Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Would you consider a 4pt hit of Suarez to sturridge and sterling to Mata. I agree Mata is a must have but so is Walcott. Sterling is no longer guaranteed a start. It would cost you 4 pts this week but would make your team stronger IMO. Liverpool Swansea have no game on GW27 and you have four of those players so may aswell offload one now.

Completely missed the fact I had four players for that game. Sterling will be gone at that stage but to who is the question. Of the other three Davies is the likely one to go. Have too much to lose replacing Michu & Suarez - alot of money tied up in the and wouldn't be able to afford to get them back. So Bale or Walcott will have to make way for Mata.

With three transfers staggered over two GW's I could do one of the following:
    Michu - Bale - Mata - Fellaini - (Puncheon)
    Ruiz - RVP - Suarez
    or
    Michu - Mata - Walcott - Fellaini - (Puncheon)
    Ruiz - RVP - Suarez
    (0.9 in the bank)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

After wildcard
    .3 in the bank

Federici- begovic

Davies-coloccini- shawcross- o brien- clubs

Michu-Mata-Walcott-Fellaini-Marveaux

Rvp- Suarez - Le fondre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

After wildcard
    .3 in the bank

Federici- begovic

Davies-coloccini- shawcross- o brien- clubs

Michu-Mata-Walcott-Fellaini-Marveaux

Rvp- Suarez - Le fondre

coloccini might be on the way out of newcastle so might be worth gettin rid if wildcard is still open. who is 'clubs'??

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

coloccini might be on the way out of newcastle so might be worth gettin rid if wildcard is still open. who is 'clubs'??
    Coloccini is staying until the end of the season.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130129/colo-im-staying-and-will-give-100-per-cent_2281670_3056949

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

A bit torn over what to do right now. Had earmarked Puncheon > Fellaini, but that would use up all of my cash and take away any flexibility to upgrade Ba to a dependable starter.

Also plan Cameron > £4m def and Gibbs > Nastastic/Zabaleta. Downgrading Lambert might be logical if funds are needed for a 2nd big striker.

Screenshot_29_01_2013_12_50_zpsae2fec0b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Right ive settled on this wildcard team

Begovic

Davies,Gibbs,Dawson

Fellaini,Walcott,Silva,Michu

Fletcher,Suarez,RVP (C)

Federici,Marveaux,Clyne,Bertrand

Any thoughts lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Right ive settled on this wildcard team

Begovic

Davies,Gibbs,Dawson

Fellaini,Walcott,Silva,Michu

Fletcher,Suarez,RVP (C)

Federici,Marveaux,Clyne,Bertrand

Any thoughts lads

If you have Bertrand you really should put him in your team right now because there is a very good chance he'll start left wing tomorrow and be taken off with about 15 minutes to go.

If you have Bertrand you really should put him in your team right now because there is a very good chance he'll start left wing tomorrow and be taken off with about 15 minutes to go.

thanks for the advice Swiper
    I know but Rafa is capable of anything when picking a team :D
    Start Bertrand and bench Dawson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Damn autocorrect, it meant clyne

Worth the risk, no certainty that Rafa will bring him on if he doesn't start, drop Davies, you have to fancy Sunderland to score.

• Advertisement

Worth the risk, no certainty that Rafa will bring him on if he doesn't start, drop Davies, you have to fancy Sunderland to score.

Cheers dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Look at my sexy team, gives me a horn just looking at it :pac:

rsz_best_team_ever.jpg

You're shíttin me? That team makes me sick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Wow.. fair play shadowcomplex

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Average...:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

rsz_best_team_ever.jpg

whats your rank if u dont mind me asking? My team value is so sh!te...

http://omg.wthax.org/rsz_best_team_ever.jpg

It's a wind up right? Might be someones team but not yours

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Wont believe its yours until i see a squad link please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That team is very much achievable for someone who has a decent team value and who got some of those players in early enough.

The money I lost in not getting Walcott in until yesterday is the difference in me having that squad and not.

I actually think there's better ways to spend that money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

It's very like my wildcard team. I haven't gone for Azi as think he will lose his place:

Lemlin wrote: »
    It's very like my wildcard team. I haven't gone for Azi as think he will lose his place:
    You not worried about prying eyes?

