Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sam1990

was doin great at the start up until 3 weeks ago (mostly because i didn't have fellaini and bale).

did mata > bale and pienaar > fellaini this week for a 4 pt hit. no idea what to do next week and after though

93ee4c0e1754695faa895071fb2bd48f.png?1354229053

need to get rid of tevez so maybe tevez > fletch next week for the double gw? but i don't think he's a good 3rd stiker option for the rest of the season. then get rid of kaca the week after. then sort simpson out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sam1990 wrote: »
    was doin great at the start up until 3 weeks ago (mostly because i didn't have fellaini and bale).

did mata > bale and pienaar > fellaini this week for a 4 pt hit. no idea what to do next week and after though

93ee4c0e1754695faa895071fb2bd48f.png?1354229053

need to get rid of tevez so maybe tevez > fletch next week for the double gw? but i don't think he's a good 3rd stiker option for the rest of the season. then get rid of kaca the week after. then sort simpson out

your team looks pretty good. maybe a little light in defense... upcoming transfers you could think Foster->Green and Cazorla->Walcott free up some cash for a more expensive defender (Simpson->Enrique/Nastasic, something like that)

cheers. is green guaranteed his starting place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

cheers. is green guaranteed his starting place?

Not by a long shot. Cesar came off with a strain a few days ago and is 50% to play the weekend. When he is fit, he will play. Bunn of Norwich might be a better (and cheaper) option.

what do you think of michu > hernandez to get nastasic in? will also do kaca > puncheon sometime

e5caafbc3a292a8b28ff02e3773a52d6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

what do you think of michu > hernandez to get nastasic in? will also do kaca > puncheon sometime

e5caafbc3a292a8b28ff02e3773a52d6.png

Are you taking a points hit to do that? Really depends on who you are replacing in defence? And if a points hit, then you would at least need City to keep a clean sheet to cover the cost....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Any reason why my transfer shouldn't be McAuley -> Enrique today?

230838.png

Would appreciate feedback on my team & thinking.

Begovic / Rudd

Enrique / Wilkinson / Mc Carthney / Cuellar / Ridgewell

Silva / Santi / Michu / Morrison (WBA) / Fellani

RVP / Suarez / Benteke

1 FT this week, and 0.1 in bank.

Would of liked to get Bale in but couldn't afford him without taking a hit, so will leave that for now. Would like to improve my defence, and need a 2nd keeper. Was thinking Morrison > Puncheon to free up some cash - would leave me with £1.7m. Then maybe Wilkinson > Nastastic / Azpilicueta, followed by Rudd > ????. Also under consideration is Santi > Walcott and/or Michu > Hernandez, but that is down the line when I need cash to upgrade Benteke. Unless Puncheon's price rises tonight, happy to make that switch next GW.

Rudd will drop in price tonight, and Tremell (Swansea) will rise, so could make that switch today either, but probably too short-term (would probably only play Tremell over Begovic @ home v Norwich).

Thoughts?

keane2097 wrote: »

230838.png

Strugging to think of one....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

It will certainly improve your team but I wouldn't be too gone on your attack, saying that I assume you have Fletcher in early for the dgw.
    Cole is probably going to be worth the money for now, if I was you I would look at downgrading Santi to bulk up your attack for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 atika

i really think that fantasy football is about luck, and little knowings... it doesnt matter if you follow it regularly or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

atika wrote: »
    i really think that fantasy football is about luck, and little knowings... it doesnt matter if you follow it regularly or not...

Really then tell me 3 animals that do small ****s and ill prove it to you that it isnt??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

atika wrote: »

Not all about luck, just some. Just like poker.

Skill will get you into top 10,000 but think a fair bit of luck is needed to get you into the top 100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Thinking of making my team look like this in the coming weeks (no point hits just wildcards)

http://gyazo.com/8b377af582f5df05b6b2adcf305329a5

Thinking of getting rid of Rafael for Garrido & Tevez for Fletcher.

Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Thinking of making my team look like this in the coming weeks (no point hits just wildcards)

http://gyazo.com/8b377af582f5df05b6b2adcf305329a5

Thinking of getting rid of Rafael for Garrido & Tevez for Fletcher.

Opinions?

I think I'd go for Suarez over Tevez, you would have 2.0 in the bank right?

• Advertisement

I think I'd go for Suarez over Tevez, you would have 2.0 in the bank right?
    At the moment I have 2.8 without those transfers and I can afford an upgrade to Suarez but I wouldn't touch him as he is suspended until 15th of December. Also I can't trust Suarez.

EDIT: If I made the Suarez wildcard it be 0.9 left in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

RVP, Tevez and Nathan Dyer or Suarez, Hernandez and Bale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Thinking of having this as my starting team next week:

Begovic,

Enrique, Shawcross, Cameron,

Michu (VC), Fellaini (C), Sterling, Walcott,

Ba, RVP, Defoe.

