Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron 530S Video card upgrade

Options
  • 19-07-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys,

I've been looking into putting a bit more oomph into my Dell and want to upgrade to a newer video card. Of course the problem is that the 530S uses a low profile case and a 250w psu.:(

Here's the system info:

Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    Model Inspiron: 530s
    Total amount of system memory: 4.00 GB RAM
    System type: 32-bit operating system
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
    64-bit capable: Yes

Display adapter type: ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
    Total available graphics memory: 1663 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory: 256 MB
    Dedicated system memory: 0 MB
    Shared system memory: 1407 MB
    Display adapter driver version: 8.881.0.0
    Primary monitor resolution: 1920x1080
    DirectX version DirectX: 10

Here are a few of the cards I've come up with so far:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VTX3D-Radeon-Graphics-GDDR5-Express/dp/B008J1MO3S/ref=sr_1_47?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1342723394&sr=1-47

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102874

I'm just wondering if anyone has any further suggestion or knows of any compatibility issues that might cause any major problems.

Thanks in advance for your help!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Newegg don't ship to Ireland.

Honestly, who bother with the Dell? If you were to pony up a bit more funds you could get a system much faster than the one you have now.

You'd kinda be flushing money down the drain if you were to try and put something like a HD7750 in your system as it would be held back by everything else.

Your PSU is quite small and your system isn't exactly brand new, so personally I wouldn't risk it. That said, the HD7750 is extremely frugal when it comes to power consumption, so it's your call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 conwako

Thank you for your response:)
    Eboggles wrote: »
    Honestly, who bother with the Dell? If you were to pony up a bit more funds you could get a system much faster than the one you have now.

I'm afraid i have neither the need nor the cash to invest in a completely new pc, but thanks anyway. I'm just looking to prolong its useful (for me) life a little, so I'll give the 7750 consideration.

Advertisement