Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

0.1 in bank, and have 0 free tansfers (transfer already used this week). So won't be making any changes this week - mainly trying to decide my overall strategy for the next 2/3 weeks, want my team in best possible shape going into christmas.

In that case i'd save next weeks transfer and then possibly consider Fletch-Berb(home v SOU) and Ba to A.N. Other (possibly Giroud/Podolski - Arsenal have nice fixtures) though you'd probly need an extra transfer to free up funds... might well be worth it though. No need to sell Foster i say, they have nice fixtures and he might even be back for this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

manual_man wrote: »
    In that case i'd save next weeks transfer and then possibly consider Fletch-Berb(home v SOU) and Ba to A.N. Other (possibly Giroud/Podolski - Arsenal have nice fixtures) though you'd probly need an extra transfer to free up funds... might well be worth it though. No need to sell Foster i say, they have nice fixtures and he might even be back for this weekend

Yeah I'm VERY close to being able to do Fletch to Berba. If Berba goes down 0.1 I'll be able to do it. I'm not convinced by Giroud or Pod yet, though they do have nice fixtures.

There is not need to sell Foster, but as I say, he doesn't rotate well with Beg, so I was thinking if I got in someone like Guzan, I could bank 0.4, and have someone that rotates better with Stoke (though Villa have some tricky fixture over the christmas). Also considering swapping Foster for Vorm in a few weeks. Vorm's return date is Dec 16th, and a Vorm - Bego pairing would be pretty good. Vorm's value is down to 5.1 now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭andy125

Good gameweek but my head is wrecked trying to choose the right transfer for next game week and also looking to fit a chelsea player back into the squad most likely torres for the gameweek after.

18lkwn.png

I want to get silva in but johnson - silva is .1 short (will silva drop over the week?)

enrique - rafael is another option

augero - tevez would leave funds for long to torres or johnson to silva ( but i really think aguero will come through)

want to keep carloza with arsenals next few fixtures looking tasty

hmmmm what to do

andy125 wrote: »
    Good gameweek but my head is wrecked trying to choose the right transfer for next game week and also looking to fit a chelsea player back into the squad most likely torres for the gameweek after.

18lkwn.png

I wont to get silva in but johnson - silva is .1 short (will silva drop over the week?)

augero - tevez would leave funds for long to torres and johnson to silva ( but i really think aguero will come through)

hmmmm what to do

swap aguero for tevez. next week swap johnson for silva. week after swap long for berba

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

andy125 wrote: »

18lkwn.png

I want to get silva in but johnson - silva is .1 short (will silva drop over the week?)

augero - tevez would leave funds for long to torres or johnson to silva ( but i really think aguero will come through)

hmmmm what to do

Rafa is becoming overpriced imo. He's not a guaranteed starter with Vidic coming back and Smalling/Jones/J Evans all in contention. Fergie likes to rotate and he might tame him tactically sooner than later, e.g. see what happened in the Reading game.

Why take out Enrique when he has some good fixtures coming up, and there's always the possibility he might get shifted up? Even as a defender he still gets the ball in dangerous places.

And Silva over Bale or Mata? That seems hardly the right move considering how much more returns they've given and how integral they are to their team's overall performance. When Mata and Bale don't play their team's suffer significantly. I suppose Silva is a differential player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

I have the below team with 5M in the bank. Not sure what would be the best transfer this week,
    thinking tevez-> rooney or maybe sterling->mata. Any thoughts?

Schwarzer - Begovic
    Cameron - Rafael - McCartney - Jose Enrique - Shorey
    Fellaini - Sterling - Walters - Kacaniklic - Michu
    Van Persie - Tevez - Defoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

With no game for Chelsea and Sunderland away to United I really think I need to ship out Cole and Fletcher this week.

I'm not really sure whether I should go for another bargain basement defender like Joey O'Brien or someone and upgrade Fletcher to Tevez, get in a decent defensive option like Gibbs/Nastasic and bring in Berba or get in a cheap defender along with Berba and save some money for next week.

Anybody care to give me a little advice?

232414.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

keane2097 wrote: »
    With no game for Chelsea and Sunderland away to United I really think I need to ship out Cole and Fletcher this week.

I'm not really sure whether I should go for another bargain basement defender like Joey O'Brien or someone and upgrade Fletcher to Tevez, get in a decent defensive option like Gibbs/Nastasic and bring in Berba or get in a cheap defender along with Berba and save some money for next week.

Anybody care to give me a little advice?

232414.png

Keep Suarez in mind (even though you have 2 pool players). If you are confident Tevez will start every game, then go for it. Berbatov is a good option but he hasnt scored in a good while and Fulham are missing Ruiz.