That's the route I was planning on going down with my wildcard. Can pretty much get the same team in as that.

But now I'm thinking of taking some big risks based on what I've seen the last 2/3 weeks. And that's the reason why I kept my wildcard.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    You not worried about prying eyes?

That's the route I was planning on going down with my wildcard. Can pretty much get the same team in as that.

But now I'm thinking of taking some big risks based on what I've seen the last 2/3 weeks. And that's the reason why I kept my wildcard.

I moved 30 or so points ahead of that lad yesterday and he can't afford near my team value.

Ha, good stuff?

Do you share any of the same concerns as me?

- Fellaini being pushed back to a deeper role
    - Le Fondre pushing for a start
    - Suarez pushed out wide while Sturridge is playing
    - United not able to keep a clean sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Am I the only one not convinced with Fellaini and Michu lately? Is everyone just holding on becuase of the cash they will lose out on if they need to get them again? Both have been in shocking form recently (only one assist each since the new year). I'm taking both out with my wildcard.

Surprised to see them both in so many wildcard teams tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Tinie wrote: »

i dont care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

Am I the only one not convinced with Fellaini and Michu lately? Is everyone just holding on becuase of the cash they will lose out on if they need to get them again? Both have been in shocking form recently (only one assist each since the new year). I'm taking both out with my wildcard.

Surprised to see them both in so many wildcard teams tbh.
    I'd agree with you made the decision to ship Michu last week during the wildcard after having him from the start and brought in Fellaini which I'm regretting already I think he will get the chop for Gerrard next week. If they continue to perform as they are the last weeks a lot of people will be getting rid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

bit of advice needed lads.. 2 FTs and 3.8 in the bank. few transfers i'm thinking of but not sure which 2/3 to do now

lukaku > aguero
    gibbs > enrique, azpi or davies etc
    ba > sturridge
    bego > de gea
    cameron > clyne (if i need to spare up some cash)

opinions?

thinking of making 3 transfers this week for a 4 pt hit
    lukaku > aguero
    ba > sturridge
    gibbs > azpi

in the next few weeks i'll get rid of bego for de gea

9343c1baf0bd9ab10578ecd1b2ddd7ba.png?1359672866

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭Mugsy_P

Just used my wildcard... What do people think? only 0.2 left in the bank. Finally made some big moves up in my leagues, and wanna keep that momentum!

S3nrM7L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Mugsy_P wrote: »
    Just used my wildcard... What do people think? only 0.2 left in the bank. Finally made some big moves up in my leagues, and wanna keep that momentum!

S3nrM7L.jpg

you need to take out o'brien and jussi. for gks i would look at mignolet, possibly cesar, de gea, or lloris.

i think you should downgrade o'brien and upgrade barnett to a player that actually starts, like ian harte or martin r. you have too many choices in defense that spread your points way too thin. you should look at one expensive def (i guess zab for you), a much more decent gk, shawcross, and 3 cheapies that start so you can rotate them based on fixtures.

it doesn't seem like you have enough money either to be copying other ppl with your front 8. you bought walcott and mata wayyy too late. stick with mata maybe, take out walcott, and put in giroud or podolski. or take mata out for hazard eventually, so you can upgrade puncheon or kacaniklic to bale, taraabt, gerrard, silva, etc. maybe even lennon or dempsey.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Ha, good stuff?

Do you share any of the same concerns as me?

- Fellaini being pushed back to a deeper role
    - Le Fondre pushing for a start
    - Suarez pushed out wide while Sturridge is playing
    - United not able to keep a clean sheet

I think Le Fondre will start so its between Pog and Anichebe and neither are guaranteed a place so I stuck with Pog.

I'm not worried about Suarez. He has scored in Liverpool's last two games. Sturridge hasn't. I also believe he will be the one assisting most of Sturridge's goals.

De Gea is a worry but I believe the top teams will start tightening up now. If not, he'll be changed for Mignolet and still could be.

As for Fellaini, no other mid has showed good enough form to warrant signing them. I'll be monitoring him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

You're shíttin me? That team makes me sick!
    LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Wow.. fair play shadowcomplex
    It's a wind up right? Might be someones team but not yours
    Tinie wrote: »

PLEASE... I can afford that team with £0.1m left in the bank :)

2a4xohs.jpg

It's actually very similar to mine, totally identical line up in midfield and attack. I've gone with Evra and Davies over Azpil and Enrique though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Do you really believe there is no 3rd choice striker able to outscore your 5th choice midfielder?

