Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate My Team thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Not a mention for poor aul Papiss Cisse at the start of this season after all the praise he was recieving at the end of the last!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

james123 wrote: »
    What do you think of the team

Davis£4.5 Vorm£5.5
    Jones£6.0 Lescott£6.5 Jenkinson£4.5 Cuellar£4.5 Bertrand£4.5
    Guthrie£4.5 Dyer£5.5 Hazard£9.5 Pienaar£6.5 Robson-Kanu£4.5
    Rooney£12.0 Aguero£11.5 Torres£10.0

It's a bit top heavy. I'd try and balance it out more. You only need three decent defenders and you have those in Jones, Lescott and Cuellar. Jenkinson is a rotation doubt but worth taking a punt on. I don't know much about Bertrand.

The midfield is weak. Dyer, Robson Kanu and Guthrie are three poor midfielders and you are always going to have to play one of them.

Rooney, Aguero and Torres is probably as good as it gets but I'd be balancing the team out more and downgrading one of those to upgrade a midfielder.

Vorm in goals won't be as successful as last year IMO. I'd be changing him for Mignolet or Begovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

They are some good fantasy words. Ill bear that in mind, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

i'm looking to see if i can get a backline of all 4s.....i have a norwich, southampton, west ham and reading player i need one more, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Settled on this draft for the moment;

NeLRW.png

Have Torres in short term for the double game week, along with Hazard. Will probably swap them out for Rooney and Bale long term. Any suggestions for improvements?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

Fox -- Cuellar

Kompany- Clichy ( Kolarov is close to a return to Serie A as Inter Milan look to finalise a £6.2m deal).

Kagawa -- Young?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Settled on this draft for the moment;

NeLRW.png

Have Torres in short term for the double game week, along with Hazard. Will probably swap them out for Rooney and Bale long term. Any suggestions for improvements?

I suggest you balance the team better. I know there is no set way to balance the team, but I think you should do what most others are doing unless you wanna risk it. What I mean is you have two low-priced strikers and another striker who hasn't proven himself. It's very dodgy having a team with that forward line and it's dodgy having a forward-line that is so low-priced. You'll have a hard time bringing in players like Aguero/Rooney if you eventually need them. And I think you will need at least 2 top strikers. I also think you're mad starting the game with Lambert. Southampton have very tough fixtures to start the season with. If you want him, I'd leave him out for the first 3 odd weeks, then bring him in.

I kinda went off my point about balance there, sorry. What I'm saying is, for example...... you have a weak defence of all 4.5er's, except for Kompany who stands out at 7.5. How about you "Downgrade" Kompany to someone like Clichy and free up 1.5. Than you can upgrade one of the 4.5 defenders for someone like Kaboul or a Liverpool defender (if you're willing to chance it) or another United defender in Ferdinand. Than you have 2 strong defenders as opposed to 1, with no losses except for Kompany's guarantee of starting.

There is also great options for midfielders in the 5 - 6.0 price range. I'd honestly get rid of one of Kagawa, Silva and Hazard for someone like Maloney than use all the left-over money on getting Aguero/Cisse or Rooney for Lambert. There's my take on the team. Use it if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

How do you upload the images?? Should really know this stuff by now:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Friedel

Evra Walker Clichy

Bale (V) Arteta Kagawa Larsson

Zamora Rooney (C) Ba

FatRat wrote: »
    I suggest you balance the team better. I know there is no set way to balance the team, but I think you should do what most others are doing unless you wanna risk it. What I mean is you have two low-priced strikers and another striker who hasn't proven himself. It's very dodgy having a team with that forward line and it's dodgy having a forward-line that is so low-priced. You'll have a hard time bringing in players like Aguero/Rooney if you eventually need them. And I think you will need at least 2 top strikers. I also think you're mad starting the game with Lambert. Southampton have very tough fixtures to start the season with. If you want him, I'd leave him out for the first 3 odd weeks, then bring him in.