Regarding your third option, if you get Berba and a cheap defender...where are you planning to use that money? I can't see where it's needed?

dave13 wrote: »
    I have the below team with 5M in the bank. Not sure what would be the best transfer this week,
    thinking tevez-> rooney or maybe sterling->mata. Any thoughts?

Schwarzer - Begovic
    Cameron - Rafael - McCartney - Jose Enrique - Shorey
    Fellaini - Sterling - Walters - Kacaniklic - Michu
    Van Persie - Tevez - Defoe

Mata doesn't have a game. See my last post regarding Tevez. I have no city coverage. They have a super game vs Reading next week but anyone care to say for sure who starts up front? I can't and I don't even want to any more. Easy game vs Reading...Dzeko and Aguero? Play just Dzeko and give Scott Sinclair a chance?

Personally, I'd have Silva as City attacking coverage and no one else. Could you do Tevez to Suarez and Kakaniclic to Silva?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Mata doesn't have a game. See my last post regarding Tevez. I have no city coverage. They have a super game vs Reading next week but anyone care to say for sure who starts up front? I can't and I don't even want to any more. Easy game vs Reading...Dzeko and Aguero? Play just Dzeko and give Scott Sinclair a chance?

Personally, I'd have Silva as City attacking coverage and no one else. Could you do Tevez to Suarez and Kakaniclic to Silva?

I don't think I'd be able to fit him into my own team but I think YaYa Toure could be a decent mid price midfield option, very impressive in all city's positive play last week, always capable of scoring/assists, if city are to be resurgent he could play a big part, he'll certainly be there for almost every minute, Just a thought.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Keep Suarez in mind (even though you have 2 pool players). If you are confident Tevez will start every game, then go for it. Berbatov is a good option but he hasnt scored in a good while and Fulham are missing Ruiz.

Regarding your third option, if you get Berba and a cheap defender...where are you planning to use that money? I can't see where it's needed?

Suarez is too much of a stretch financially I think unless I do some shifting around in my MF.

The idea of getting a cheap defender and Berbatov is just based on fixtures, i.e. get Berba in this week ahead of QPR game, get Tevez in next week, after Newcastle away and before Reading at home.

Actually just realised I can ship Ba instead of Fletcher and bring in Suarez along with a cheapy defender. Might be the best bet of all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

keane2097 wrote: »
    Actually just realised I can ship Ba instead of Fletcher and bring in Suarez along with a cheapy defender. Might be the best bet of all?

Ye thats the same move im looking at, think Ba and fletch have be moved. More so Ba as think all talk of Jan move will disrupt him and newc struggling too much-
    Would risk torres but no game
    Defoe looks an option for good price
    Tevez is too much rotation risk even tho FF gold when plays
    Suarez, well looks best of bunch and guaranteed shots and game time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Torres or Mata,Who to get in for GW18,getting Torres means i can get Bale but as i already have Defoe i am not sure.....

38df2ae79100b5186b0ccd4981ff2a0c.png?1355415496

This is my current squad,i am going to change as follows hopefully...

Johnson to Bale/Mata GW18?
    Defoe to Torres/Suarez GW18?
    Cuellar to Clark,this move is to get another .1 in the bank.

Any advice on these moves?most of the others are keepers for a while yet,Carzola and Gibbs will go in GW22 as Arsenal's fixtures take a turn for the worse then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

296213-1214201260335pm.png

I have two FT. I am thinking Bale to someone and Fletcher to Rooney. Any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Quietly confident of a 2nd strong week in a row. Having just brought in Suarez for Lambert, the team looks like this.

vg7el5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Wish i could say i was confident going into this week, but im not!

Have been planning on bringing Suarez in for Defoe all week but with Walcott 50/50 if he dosnt play there is a chance i wont have 11 playing as Kacankilc rarely plays! anyone any suggestions?

capturebhp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

359cyv4.png

Rafael>Nastasic
    Fellaini>Bale

359cyv4.png

Rafael>Nastasic
    Fellaini>Bale

Welcome! Nice team btw.

Bale is not 100% guaranteed to be back so keep an eye on that. You have City, United, Arsenal and Chelsea covered.

Otherwise, I would do with that transfer. Get Caulker out when you get a chance although a 4.9 he's not a massive priority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Got rid of Fellaini for Silva. My last few transfers have been wasted, really need a bit of luck on this one...

With Bale, Enrique and Fletcher all doubtful, and Rafael and Sterling possibly rested, I might end up with 9 players this week! Hopefully Bale plays at least. I also think Fletcher could perform against Southampton if he's fit.