I would like to hear people's thoughts on this team

239086.png

Dempsey wrote: »
    Do you really believe there is no 3rd choice striker able to outscore your 5th choice midfielder?

My thinking is as follows:

You either play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2. Weighing up the benefits of each, the main issue for me is the fact that midfielders on average score higher than forwards. How often will a striker hit a blank and get BP's? Very rare, either they score/assist or it's 2 points. Midfielders however are capable of not scoring or assisting and still getting 6 points, see Bale last week against QPR. This is why the top SEVEN midfielders have equalled or outscored everyone bar RVP and Suarez. These are the two top scoring strikers atm, must haves imo. After this you have Ba, Tevez, Fletcher, Lambert... none of which appeal to me. You also have the likes of Rooney and Aguero to consider but this front line (RVP, Suarez, Aguero/Rooney) would massively affect the rest of your squad.

With the midfield you then have the 'must haves' of Mata, Walcott and Michu (who is debateable on current form but imo still a must have). This leaves two MF spots for any two from Bale, Fellaini, Silva, Gerrard, Hazard etc, depending on finances. I would much prefer two of the above over one of the above + Ba, Tevez etc. A lot of these guys are basically playing in attack, but they have the added bonus of getting an extra point per goal, clean sheet bonus and more likely to get BP's whether they score or not.

This isn't a question of preference, I think the numbers back up that 3-5-2 is statistically the better formation, with 5 big mids and RVP/Suarez/cheapie up top.
    I would like to hear people's thoughts on this team

Does Townsend play??

Thats a good argument, I suppose choosing a cheap striker that will be bench fodder feels very strange to me! I'm very much used to 3-4-3.

What do you think of my above selection and then with the following changes, Townsend to Bale & Tevez to Pogrebnyak?

My main worry is the lack of ManC attacking cover and I'd prefer Tevez over Silva
    roryc wrote: »
    Does Townsend play??

He's gone to QPR, I'd expect him to play every game going by 'Arry's assessment of him in the media

Depends whether you are trying to make up ground, a LOT of people up top will have tat exact front 8. Would you consider Gerrard for the DGW instead of Bale?

I currently have no City attackers, I had Silva but dumped him (before he scored 2!). I don't believ in needing 'cover' for a team, you pick the players you think will score best over the coming weeks. If Tevez solidifies his place I'll definitely consider him. If he played 90 mins every week he would probably be in my team. I'd move to 3-4-3, he's brilliant value at under £9m. Hopefully Balotelli leaving will change things.

I've to make up a small bit of ground but I'm not going high risk yet.

Statistically ManC are unlikely to fall out of the top4 or deviate much from what they are currently doing so someone is going to be grabbing goals and assists. If anything they will get stronger when Yaya gets back & more defenders get off the treatment table.

Looking at Gerrard alright but weary of being hamstrung the following GW.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    PLEASE... I can afford that team with £0.1m left in the bank :)

2a4xohs.jpg

It's actually very similar to mine, totally identical line up in midfield and attack. I've gone with Evra and Davies over Azpil and Enrique though.

Most players going 3-5-2 have that front 8. My only concern with it is that if you are trying to gain on rivals, you have no differentials apart from defenders.

About 3 weeks ago I was a big proponent of a switch to that exact set up but over the last few weeks, and especially the last day or so, I am changing my mind.

The fact is, Fellaini has done absolutely nothing in the last 6 weeks except get an assist for falling over.

The difference between the 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 teams going around is you either have a mid-priced midfielder and a cheap striker, or vice versa.

Compare Fellaini to similarly priced third strikers like Sturridge, Benteke, Fletcher, Giroud, Lukaku and it's really hitting home that, until Fellaini significantly improves, that 3-5-2 is not the best option right now.

Now, he could run riot against Villa and I'll be putting a few quid on him to score to cover the fact I won't have him, but I need to see a major change in form before moving from my current 3-4-3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

De Gea is one i'd be wary about. He made another 2 howlers in the game v Southampton, it wouldn't surprise me much to see Lindergaard get the nod for the next match

FutureGuy wrote: »

The fact is, Fellaini has done absolutely nothing in the last 6 weeks except get an assist for falling over.