Bench: Ruddy, Rafael, Nelsen, Bale.

Thoughts?

was thinking of taking Bale out for 2 gameweeks for Sessengon and then bring him back in, I have 0.4 in the bank and bought Bale for 9.6, he is now 9.9 so I should be able to afford him again when he is back, or would ye just stick him on the bench for the next two weeks and keep my money in the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Really tempted to start playing 352 most weeks building up to this team for gw 17 what do people make of this team. begovic (jaas) baines enrique nastasic (shorey nelsen)
    bale walcott michu fellani sterling
    rvp aguero carlton cole.
    The odd week playing carlton cole over sterling and changing to a 343.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Can somebody who is actually doing well this season tell me where i am going wrong! Really need to start getting a few decent scores soon or i can kiss my cash leagues goodbye already! The Christmas season will ultimately make or break most players so any advice is welcome!

captureog.png

Im thinking of benching Suarez and using my free transfer to swap Bale for Michu ahead of the Norwich game?

• Advertisement

Can somebody who is actually doing well this season tell me where i am going wrong! Really need to start getting a few decent scores soon or i can kiss my cash leagues goodbye already! The Christmas season will ultimately make or break most players so any advice is welcome!

captureog.png

Im thinking of benching Suarez and using my free transfer to swap Bale for Michu ahead of the Norwich game?

looking at your present team, it looks good. sometimes you can just get unlucky for various reasons. obviously ruddy needs to go (cash in while you can), apart from that your only main worries are very short term (injury/suspension). don't panic. you can consider a 4 pt hit to cover for this gw, or just ride out the storm, so to speak. honestly i think you've got a very good overall team though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

manual_man wrote: »
    looking at your present team, it looks good. sometimes you can just get unlucky for various reasons. obviously ruddy needs to go (cash in while you can), apart from that your only main worries are very short term (injury/suspension). don't panic. you can consider a 4 pt hit to cover for this gw, or just ride out the storm, so to speak. honestly i think you've got a very good overall team though

I would like to think i have a good team too but in the last 4 weeks i have been below the average twice (once 20 below:eek:) and have just about hit the average twice too! Clearly something is up as i still see people posting scores of 60+ each week while i have gone from second in all of my private leagues to nowhere near contention for top spot! I know there is a long way to go but if i keep up like this ill never catch up! Michu in for Bale i reckon and then maybe Suarez out for Defoe next week, those two have racked up almost the same points with Defoe working out a lot cheaper!

Bear in mind that with Adebayor back Defoe will be sharing duties with him, many feel that Adebayor will be AVB's preferred long term man, Defoe hasn't had the competition for most of this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Greetings!

Opinions needed!

Current squad for GW16:

Begovic (jussi)

Ben Davies Clyne Enrique (williamson/rafael)

Michu Silva Fellaini Hazard (kacaliknic)

Fletcher (c) VP Berbatov

Thinking on changing nothing and keep 2 FT for next GW! (1M at the bank))
    Any suggestions on the replacements of fletcher and williamson or rafael (depending on how mad SAF is with him...)

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

help needed lads! started off great and was in top 10k for a few weeks but after a while of slacking my team has gone to the dogs!

d3306438c9308658964692835fb64019.png?1354588888

so many injuries atm..

was thinking of taking a 4 pt hit and going

simpson > shorey
    kaca > puncheon

darego wrote: »
    help needed lads! started off great and was in top 10k for a few weeks but after a while of slacking my team has gone to the dogs!

so many injuries atm..

was thinking of taking a 4 pt hit and going

simpson > shorey
    kaca > puncheon

Looks like a good team to me. Might just need a little tweak. There's no way I'd take a points hit to bring in a bench player. Also, you have a few players injured, and getting rid of Simpson is one of your players that is playing?

How about switching Bale for Dempsey? That will bank you some money, and will mean you will an extra player available.

Alternatively, if you want to keep Bale, how about getting Robson-Kanu in for Kac? He's cheaper and plays twice next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

wasn't looking at robson-kanu. cheers for the tip buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I need help AGAIN.

Took a -4 hit last week to get Bale & Enrique in for Mata and Baines. DISASTER.

In the past I've been quite restrained with points deductions but am I looking at another -4 this week? Rafael & Fletcher situations are worrying. Or do I just go along with the hope that Fletcher makes at least the second game.

I really wanted to save my FT this week and use it next week to get Fellaini in for Sess and replace Kacaniklic. So should I stick with that plan?

Screenshot2012-12-04at094909.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

231361.png

My plan for this week was to ship out Ashley Cole and get Gibbs in. Any reason why I shouldn't go ahead with it? Any better options?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Help. I think I really need to put in Fellaini for Sessegnon and my backline is just not performing the way I need it to, probably because I was too busy switching out high-priced defenders for other high-priced defenders and forgot to pick up Shawcross/Huth. I've got 0 ft this week (put in Rooney for Suarez) but I'm looking for some long-term help here, particularly for my def + gk. I've got .2 in the bank which unfortunately is .1 short to switch Sessegnon out for Fellaini, unless Sessegnon goes up another .1 in price by next week.

