Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere for lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves in D2?

Options
  • 19-07-2012 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere around Dublin 2, or Dublin 1, one could buy lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves?

It is for a thai chicken curry which I was surprised to learn does not contain curry powder!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Yes, the amazing Asian food shop on George's Street - they stock EVERYTHING!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Merkin wrote: »
    Yes, the amazing Asian food shop on George's Street - they stock EVERYTHING!

Thanks!

So they are not something you can pick up in main stream supermarkets then?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

These can be bought in any asian supermarket around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tornaido

was in tesco today (albeit in cork city).. and they had proper lemon grass and related ingredients, selling for about 3-4euro/packet....

1st time I noticed them tbh, but they're proper ingredients - I picked up the lemongrass packet to take a look and was v. impressed - 100% natural - but was only shoppin for beer so left it :p

Advertisement