The difference between the 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 teams going around is you either have a mid-priced midfielder and a cheap striker, or vice versa.

Compare Fellaini to similarly priced third strikers like Sturridge, Benteke, Fletcher, Giroud, Lukaku and it's really hitting home that, until Fellaini significantly improves, that 3-5-2 is not the best option right now.

Now, he could run riot against Villa and I'll be putting a few quid on him to score to cover the fact I won't have him, but I need to see a major change in form before moving from my current 3-4-3.

Yeah that's essentially what it comes down to - Fellaini or one of the above. I'd still choose Fellaini tbh. He might only have one assist in the last 6 (before which he had 5 goals + 2 assists in 5 games!) but he's still picking up BP's which reinforces my point. His last three games have been 5,6,5,2, DESPITE only scoring 1 assist. So even in his bad spells he still gets points!

If it looks like he is playing deeper and his points will dry up I'll look at 3-4-3, same as the Tevez dilemma above. At the moment I still think until Fellaini fails and Tevez guarantees a spot, the ideal front 8 is as above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

[IMG][/img]febq.png Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Played my wildcard and have this at the moment. Any advice? Around 30k in the overall standings. Not my strongest eleven this week but have decent options to chop and change depending on fixtures

Thoughts on this team? Cant bring myself to go 3-5-2 despite the good case for it, a bad habit i suppose!

239146.png

Fellaini
    Bale
    Silva
    Gerrard
    ????

Feedback would be appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Thoughts on this team? Cant bring myself to go 3-5-2 despite the good case for it, a bad habit i suppose!

239146.png

Fellaini
    Bale
    Silva
    Gerrard
    ????

Gerrard maybe? I think ordinarily he'd be as good a shout as any of the others but the fact he's got a double game week coming up probably pushes him over the top.

239146.png

Fellaini
    Bale
    Silva
    Gerrard
    ????

Do people think Townsend will definitely play? QPR have an awful lot of mids.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Do people think Townsend will definitely play? QPR have an awful lot of mids.
    "Andros is a kid with a fantastic future," said Redknapp. "I like Andros an awful lot. He's a winger, he's strong, he's quick, he's brave and he scores goals.

"He's unlucky that he's got Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon keeping him out of the team. I think eventually he'll become a big player."

Townsend added: "I worked with Harry at Spurs - he gave me my debut - so it was a no-brainer when QPR came in for me.

"Harry has brought me in to do a job for him. I'm confident in my own ability and I want to repay him.

"I live for pressure games. I'm looking forward to the challenge. I've learnt a lot through my loan spells in the past and now I'm at a massive club like QPR and I'm confident I'll do well.

"I'm relieved the deal is over the line. It's all happened quite quickly, so I'm just excited about the weeks and months ahead."

High praise and a big hint that he's coming on loan to play not to cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

I rushed this wc team this morning, looking for thoughts, trying to balance the team, about 7 changes in there, doing ****e in money league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

I rushed this wc team this morning, looking for thoughts, trying to balance the team, about 7 changes in all, doing sh1te in my money league.

Screenshot_2013-02-02-09-34-21.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

pah wrote: »
    I rushed this wc team this morning, looking for thoughts, trying to balance the team, about 7 changes in all, doing sh1te in my money league.

Screenshot_2013-02-02-09-34-21.png

Wisdom might lose his place with Enrique back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Begovic

Jose Enrique Evra Zabaleta

Bale Puncheon Mata Walcott

Podolski Sturridge RVP

Subs: Federici, Clyne, Guthrie, Gorkks

With the double gameweek i wouldnt mind some Swansea cover. Too risky getting another Liverpool player in? Gerrard/Suarez

Anyone any input?

*** I have 1 free transfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Begovic,

Zabaleta, Davies, Shawcross,

Fellaini, Walcott, Michu (VC), Mata,

Sturridge, Suarez (C), Van Persie.

Subs: Bunn, Samba, Martin R, Puncheon.

After this GW I plan on taking out Sturridge and Begovic. Maybe for Remy and Lloris or De Gea. Then I'd have free cash for future GW's to maybe take out Fellaini or Michu for Bale if needed and depending on performances.

What you guys think?

Advertisement