Despite the fact that I'm being forced into using my subs, I'm still happy enough with how my team's looking. One decent week where I gain 25 points and I'll crack the top 1,000.

5129dt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

2342ae0c99612dd3f26eaa6537dc4c3d.png?1355768494

Shall I ship out Fellani for Yaya Toure or Santi Cazorla?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Happy enough with this team for the coming week or two
    WyuCh.png

Bench Michu? Are you nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

plus doubling up on WH against Eve and leaving DDG (expensive) on the bench?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Thoguhts on this?

Considering transferring out fellani and fletcher, but dunno who for...

Perhaps Silva and weimann?

1L5ce.png

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    Bench Michu? Are you nuts

Sterling is going to be rested over xmas, so michu will a reprieve this week. Michu is playing.Man U, toughest fixture of all my midfielders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

LostBoy101 wrote: »

Shall I ship out Fellani for Yaya Toure or Santi Cazorla?

If you can afford Cazorla, get him. You already have city coverage in Silva. Also, Cazorla is only going to rocket up in price after tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Screenshot2012-12-18at093301_zpse6bed722.png

As solid as I thought my team was looking I haven't been getting the scores. Bringing Giroud in last week for Arsenal cover backfired spectacularly.

Have one FT which was earmarked for Sess -> Bale.But with Fellaini's suspension that means I have to get rid. And I'm almost more interested in getting Silva in now rather than Bale. Haven't had City attacking cover in a couple of weeks.

So should I just go with the one transfer and do Fellaini -> Silva or would it be worth the -4 hit to go: Fellaini -> Bale and Sess -> Nasri

Both options include hoping that Giroud can get his game against Wigan.

Sterling is going to be rested over xmas, so michu will a reprieve this week. Michu is playing.Man U, toughest fixture of all my midfielders.

United are conceding. And when they concede, it will probably be Michu who scores it. He could bag a brace against United... always play your big players, even against the bigger teams. He scored twice against Arsenal!

Was it Jelavic that knocked in 2 or 3 against United last season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Man Utd have the 3rd worst defensive record of the current top 12.

If I told you Michu had a game against a team conceding 1.41 goals per game and had only one clean sheet in 10, you would play him, wouldn't you?

Thats exactly Man Utds record. Play Michu.

• Advertisement

United are conceding. And when they concede, it will probably be Michu who scores it. He could bag a brace against United... always play your big players, even against the bigger teams. He scored twice against Arsenal!

Was it Jelavic that knocked in 2 or 3 against United last season?
    Benimar wrote: »
    Man Utd have the 3rd worst defensive record of the current top 12.

If I told you Michu had a game against a team conceding 1.41 goals per game and had only one clean sheet in 10, you would play him, wouldn't you?

Thats exactly Man Utds record. Play Michu.

Vidic is back now, Smalling and Jones seem to be getting back to some sort of fitness, I reckon Uniteds leaky defense will be a thing of the past pretty soon.

But in saying that, I've fired Michu back into the team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Dont think Vidic will make a big difference tbh, he didnt look too good earlier in the season and its not as if United suddenly looked tighter when he replaced Rio at the weekend, actually the opposite.

Im heading away at ridiculous o'clock on Sat morning and dont think i will have access to FPL for the next 2 gameweeks so just wondering what people think of my team as is. Going to leave the armband on RVP just out of ease!

capturepig.png

Strong team.

You need to get rid of Ruddy and Kacaniklic though but I guess this can wait until you wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

John83 wrote: »

As solid as I thought my team was looking I haven't been getting the scores. Bringing Giroud in last week for Arsenal cover backfired spectacularly.

Have one FT which was earmarked for Sess -> Bale.But with Fellaini's suspension that means I have to get rid. And I'm almost more interested in getting Silva in now rather than Bale. Haven't had City attacking cover in a couple of weeks.

So should I just go with the one transfer and do Fellaini -> Silva or would it be worth the -4 hit to go: Fellaini -> Bale and Sess -> Nasri

Both options include hoping that Giroud can get his game against Wigan.

Posted my team above. My Giroud gamble is about to sting even further. According to FISO he's going to drop in price tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

John83 wrote: »

Posted my team above. My Giroud gamble is about to sting even further. According to FISO he's going to drop in price tonight.
    You could bring in puncheon for fell and tevez or ageuro for giroud for a hit and then next week ses to a 9m+ midfielder of ur choice with the extra cash

Strong team.

You need to get rid of Ruddy and Kacaniklic though but I guess this can wait until you wildcard

Cheers yeah i know, have been dying to get rid of Kacaniklic for ages now! But as you say both those moves will wait till wildcard! A bit unsure about Zabaleta too but he has started most games recently so hoping that will continue over the Christmas run!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

[IMG][/img]dec19k.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Took out Fellaini, Fletcher and Lallana for Silva Benteke and Puncheon. Had 3 good weeks and up to 35k overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

So here's my team, wondering is everything looking ok..

