Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Experia Ray overheating

Options
  • 19-07-2012 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭

I purchased from Amazon a few months ago a new unlocked Sony Experia Ray.

I noticed pas t week it is getting extremely hot like dangerously hot, it gets very little use as its a backup phone.

Any tips please perhaps I should look up sending back to Amazon seller?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The Xperia mini does this and the only fix is to root the phone and run a script. Theres no fix from Sony.

A quick google found other people complaining about the ray too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I purchased from Amazon a few months ago a new unlocked Sony Experia Ray.

I noticed pas t week it is getting extremely hot like dangerously hot, it gets very little use as its a backup phone.

Any tips please perhaps I should look up sending back to Amazon seller?

Get one of the popular ROMs and see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lizzy27

:mad:Funny I just left my mobile in for assessment today it overheated too I got mine from 3 and its only2 months old. it got so hot when charging that I had to turn it off and cant turn it on since.I looked for a replacement and was told that had to be repaired under warrenty IS this correct? anyone any idea?

Advertisement