I kinda went off my point about balance there, sorry. What I'm saying is, for example...... you have a weak defence of all 4.5er's, except for Kompany who stands out at 7.5. How about you "Downgrade" Kompany to someone like Clichy and free up 1.5. Than you can upgrade one of the 4.5 defenders for someone like Kaboul or a Liverpool defender (if you're willing to chance it) or another United defender in Ferdinand. Than you have 2 strong defenders as opposed to 1, with no losses except for Kompany's guarantee of starting.

There is also great options for midfielders in the 5 - 6.0 price range. I'd honestly get rid of one of Kagawa, Silva and Hazard for someone like Maloney than use all the left-over money on getting Aguero/Cisse or Rooney for Lambert. There's my take on the team. Use it if you will.

Cheers for the idea's. I was going to swap out Torres for Rooney after the first game week so i might try to move things around to get Rooney in from the start.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the idea's. I was going to swap out Torres for Rooney after the first game week so i might try to move things around to get Rooney in from the start.

I'd drop Ben Arfa too. He's expensive at 7.5 for what he offers. There's better value available at 6.5 like Pienaar when he completes Everton move.

Based on the feed back from FatRat and Lemlin, I've revised to this;

orLvQ.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Based on the feed back from FatRat and Lemlin, I've revised to this;

orLvQ.png

Very solid imo. Also very similar to my team :pac: Just have to wait and see if Everton sign Pienaar.

Very solid imo. Also very similar to my team :pac: Just have to wait and see if Everton sign Pienaar.

Yea i think Pienaar's stock could go way up if that move happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just a note to those considering Kagawa,he ran the show for United in today's preseason game & scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

zerks wrote: »
    Just a note to those considering Kagawa,he ran the show for United in today's preseason game & scored.

Set up by Bebe as well. He's so much of a bargain that he's not even listed in the game.

scholes was putting on a show of masterclass in tackling in the 2nd half......:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I said it earlier in the month...his price is an absolute joke. He hit the post in the last game too. Wait until his defense splitting passes get picked up by Rooney, Valencia and Rooney...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I said it earlier in the month...his price is an absolute joke. He hit the post in the last game too. Wait until his defense splitting passes get picked up by Rooney, Valencia and Rooney...

Perhaps we shouldn't tell people how good he is & save him as a points magnet for ourselves.
    Myself & Manual Man started the Siggurdson bandwagon last season while people stated they would "wait & see how he'd adapt after his move to Swansea".Kagawa could be the same & 8.5 might turn out to be a steal.

Threw this team together there in a few minutes. It's gonna change a lot. I'm not happy with my bench and one of my front 3 will be changed to free up some cash.

419e8406fe82d5c12321500b9cbf433e.png?1343228539

• Advertisement

Perhaps we shouldn't tell people how good he is & save him as a points magnet for ourselves.
    Myself & Manual Man started the Siggurdson bandwagon last season while people stated they would "wait & see how he'd adapt after his move to Swansea".Kagawa could be the same & 8.5 might turn out to be a steal.

I still have worries about him getting his place. SAF may decide to bring him in on a softly, softly approach. The Independent reckon that United were playing Shenhue Shenghai's (or however you spell it) second team.

He cost 14 million so he'd want to be running the show against them to be honest. I'll wait and see how he fares against a tough Everton team on the first day of the season.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I still have worries about him getting his place. SAF may decide to bring him in on a softly, softly approach. The Independent reckon that United were playing Shenhue Shenghai's (or however you spell it) second team.

He cost 14 million so he'd want to be running the show against them to be honest. I'll wait and see how he fares against a tough Everton team on the first day of the season.
    there in the middle of their season so they played the 2nd string team, they have a league match on saturday. Anelka was rested and drogba has a back injury. still they gave united reserves a game.
    liverpool v roma tonight at 23:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'll be waiting on Kagawa. Another thing to consider, is the marketing side of things. It's obvious he's a big pull in China, so it's no surprise he started in that friendly. doesn't necessarily mean he'll start against Everton. I'll wait, the last thing you want is to be suckered by a fergie mind game punch on day 1 :pac:

manual_man wrote: »
    I'll be waiting on Kagawa. Another thing to consider, is the marketing side of things. It's obvious he's a big pull in China, so it's no surprise he started in that friendly. doesn't necessarily mean he'll start against Everton. I'll wait, the last thing you want is to be suckered by a fergie mind game punch on day 1 :pac:

Ah here. Don't be one of those people that believes that marketing nonsense with regard to Kagawa.