Begovic,

Zabaleta, Bassong, Shawcross,

Walcott, Yaya Toure, Michu, Bale,

Ba, Van Persie(VC), Torres(C),

Bench: Bunn, Puncheon, Rafael, Nelsen.

Solid team, but i'd be playing Rafael ahead of Shawcross this week. Two Stoke away to Spurs is overkill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭crazy8

chops018 wrote: »

Shawcross,

Torres(C)

Would stick with RVP as a more reliable captain.
    Have shifted Shawcross out myself with more difficult fixtures now for Stoke, his price could be peaking, either way money made. He's good value for money even with difficult fixtures I reckon but it's nice to have a bit more cash for the rest of the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Begovic

Sagna- J Enrique- Clyne (Cuellar, Demel)

Mata- Dempsey- Yaya- Michu (puncheon)

Rvp (vc)- Tevez (c)- Suarez

I need to get rid off dempsey and need to downgrade someone to get needed 0.3 to make dempsey->bale.

Maybe rvp to rooney and dempsey to bale?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭TheEscapist

Begovic
    Cameron - Hangeland - A. Cole
    Michu - Yaya - Bale - Robson-Kanu
    Defoe - Tevez(vc) - Rooney(c)

SUBS:
    Daniels - Rafael - Garrido - Puncheon

After a good start I've tinkered too much and dropping down in the rankings every week. Currently on 840 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Anyone have any thoughts on my team?

It looks like I might be missing three players for the weekend.

I'm reluctant to get rid of any of the big players, as I don't have any money left in the bank to get them back in at a later date.

That doesn't include players like Silva, Zabaleta and Enrique. They can be transferred out. Although, I just got them in, I'd like to try and keep them for a bit.

421d1a2514277a536f88767b9fe9cf59.png

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Any advice lads?
    2 FT's and 0.6 in the bank
    Mignolet/ Federici
    Raf Fonte O'Brien Baines Cameron(sus)
    Santi Michu Silva Sterling Maloney
    RVP Defoe Berba

Was thinking Silva > Bale maybe?
    Raf > Evans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Any advice lads?
    2 FT's and 0.6 in the bank
    Mignolet/ Federici
    Raf Fonte O'Brien Baines Cameron(sus)
    Santi Michu Silva Sterling Maloney
    RVP Defoe Berba

Was thinking Silva > Bale maybe?
    Raf > Evans?

get rid of raf for someone from chelsea or arsenal, best teams for clean sheets, unless u feel like gettin another stoke defender. i'd get in mata or bale instead of silva.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Anyone have any thoughts on my team?

It looks like I might be missing three players for the weekend.

I'm reluctant to get rid of any of the big players, as I don't have any money left in the bank to get them back in at a later date.

That doesn't include players like Silva, Zabaleta and Enrique. They can be transferred out. Although, I just got them in, I'd like to try and keep them for a bit.

421d1a2514277a536f88767b9fe9cf59.png

id get rid of zabaleta and get in mertesacker (better chance of keeping clean sheets, guaranteed starter, double game week coming up, zabaleta only has one more assist than him as well despite him being attack minded), id get in mata for silva too and nolan has done nothing (1 goal , 0 assists in 10 matches) in a while but i think he's a good player and may well have a good run again like he did at the start.

id get rid of zabaleta and get in mertesacker (better chance of keeping clean sheets, guaranteed starter, double game week coming up, zabaleta only has one more assist than him as well despite him being attack minded), id get in mata for silva too and nolan has done nothing (1 goal , 0 assists in 10 matches) in a while but i think he's a good player and may well have a good run again like he did at the start.

Didn't realise that Nolan's stats were that bad. Think I'll hang onto him. I like him, and I would be losing a good bit of money by getting rid of him.

I've been thinking about Enrique to an Arsenal defender. City have a great chance of CSs in their next two games.

I'm tempted by Mata. Really want City attacking cover though. Could well change him with my free WC.

This always happens. Someone gives me good advice, and I manage to talk myself out of it. Watch me get in some horrible players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

What do recommend here lads,?

• Advertisement

What do recommend here lads,?

Defence is too expensive. Midfield is too bare.

Sidwell and that Schneiderlin lad are a waste.

Forward line is expensive but good.

Drop Cole to a cheaper Chelsea player. Drop 2 of the other 4 to a 4-4.9 player. You can't afford them and field a balanced team.

Advertisement