't done it again...

It's between Cameron and Sterling at the moment for the final slot in the team, although Clark also has a chance based on current form. The fact that Nolan is currently 3rd choice substitute must show the strength in depth we have in squads this season compared to last.

I think the fact that Nolan is 3rd sub has more to do with the fact that he is away to Utd!
    I just got rid of him myself 5 minutes ago, brought in Puncheon who will probably rotate with Sterling as my 4th midfielder.

I think the fact that Nolan is 3rd sub has more to do with the fact that he is away to Utd!
    I just got rid of him myself 5 minutes ago, brought in Puncheon who will probably rotate with Sterling as my 4th midfielder.

I plan on bumping him up to Bale. Will probably have to downgrade either Baines or RVP to do it though...

• Advertisement

Screenshot_2012-11-26-16-40-50.png

looking for some opinions on this (already used my ft Ba out Fletcher in) i feel like my team needs a real overhaul might have to consider ditching Baines to get Suarez in for Lambert, would like Bale too just not enough transfers :( just looking for overall opinion of my team and where ye feel i can improve

1.1 in the bank

Hey! Stop jinxing your (and therefore my) team. I'm blaming my poor recent scoring on this type sh*t.

And we were so close to having the same starting XI but you had to go bring Fletcher back in for Berbatov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Hey! Stop jinxing your (and therefore my) team. I'm blaming my poor recent scoring on this type sh*t.

And we were so close to having the same starting XI but you had to go bring Fletcher back in for Berbatov.

what's your team for this week?

I'm guessing the same as my team except replace Fletcher with Berbs :)

Just double checked there and realised I forgot to bring Fellaini back in for Sterling. That could have been a disaster.

So yeah, that's my XI with Berbs for Fletcher and now Fellaini for Sterling. Sticking with the old reliables for one more week and if it doesn't work it could be time for dramatic changes.

Same captain/vice captain combo at the moment too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

After having 3 decent enough seasons in a row (+2,000 points per season), I'm having an absolute nightmare this year so far.

I have my starting XI and subs for Gameweek 14 below. I'm looking for some advice/opinions on who I should be trying to transfer in/transfer out in order to benefit my team long term (i.e. not just for the next Gameweek).

fplc.jpg

I've already played my wildcard ages ago (I usually wait until later in the season). I made 3 transfer before the start of this Gameweek: Defoe in for Berbatov, Ramirez in for Pienarr, Begovic in for Howard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Would appreciate some feedback on my team. Used my free transfers to get Suarez in. I was thinking of getting rid of Baines after the next gameweek. What areas can/should I improve?

oie_29202420qxk2_Vnh4.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

2 Cheap mids is not ideal i reckon,maybe upgrade 1 after you downgrade Baines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

dahat wrote: »
    2 Cheap mids is not ideal i reckon,maybe upgrade 1 after you downgrade Baines

Yeah, even though Puncheon has been delivering the goods recently I doubt he'll continue this form and more than likely will settle as a 2 point per game man. I don't think I can afford Silva with the downgrade of Baines unless I go for a really cheap defender.

jebforever wrote: »
    Yeah, even though Puncheon has been delivering the goods recently I doubt he'll continue this form and more than likely will settle as a 2 point per game man. I don't think I can afford Silva with the downgrade of Baines unless I go for a really cheap defender.

You might be right but I think Puncheon is a massive player for Southampton when they are going forward, he could well be a lot more than a 2 point average man, I'd say his true value could be a million over what he's at.

• Advertisement
Advertisement