Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East End Hotel

Options
  • 19-07-2012 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

I hear its closed again............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Aquila wrote: »
    If that's true is anyone genuinely surprised?you dont have a link or anything op?

Suprised ?? not at all

No link i was just told about it and a local was having a small wedding there in 3 weeks, i feel sorry for the couple.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

yeah, closed up its doors with no notice.

aslan supposed to play there next week i think.

luckily i think that local found another venue, but extremely bad form from the owners. Personally i havent given any custom to it since john ryan left it.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    yeah, closed up its doors with no notice.

aslan supposed to play there next week i think.

luckily i think that local found another venue, but extremely bad form from the owners. Personally i havent given any custom to it since john ryan left it.

My wife's family are the same and my mother in law always said how good it was when he was there. 2 of my in laws got married there in the past.

Good to hear they got sorted with another venue, my wife knows the bride i think !

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Gosh, long time no mention of this fine establishment? Heard there was some colorful people involved in the leasing for this place and if they fecked off it would not at all be a surprise.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

I was going to go back to the old thread but it had its last posting in 2010 so its a zombie at this stage !

All the hype and promises................:rolleyes:

I was going to go back to the old thread but it had its last posting in 2010 so its a zombie at this stage !

All the hype and promises................:rolleyes:

LOL :D if I recall the lease holders or someone connected began to post on that old thread? they must be Scarlet's!

Dempo1 wrote: »
    LOL :D if I recall the lease holders or someone connected began to post on that old thread? they must be Scarlet's!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Heard from a third-party (so can't confirm if it's true) that some of the rooms were occupied by certain ladies of a particular vocation...

Roaster wrote: »
    Heard from a third-party (so can't confirm if it's true) that some of the rooms were occupied by certain ladies of a particular vocation...

nuns on the run ?

• Advertisement

nuns on the run ?

Always thought it would make a nice Convent, LOL.

That said, took a look at some reviews of this place on Tripadvisor, pretty shocking stuff and no wonder this place is closed, rarely do individuals get named in reviews but the Manager seemed to be quite the thug with some damning comments about his aggression and rudeness, good luck to him seeking new employment, my advice? don't mention your worked here in applications.

Pretty shocking stuff, i have dealt with tripadvisor over the years and rarely have i seen such grim remarks about a particular member of staff. Like or loath tripadvisor it is the travel bible and these reviews certainly did not help this hotels reputation. It begs the question as to how the lease holder or whomever was employing this Jody Character did not act, that said perhaps he was one of the tenants. Grim reading.

Advertisement