The chap is insanely good. It's no surprise that he started because he's one of the best players in the world in that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Just toying around in my spare time, trying to figure out where I want to spend money. This has way too much invested in the back 7, but with 2.5m to spare, this would be a pretty decent team to start with, IMO.

I guess the point I'm highlighting here is that there's plenty of value this season.

5RRT9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

carlcon wrote: »
    Just toying around in my spare time, trying to figure out where I want to spend money. This has way too much invested in the back 7, but with 2.5m to spare, this would be a pretty decent team to start with, IMO.

I guess the point I'm highlighting here is that there's plenty of value this season.

5RRT9.png

You'll need a wild card after week 1

slingerz wrote: »
    You'll need a wild card after week 1

Thanks for your input. I'll get right on those changes!

Will Sessegnon be playing up top again this season? If he is then he's one to look out for but at 8 million he's a little on the expensive side for me I think.

Will Sessegnon be playing up top again this season? If he is then he's one to look out for but at 8 million he's a little on the expensive side for me I think.
    Looking at their squad, I think he might. Personally, I won't start with him, but he'll be top of my shortlist for sure. If Sunderland are quiet until the window closes, he should be just as much a threat this season.

This could also be a big season for McClean. Possibly the bigger Sunderland bargain.

• Advertisement

Looking at their squad, I think he might. Personally, I won't start with him, but he'll be top of my shortlist for sure. If Sunderland are quiet until the window closes, he should be just as much a threat this season.

Yea I had a look myself and he'll surely be up top. And with Larsson and McClean on the wings supplying him with crosses he'll be fine.

Yea I had a look myself and he'll surely be up top. And with Larsson and McClean on the wings supplying him with crosses he'll be fine.
    I was a huge Larsson fanboy last season up until Sess became awesome. Could be a coincidence, but Larsson just faded out as Sess became the main threat. For that reason it'll be Mcclean and Sess on my radar for FF to start.

(Apologies for the treble post - stupid phone internet connection)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Hopefully this screengrab works. Anyway here's my team, all critique welcome.

Will normally go with Krul as first choice keeper. Kind of feeling like my subs are lacking, any suggestions on a compromise between better subs/cheaper defence?

bb01e8aabacdfc5423ec0caabd199399.png

Sugar Free wrote: »

Will normally go with Krul as first choice keeper. Kind of feeling like my subs are lacking, any suggestions on a compromise between better subs/cheaper defence?

If you switch Mignolet and Walker for Friedel and a 5m Sunderland defender, you'll have the same 2 teams covered in defence with 1m left over to spend elsewhere.

Walker's a bit pricey at 6.5, IMO. Especially with only 1 assist last season.

That's assuming Friedel is still first choice at 41 years young. If not, Spurs have even cheaper keepers in wait.

And maybe Britton for Frei? (I have no idea how much Frei will play, so maybe ignore this).

That'll allow either one or two of the likes of Coloccini, Shawcross, Harte/Shorey, etc into your team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Sugar Free wrote: »

bb01e8aabacdfc5423ec0caabd199399.png

Very Good team, Id swap Larsson for Michu when hes available on the site, cant see him being more than 6.5m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Thats not for a top class player these days, I mean look at Henderson and Carrolls price tags

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

manual_man wrote: »

"Kagawa" and "marketing" should never appear in the same sentence. I'm stunned by the number of people who are saying this. He was one of the best players in germany last year, scored 13 goals (0 penalties) and was at the centre of everything they did right.

Kagawa represents a monumental shift in how United are going to play football next year. We will be a first team player, not a squad player. I think Everton away will be tough but Fulham at home in GW2 will be very interesting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

So here's my first draft for 2012/13. I think like a few others have said, I'm not 100% happy with my subs and think I could get caught out by injuries. Any comments/suggestions are much appreciated.

ffteam2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Looking at teams on this thread and others I see a distinct lack of David Silva. Am I in the minority in picking him?

