Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mountain bike

• 19-07-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

Is this bike worth fixing up or should I upgrade it? It is a few years old but has been rarely used. Gears and brakes have to be fixed on it. Would like to have a mountain bike to go to areas where my road bike cant go.

http://db.tt/vqIeBkqE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

No good for mountain biking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Gavin wrote: »
    No good for mountain biking

The mountain biking I would be on about would be travelling through rough and hilly roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭kenmc

use a road bike then

kenmc wrote: »
    use a road bike then

I mean potholes all over the road and rough terrain. Definately that road surface wouldnt be suitable for road bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Full suspension MTB for €200? Wouldn't be worth wasting any more money on.

Give that any rough use it'll break your heart

teednab-el wrote: »
    Is this bike worth fixing up or should I upgrade it? It is a few years old but has been rarely used. Gears and brakes have to be fixed on it. Would like to have a mountain bike to go to areas where my road bike cant go.

http://db.tt/vqIeBkqE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

That bike will never go where a road bike couldn't go. It'd have great difficulty going where I road bike goes as well. It's not a machine designed for actual use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Great bike for the rough roads, you won't even feel the bumps! Just make sure the tyres have at least 60psi in them to ensure the suspension can iron out the potholes perfectly!
    And make sure you fit a good set of Spd pedals so you don't fall off when you hit a pothole....

:D

I got this bike from a friend, Its so horrible looking and weighs a tonne also. I would be away fitter if I started taking it for spins. Might do the ring of Kerry on it next year as well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

I got this bike from a friend, Its so horrible looking and weighs a tonne also. I would be away fitter if I started taking it for spins. Might do the ring of Kerry on it next year as well :D

Training on such a heavy bike will make you win the Ring a Rosey, there's a special category in that race for someone on a bike like yours...

CaptRobau wrote: »
    It'd have great difficulty going where I road bike goes as well. It's not a machine designed for actual use. g.gif

Should I throw it into a skip or if a bought a decent MTB in a bike shop could I offload this one?

• Advertisement

Tenzor07 wrote: »

Training on such a heavy bike will make you win the Ring a Rosey, there's a special category in that race for someone on a bike like yours...

That bike would definately stand out though from the crowd in the Ring of Kerry. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Egan2012

Should I throw it into a skip or if a bought a decent MTB in a bike shop could I offload this one?

Off load to the skip lad. I was going to do up a mountain bike last year and when I added up what I was spending I just ended up buying a new Trek.

Advertisement