FKbGr.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

231361.png

My plan for this week was to ship out Ashley Cole and get Gibbs in. Any reason why I shouldn't go ahead with it? Any better options?

chelsea are more likely to get CS than arsenal i'd say + cole will offer more chance for assists/goals than gibbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Need help lads, I have one free transfer.

Begovic

Clark
    Davies
    Morrisson

Mata
    Bale (inj)
    Carzola
    Fellani

RVP
    Tevez
    Suarez(sus)

Bench:
    Tremmel
    Gorkss
    O'Brien
    Guthrie

options lads? 1 FT Gorkss dropped and hasn't got a look in in a couple of gameweeks, not even making the bench now, O'Brien their for Bench Fodder and guthrie just back from a long term injury, dont really want to tranfer bale or suarez out

Need help lads, I have one free transfer.

Begovic

Clark
    Davies
    Morrisson

Mata
    Bale (inj)
    Carzola
    Fellani

RVP
    Tevez
    Suarez(sus)

Bench:
    Tremmel
    Gorkss
    O'Brien
    Guthrie

options lads? 1 FT Gorkss dropped and hasn't got a look in in a couple of gameweeks, not even making the bench now, O'Brien their for Bench Fodder and guthrie just back from a long term injury, dont really want to tranfer bale or suarez out

Maybe Gorkss -> Clyne next GW? Not many good options at 4.0, but he's at home to Reading next week so has CS and attacking potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Looking for advice guys for who to transfer out of my team?

Begovic/ Jaskelainen
    Clyne/Rangel/Rafael/Jose Enrique/McCartney

Bale/Silva/Sessengon/Kacaniklic/Michu

RVP/Tevez/Berba

Not sure if I want to bring in any DGW players as both teams fail to impress me. Not exactly happy with Sessengon but he can go next week. Would any one recommend a transfer or should I leave it?

I have 0.6 in the bank

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Looking for advice guys for who to transfer out of my team?

Begovic/ Jaskelainen
    Clyne/Rangel/Rafael/Jose Enrique/McCartney

Bale/Silva/Sessengon/Kacaniklic/Michu

RVP/Tevez/Berba

Not sure if I want to bring in any DGW players as both teams fail to impress me. Not exactly happy with Sessengon but he can go next week. Would any one recommend a transfer or should I leave it?

I have 0.6 in the bank

Kacaniklic for gardner if you wanna little excitement during the dgw, otherwise McCartney to Cuellar?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

FutureGuy wrote: »

Kacaniklic for gardner if you wanna little excitement during the dgw, otherwise McCartney to Cuellar?

It's funny that you mention Gardner because I was actually considering him. I was also considering Shorey for Rafael. I'm gonna hang on to McCartney because when fit he could start for west ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

John83 wrote: »
    I need help AGAIN.

Took a -4 hit last week to get Bale & Enrique in for Mata and Baines. DISASTER.

In the past I've been quite restrained with points deductions but am I looking at another -4 this week? Rafael & Fletcher situations are worrying. Or do I just go along with the hope that Fletcher makes at least the second game.

I really wanted to save my FT this week and use it next week to get Fellaini in for Sess and replace Kacaniklic. So should I stick with that plan?

Screenshot2012-12-04at094909.png

I'm thinking now of just using the one FT to get a Reading player lie Robson-Kanu in for Kacaniklic. That way I'll have 11 players and if Fletcher doesn't play I'll have Rafael on the bench. At least I'm "guaranteed" 4 points" with Robson-Kanu having the DGW.

Or has anyone any other suggestions for a cheapish midfielder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Played the Wildcard and looking for opinions:(subs in brackets)

Mignolet (Jaaskelainen)

Morrison
    Enrique
    Shawcross (Whittaker & Nelson)

Fellaini
    Michu
    Lallana
    Santi Cazorla
    Adam Johnson

Van Persie
    Le Fondre (Suarez) .5m in Bank

I see Lallana Le Fondre and Johnson as weak links. Lallana home to Norwich and the other 2 playing twice though, hence i bought them

Omitted Bale (injured) and Silva (doubtful)

Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

John83 wrote: »
    I'm thinking now of just using the one FT to get a Reading player lie Robson-Kanu in for Kacaniklic. That way I'll have 11 players and if Fletcher doesn't play I'll have Rafael on the bench. At least I'm "guaranteed" 4 points" with Robson-Kanu having the DGW.

Or has anyone any other suggestions for a cheapish midfielder?