5RRT9.png

Can you post in text for those of us without images?

Just a note for some people, you may get more replies to your teams if you post them in text or even text and a screen grab. I'm in work and computer doesn't load images. I'm sure some others are in the same predicament.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Looking at teams on this thread and others I see a distinct lack of David Silva. Am I in the minority in picking him?

Like van Persie, he looked tired towards the end of last season and during the Euros. I'll be waiting until he has a form week before bringing him in but will be including at least one mid at his value though so the money is there.

He's a fantastic player but, with all the midfield options at City, not to mention forwards, I could see Mancini resting him the first few weeks of the season.

• Advertisement

Thats not for a top class player these days, I mean look at Henderson and Carrolls price tags

My point though was how much are the Shenhue Shanghai second team worth? NOt a fraction of 14 million I'd imagine.

As for Henderson and Carroll, you forgot to mention Downing but let's not go there with Kenny's Crazy Prices!

Can you post in text for those of us without images?

Just a note for some people, you may get more replies to your teams if you post them in text or even text and a screen grab. I'm in work and computer doesn't load images. I'm sure some others are in the same predicament.

But the images look so nice with all their bright colours :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Here's my first draft for 2012/13 (Text Only Version)

I think like a few others have said, I'm not 100% happy with my subs and think I could get caught out by injuries.

Any comments/suggestions are much appreciated.
    de Gea

Shawcross - Simpson - Fabio - Cole, A

Pienaar - Kagawa - Hazard

Ba - Rooney (V) - Aguero (C)

Subs: Jaaskelainen Frei Cork Barnett

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

d9248f226d070f8e8b779334029d8eb7.png?1343300542

First go at posting a pic, yay!
    Not happy with keepers and maybe one top midf too many but loath to change any of the three. Any thoughts welcomed...

Here's my first draft for 2012/13 (Text Only Version)

I think like a few others have said, I'm not 100% happy with my subs and think I could get caught out by injuries.

Any comments/suggestions are much appreciated.
    de Gea

Shawcross - Simpson - Fabio - Cole, A

Pienaar - Kagawa - Hazard

Ba - Rooney (V) - Aguero (C)

Subs: Jaaskelainen Frei Cork Barnett

From your starting line up I'd be a little concerned about Pienaar and Ba. They both need to move to increase their chances of being a good quality FF player, Pienaar especially.

I think De Gea is a little on the expensive side. You could possibly get a cheaper keeper and use the spare cash to get Rafael in as your United cover. They have a few injuries at the moment in their defence and I have a good feeling that he'll play this season, although that depends on how he gets on at the Olympics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

From your starting line up I'd be a little concerned about Pienaar and Ba. They both need to move to increase their chances of being a good quality FF player, Pienaar especially.

A few people here, including myself, have Pienaar in their FF team and that is because we are all banking on him moving back to Everton where he will play regularly and perform better.

I don't think anyone here will be keeping him if he stays with Tottenham.

BKC wrote: »
    A few people here, including myself, have Pienaar in their FF team and that is because we are all banking on him moving back to Everton where he will play regularly and perform better.

I don't think anyone here will be keeping him if he stays with Tottenham.

I'm aware of that and he could be a great player to have now that Cahill is gone from the scene.

I read today that QPR and Sunderland are trying to get in on the act as well. What with Everton and Spurs not agreeing a fee and the player and club not agreeing personal terms I think this may drag on a bit. If it's done in the next week or two then he's a good option. If it isn't then I'd be a little wary.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

214736.png

3rd draft. help me! opinions people?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

RB100 wrote: »
    214736.png

3rd draft. help me! opinions people?

looks fairly good to me; you have no city player in your front 8 tho, may let you down on that front. Maybe Aguero for Rooney would correct that.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Skippy44 wrote: »
    looks fairly good to me; you have no city player in your front 8 tho, may let you down on that front. Maybe Aguero for Rooney would correct that.
    yea that's true. but i don't really want get rid of rooney because I think he will score big at the start like last season and last season I got him in when it was to late!

• Advertisement
Advertisement