Jobi McAnuff has a few assists for Reading, not sure of his price though

Sterling perhaps, although I reckon he will get some sort of a rest over the next few week.....Joe Allen may be another, playing further forward with Lucas back......not sure of their prices though

• Advertisement

Any improvements that can be made?

Raf32 wrote: »
    Any improvements that can be made?

Plenty I'd say, have you a bit of spare cash?

only 0.2. thinking of getting Michiu

only 0.2. thinking of getting Michiu

Not a bad idea at all, his price is going up all the time though, if I was you I'd try to save a bit of money also to help out the rest of your team, I'd get rid of Santi for Michu. You could upgrade Dyer or Mackie with the change. your defence isn't bad butI'd say Jonny Evans days are practically numbered for this year, look to get Vidic in as soon as he's back in action, next two weeks for sure. Bit of work to do on the team but shouldn't take long.

Thanks a million, ya Santi been disappointing recently, might get rid of RVP for someone cheaper too. I want to have both Kompany and Vidic but dont think I will be able to afford it!

Thanks a million, ya Santi been disappointing recently, might get rid of RVP for someone cheaper too. I want to have both Kompany and Vidic but dont think I will be able to afford it!
    Getting rid of RVP is not a good choice as you may shoot yourself in the foot when he scores a hat-trick and he gets you the most points when needed.

Bulking up on two expensive defenders will not work as clean sheets are very rare so far this season and you are better off spending the money on good midfielders (Fellani, Silva, Michu etc..) and there is a range of strikers that will get you more points than defenders.

In my case I bulk up on cheap defenders who will get clean sheets an odd time e.g. Cameron for Stoke. This gives me enough money in the bank to spread on midfielders and forwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Dubstar07

Hi all,

Any thoughts on possible moves:

Gk: Bego (Krul)

Def: Cuellar / Rafael / Demel / Gorkss / Clyne

Mid: Santi / Michu / Sterling / Silva / Walters

Fwds: Ba / RvP / Suarez

Defence needs a tweak - Rafael to Enrique (not too sure about 3 Liv in team)

Or Gorkss to ???

Will probably shift Santi to Bale or Felani next GW

Thanks, Dub

This is how I'm set.

5.5m in the bank so Lambert -> Suarez next week.

1087n6f.jpg

Need some feedback on my team.

Foster - Begovic

Clark - Clyne - Cameron - Mertesacker - Rafael

Michu - Fellaini - Dempsey - Cazorla - Sterling

Fletcher - RVP - Ba

I've been doing ok recently, and I'm happy enough with my team. But I'm unsure where to go from here. I'm unhappy with 2 players:

Foster - apart from being injured, he will not rotate well with Bego when he does come back.

Fletcher - carrying a knock, and not performing (he'll probably go and bag a hattrick tonight!).

But when I dump Fletcher, I'm unsure if I should downgrade (Lambert/Long...and re-invest elsewhere), try and upgrade (Tevez/Suarez etc....this would necessitate a transfer or two elsewhere to free up funds) or move sideways (Berbatov). I'm not too sure how I feel about Ba either, so could get rid of him and Fletch, and go for something like Lambert and Tevez.

Anyway, opinions welcomed!

Need some feedback on my team.

Foster - Begovic

Clark - Clyne - Cameron - Mertesacker - Rafael

Michu - Fellaini - Dempsey - Cazorla - Sterling

Fletcher - RVP - Ba

I've been doing ok recently, and I'm happy enough with my team. But I'm unsure where to go from here. I'm unhappy with 2 players:

Foster - apart from being injured, he will not rotate well with Bego when he does come back.

Fletcher - carrying a knock, and not performing (he'll probably go and bag a hattrick tonight!).

But when I dump Fletcher, I'm unsure if I should downgrade (Lambert/Long...and re-invest elsewhere), try and upgrade (Tevez/Suarez etc....this would necessitate a transfer or two elsewhere to free up funds) or move sideways (Berbatov). I'm not too sure how I feel about Ba either, so could get rid of him and Fletch, and go for something like Lambert and Tevez.

Anyway, opinions welcomed!

Ba has to go imo, they have City, United, Arsenal, and Everton in 4/5 of their next fixtures, and they're not playing particularly well either. Fletcher is obviously another priority. Foster can wait til after those two i say, you still have super Bego. Have you any spare funds? And how many free transfers do you have? (These details are important)

manual_man wrote: »
    Ba has to go imo, they have City, United, Arsenal, and Everton in 4/5 of their next fixtures, and they're not playing particularly well either. Fletcher is obviously another priority. Foster can wait til after those two i say, you still have super Bego. Have you any spare funds? And how many free transfers do you have? (These details are important)

0.1 in bank, and have 0 free tansfers (transfer already used this week). So won't be making any changes this week - mainly trying to decide my overall strategy for the next 2/3 weeks, want my team in best possible shape going into christmas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement