Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Premier League

• 19-07-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hey guys

Its back at last! I have setup the official boards fantasy football league and as always the league is open to all boardsie's until mid September (to ensure its only boards.ie regulars joining).

The league code is as follows:
    19500-6999

Hopefully we can do as well as the past few years, good luck to all!

Regards
    James

League approved by our soccer moderator Thanx 4 The Fish!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

jamesozzie wrote: »
    Hey guys

Its back at last! I have setup the official boards fantasy football league and as always the league is open to all boardsie's until mid September (to ensure its only boards.ie regulars joining).

The league code is as follows:
    19500-6999

Hopefully we can do as well as the past few years, good luck to all!

Regards
    James

League approved by our soccer moderator Thanx 4 The Fish!
    Nice work James. I'm in. An early (and VERY rough) draft of my team;

bT0OP.png

That is extremely liable to change before mid August!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

For those who don't know, there is a Fantasy Sports forum here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

In

You should link to this also on the Fantasy Sports Arena forum as well James. May as well have one overall huge Boards league as usual, even though I'm sure there will be plenty of smaller ones too

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

KevIRL wrote: »
    In

You should link to this also on the Fantasy Sports Arena forum as well James. May as well have one overall huge Boards league as usual, even though I'm sure there will be plenty of smaller ones too

consider it done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

My (provisional) team.....

483907_324015914357995_1237376859_n.jpg

Edit - Haha - will probably change my vice-captain!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

im in...kinda gave up on the one last year.
    Will make a better attempt this time round

TlX5r.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

This is my first proper go at fantasy football, have a very rough draft set up, although I got hung up on their scores from last season, so it's likely to change with transfers and such.

K9vOu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

First attempt at my team below. Pretty happy with it so far, might take Kagawa out for the first few weeks though until I see if he's being played centrally or stuck out on the wing. Will bring in Michu too once his transfer is gone through.

FF-7.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

In

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

richieffff wrote: »
    This is my first proper go at fantasy football, have a very rough draft set up, although I got hung up on their scores from last season, so it's likely to change with transfers and such.

K9vOu.jpg

That's a pretty bad team. Defensive midfielders are FF death, Dzeko wont play and you have no Chelsea or United players. Get rid of Lucas, Fellaini, Parker and Song. Dempsey is a good player to have but the Coates probably wont start for Liverpool either. I'm guessing you are a Liverpool fan by your team? Far too much bias shown, you have to be ruthless in FF. Spend as little as possible on defenders and stack your team with the best attacking players in the league. Suarez is good but have you seen Liverpool's fixtures? I'd recommend you go back to the drawing board.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    That's a pretty bad team. Defensive midfielders are FF death, Dzeko wont play and you have no Chelsea or United players. Get rid of Lucas, Fellaini, Parker and Song. Dempsey is a good player to have but the Coates probably wont start for Liverpool either. I'm guessing you are a Liverpool fan by your team? Far too much bias shown, you have to be ruthless in FF. Spend as little as possible on defenders and stack your team with the best attacking players in the league. Suarez is good but have you seen Liverpool's fixtures? I'd recommend you go back to the drawing board.

You guessed right, Liverpool fan and there was a lot of bias when picking the team :o
    I'll remove the suggested players and change up the defence for a lower cost. I'll be sure to fill in the midfield with some Chelsea and United players.

Thanks for the Advice, might have been a pretty painful start to season.

EDIT: Revised team. I did however leave Suarez in and ran out of money for a fourth and fifth high quality midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

You guessed right, Liverpool fan and there was a lot of bias when picking the team :o
    I'll remove the suggested players and change up the defence for a lower cost. I'll be sure to fill in the midfield with some Chelsea and United players.

Thanks for the Advice, might have been a pretty painful start to season.

EDIT: Revised team. I did however leave Suarez in and ran out of money for a fourth and fifth high quality midfielder.

I'm only going on what I saw last season but Suarez isn't a good option for FF. He was probably the most frustrating player in the game last year. He could be world class in a game and still not score. His finishing is diabolically bad for a player of his talent.

Bendtner is a big no for me. He was great in the Euros but I can't see him having any impact at Arsenal this season. They've just signed Podolski and Giroud. If RVP leaves then I'd imagine that those two will be starting.

Nani is another hit and miss player. With the confusion surrounding his contract and the proposed bid for Lucas Moura I'd avoid him at the moment. If that passes over and he nails a starting spot then he's definitely worth a look. He's potentially the best player in the game when he's on form. Maybe Kagawa instead of him?

Ramires was great last season but will he play as much this season? Chelsea have invested heavily in their midfield and they have probably the best midfield in the game. I'd wait a few games just to see who is starting and who isn't.

Get rid of Henderson. I appreciate that you're a Liverpool fan and all that but you can't let that bias get the better of you. He will get no significant points next season. If he starts he's destined for 2 appearance points in each game with a possibility of an extra point if L'Pool get a CS. He may seem tempting at 6 million but there are way better options out there than him.

Cisse is a bit too expensive for me. I'm gonna wait a few weeks to see how he's getting on. Newcastle could revert to type next season.

Having both Krul and Vorm in your team is pretty expensive. I'd look at offloading one of them and keeping the other. Look for a 2nd keeper in the 4-4.5 bracket. You'll save a good bit and it shouldn't hurt you points-wise.

Your defence seems fine. If I was you I'd get rid of either Koscielny or Kaboul and buy Lescott/Kompany. You'd be mad not to have one of them. If they stay fit then they will hoover up points.

Don't be put off by my points. You won't get it right first time around and you'll find yourself changing your team up until 10 o'clock on the morning of the deadline. That's part of the fun of it all.

My team at the moment is muck. I'm just messing around seeing what players I can fit in. There's still 3 and a half weeks to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

BKC wrote: »
    For those who don't know, there is a Fantasy Sports forum here.

Just for clarity, is this the one and only boards.ie fantasy league being created or are there usually several? I want to join this year but I don't want to be in multiple leagues, just the main one.

I'm only going on what I saw last season but Suarez isn't a good option for FF. He was probably the most frustrating player in the game last year. He could be world class in a game and still not score. His finishing is diabolically bad for a player of his talent.

Ok I think I'll leave Suarez out, I have to agree that his finishing last season was terrible to say the least. If he starts finding the net I may transfer him back in after a couple of weeks.
    Bendtner is a big no for me. He was great in the Euros but I can't see him having any impact at Arsenal this season. They've just signed Podolski and Giroud. If RVP leaves then I'd imagine that those two will be starting.

I picked Bendtner based on his Euro performance, but yeah you're right, I don't see any position with for him on a regualar basis especially with the new signings. I've actually added Podolski in his place, might be a bit risky since I've no idea how he'll perform in the Arsenal team, but I figure he's worth the risk.
    Nani is another hit and miss player. With the confusion surrounding his contract and the proposed bid for Lucas Moura I'd avoid him at the moment. If that passes over and he nails a starting spot then he's definitely worth a look. He's potentially the best player in the game when he's on form. Maybe Kagawa instead of him?

Kagawa in Nani out, I was already debating which I should have put in on the last change up.
    Ramires was great last season but will he play as much this season? Chelsea have invested heavily in their midfield and they have probably the best midfield in the game. I'd wait a few games just to see who is starting and who isn't.

I think I'll leave him for the start of the season, his performance was great last season and for that I'd hope he'll get a regular place on the team but if not I can transfer him out
    Get rid of Henderson. I appreciate that you're a Liverpool fan and all that but you can't let that bias get the better of you. He will get no significant points next season. If he starts he's destined for 2 appearance points in each game with a possibility of an extra point if L'Pool get a CS. He may seem tempting at 6 million but there are way better options out there than him.

Alright Henderson is out. No more bias from here on in (well I'll try anyway). I've replaced him with Yaya Toure. Safe enough bet?
    Cisse is a bit too expensive for me. I'm gonna wait a few weeks to see how he's getting on. Newcastle could revert to type next season.

I do agree that he's pretty expensive, I'll remove him and do as you are and wait a few weeks.
    Having both Krul and Vorm in your team is pretty expensive. I'd look at offloading one of them and keeping the other. Look for a 2nd keeper in the 4-4.5 bracket. You'll save a good bit and it shouldn't hurt you points-wise.

Thanks for the tip here, have Vorm out and filled the spot with a cheaper keeper (Ruddy). The extra cash came in handy.
    Your defence seems fine. If I was you I'd get rid of either Koscielny or Kaboul and buy Lescott/Kompany. You'd be mad not to have one of them. If they stay fit then they will hoover up points.

I put Lescott in for Koscielny, I figure Man City's defence will leak less goals than Arsenals.
    Don't be put off by my points. You won't get it right first time around and you'll find yourself changing your team up until 10 o'clock on the morning of the deadline. That's part of the fun of it all.

My team at the moment is muck. I'm just messing around seeing what players I can fit in. There's still 3 and a half weeks to go.

I'm not put off at all,this was exactly what I needed to stop picking lower quality players, thanks for the great help. And you're definitely right, I'll probably be changing the team around right up until the end .

Thanks to yourself and Liam O for all the help, I may pick up some decent points this season. Team 3.0

EDIT: How would Borini be as a forward in place of Crouch? With the amount of chances Liverpool create he could rack up some points.

Mountain of good advice

What you make of my updated effort so Jimmy???

7637146314_7f89b384a3.jpg

I have Suarez in myself this season. Although I do plan on this only being for the first game and then sub him out for week 2. You have to remember in FF that it's purely about this season. Liverpool were very unlucky last season and if not for their start being horrible after the first game I'd have 2 or 3 probably in the team. I feel with Borini there at the very least making space for Suarez he could shine. I think Liverpool may rack up a decent score against WBA though so I'm keeping him for the first week. Torres was muck last season but I have him in for this one as I think he'll come good.

Just on your team there, I wouldn't play Hernandez, good chance he'll be limited to sub appearances this season. Goalkeepers and defense are ok. Yaya plays as City's deepest midfielder so wont be among goals too much but he could be decent. There are a lot of players in that price range who I'd rate higher though.

The way I have it is in midfield I have 2 cheap players off newly promoted teams who I think will do well in Collison and Guthrie. This allows me to have 3 players beside them over 8.5 who'll be stars for teams in the top 4. Nobody in my defense is over 4.5m but this is a big risk. However it worked last season and once the season starts a few good cheap options will reveal themselves again no doubt as they did last season. Having a cheap defense and 2 cheap midfielders has allowed me to have 6 top quality players in my attack. This is just me and players like Crouch, Dempsey, Kagawa and Podolski are good choices in your midfield and attack richie. Ramires is potentially good but if you take out Yaya, Hernandez and someone else you can afford to get a Silva/Hazard/Mata and good striker with a cheap midfielder.

You have to remember that only 11 players will be playing on a given week. You need players who can come in and do a job but the high level players will score points no matter who they are playing no matter what week so you have to move mountains to get these guys who are going to get 20 goals or 20 assists in a season as the bulk of your score will come from these players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

alproctor wrote: »

Decent team whos on the bench ? Only 1 id be concerned about is Song he made load of assists last season but will he keep it up ? Im not sure

Try get some chelsea players in they have a double gameweek right at the start could get yourself of to a flyer with a couple of their players .

Cheers for that one al, had feckin Anton Ferdinand in my team and Fabio was there for the same price. :rolleyes:

Gone for Collison over Nolan, Nolan will probably be good but Noble and Collison are worth an extra million less imo. You could probably get a better player than Song for that money too although he does get forward regularly he is still Arsenal's most defensive player.

Nice one lads - will prob have a bit more of a fiddle with it before we kick off anyway!

Edit - my bench is ****e!!!!!

425043_325758390850414_682553406_n.jpg

Edit 2 - Just swapped Pogrebnyak in for Bothroyd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I'm in too, won't post up team yet as it's still rough, needs some fine tuning nearer start of season :)

• Advertisement

Ok I think I'll leave Suarez out, I have to agree that his finishing last season was terrible to say the least. If he starts finding the net I may transfer him back in after a couple of weeks.

Definitely. If he can figure out how to score then he's the perfect player to have. It'll be interesting to see what the new manager brings to the team and whether that results in more goals/assists for Suarez.
    I picked Bendtner based on his Euro performance, but yeah you're right, I don't see any position with for him on a regualar basis especially with the new signings. I've actually added Podolski in his place, might be a bit risky since I've no idea how he'll perform in the Arsenal team, but I figure he's worth the risk.

Keep an eye on whether Bendtner moves club. If he moves on loan or permanently to another team lower down in the league then he might be worth a shot. He scored 8 goals last year and got 6 assists. That's a pretty decent return for someone of his price.
    I think I'll leave him for the start of the season, his performance was great last season and for that I'd hope he'll get a regular place on the team but if not I can transfer him out

Well they have two games in the first week and I'm sure he'll play at least one so you shouldn't lose out much there.
    Alright Henderson is out. No more bias from here on in (well I'll try anyway). I've replaced him with Yaya Toure. Safe enough bet?

It's safe alright but I don't think it's the greatest option. He costs 8 million and plays pretty defensively. I know he chips in with the odd goal but you should be looking at players playing further up the pitch or on the wings. The way I view the game is to try and fit as many attacking players into your team. Having a defensive player in there is a waste.

Look up Sessegnon and see how he's doing. If he plays as a forward, or just off the front man, again this year then he'd be a better option. Check out Victor Moses as well. He's central to everything Wigan do and one of the best wingers in the league.
    Thanks for the tip here, have Vorm out and filled the spot with a cheaper keeper (Ruddy). The extra cash came in handy.

Ha I fell for the Ruddy mistake last year. He's a great keeper and deserved his call up to the England squad before that unfortunate accident. I don't think he's a great FF player though. He kept 2/3 CSs all last season. That Norwich defence is terrible.

Begovic/Sorenson might be an option. Whoever starts.
    I put Lescott in for Koscielny, I figure Man City's defence will leak less goals than Arsenals.

I'd be incredibly surprised if that wasn't the case.
    Thanks to yourself and Liam O for all the help, I may pick up some decent points this season. Team 3.0

EDIT: How would Borini be as a forward in place of Crouch? With the amount of chances Liverpool create he could rack up some points.

I'd leave out Hernandez. He slipped a little in the pecking order last year. With all the speculation around RVP moving to United I think it'd be best to avoid anyone other than Rooney for the moment.

Nice enough team. Fabio is a good call in defence. Could be worth a few points and very cheap.

Nolan and Song stick out as the weak links. Song is quite cheap but I'm not fully convinced about him going forward. If RVP leaves then I expect his assists to take a hit. They had an almost telepathic partnership than resulted in a lot of assists.
    Nice one lads - will prob have a bit more of a fiddle with it before we kick off anyway!

Edit - my bench is ****e!!!!!

425043_325758390850414_682553406_n.jpg

Edit 2 - Just swapped Pogrebnyak in for Bothroyd

The first rule of Fantasy Football is never pick defensive midfielders.

The second rule of Fantasy Football is always have a strong bench. Bar Pogrebnyak, who is a great pick btw, your bench is quite poor. Don't fall into the trap of picking cheap players and leaving them there for the season.

Over the season you'll find that a player might be dropped/injured/suspended and you can't afford to sell him and get him back in a few weeks later. If you have a strong bench then you'll make up for that loss and your team won't be affected.

Sigurdsson saved my season on a number of occasions last year by coming off the bench when someone else was injured. I was very lucky that it happened but it'd never have been possible had I picked a rubbish and cheap player.

Yeah but I always like to have my starting 11 with 3 defenders always means I'm gonna have two defenders on the bench. And my thinking is that if I keep the cost of them down, I can invest in higher quality in the midfielders and forwards.... Basically hoping that the points won by higher ranking midfielders and forwards would be more than what I lose out on by not having top-class defenders.

Funny you mention Song and Nolan - I've actually been juggling them in and out here for some alternatives, and it's possibly freeing up a few bob that I might be able to throw towards a better back-up defender.

Edit - Actually just copped that Jon Walters is listed as a midfielder - might not be a bad punt, considering he plays up front, and hits penalties too!

I don't really think a starting bench should be too much more than some cheap players who'll play 90 mins most weeks. For me anyway with only 4.0 and 4.5 players in defense they are interchangeable and Collison or Guthrie will be rotating as my fourth midfielder. Everyone else in my attack and midfield are top level players who I'd be disappointed in if they/their replacements didn't get over 15 goals/assists throughout the season.

The first problem I can see coming is that I'm going to start with 3 Chelsea players and in week 3 they don't have a game so I'll only have 2 transfers to fix this. I'll probably have to use 2 people on my bench that week which should still be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Dont forget about the Olympics lads , lots of players will miss the first game or two of the season depending on how they progress at the games - Suarez/Bellamy/Giggs/Mata/De Gea are just a select few who will be appearing.

Funny you mention Song and Nolan - I've actually been juggling them in and out here for some alternatives, and it's possibly freeing up a few bob that I might be able to throw towards a better back-up defender.

I didn't mean that you should try and buy a Lescott or Terry, but if you freed up a million to spread over two players then it could make a huge difference.

I'll admit I know almost nothing about Mariappa except what's on his Wikipedia page. He may prove to be a great signing but at the moment I'd like to upgrade him to a 4.5 million defender. Someone who you know will play every week. They may well end up on your bench for the whole season but if you need them then you can count on the 2/6 points.
    I don't really think a starting bench should be too much more than some cheap players who'll play 90 mins most weeks. For me anyway with only 4.0 and 4.5 players in defense they are interchangeable and Collison or Guthrie will be rotating as my fourth midfielder. Everyone else in my attack and midfield are top level players who I'd be disappointed in if they/their replacements didn't get over 15 goals/assists throughout the season.

The key is that they are playing. Everyone signed up Shane Ferguson last year because he was dirt cheap. They completely ignored the fact that he wasn't going to start a single game and was totally useless as a FF player.

Further on in the season they weren't able to get rid of him because he was so cheap and they needed to because he was preventing them from getting another Newcastle player in their team.

A certain amount of thought should go into the bench. Not as much as the starting XI but they shouldn't be picked just because they are all bargain basement players.

Hoki wrote: »
    Dont forget about the Olympics lads , lots of players will miss the first game or two of the season depending on how they progress at the games - Suarez/Bellamy/Giggs/Mata/De Gea are just a select few who will be appearing.

The Olympics end a week before the new season starts...

Mata is the only one who I'd say might be rested, he's in my team at the moment but may move him and a couple of others to get Silva in depending on how I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

The Olympics end a week before the new season starts...

Mata is the only one who I'd say might be rested, he's in my team at the moment but may move him and a couple of others to get Silva in depending on how I feel.

I know the Olympics ends before the season starts but id imagine that the players will be given a 'holiday' before they return to their clubs. Unless the premier league clubs viewed the Olympics as a form of pre season training in which the players may return directly to their clubs once their involvement ends.Here is the list of Premier League players involved at the games:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/olympics-graced-by-barclays-premier-league-stars.html
    Group A
    Great Britain
    Ryan Giggs, Tom Cleverley (Manchester United); Micah Richards (Manchester City); Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal); Steven Caulker, Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur); Daniel Sturridge, Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea); Craig Bellamy (Liverpool), Joe Allen, Scott Sinclair, Neil Taylor (Swansea City), Craig Dawson (West Bromwich Albion); Jack Cork (Southampton), James Tomkins (West Ham United).

Senegal
    Magaye Gueye (Everton); Mohamed Diame (West Ham United),

Uruguay
    Sebastian Coates, Luis Suarez (Liverpool)

Group B
    Mexico
    Giovanni Dos Santos (Tottenham Hotspur)

Republic of Korea
    Ji-Dong Wong (Sunderland); Park Chu-Young (Arsenal)

Switzerland
    Benjamin Siegrist (Aston Villa); Pajtim Kasami (Fulham)

Group C
    Brazil
    Rafael Da Silva (Manchester United); Sandro (Tottenham Hotspur)

New Zealand
    Ryan Nelson (Queens Park Rangers); Chris Wood (West Bromwich Albion)

Group D
    Spain
    David de Gea (Manchester United); Juan Mata, Oriel Romeu (Chelsea)

Honduras
    Maynor Figueroa (Wigan Athletic)

Don't see why they'd see it as anything other than pre-season, it's in England too so it may be better for some of them than the jetsetting their peers will be doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My team so far.

imagefhf.jpg

Will change this in a few weeks once the teams settle down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

RVP is a no go for me till his future is decided . If he either signs a new deal or for United or City then get him but no chance till then .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

OK I'm in: Deft Ones (Part II)

My previous four seasons can be seen by clicking on my name, last year was my worst so I'm targeting a big improvement on that.

Good luck everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

RVP is a no go for me till his future is decided . If he either signs a new deal or for United or City then get him but no chance till then .

I doubt that he'd be worth 13m at either United or City. A big reason as to why he was such a good FF player last season was because he was by far and away Arsenal's main man, almost everything they did involved him. At United/City, there would be a greater spread of goals and his relativistic value would probably be around 11.5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

I'm in as well.

Here's my current draft;

NeLRW.png

Can't decide between Torres or Rooney though. Any feedback would be appreciated

antodeco wrote: »
    My team so far.

imagefhf.jpg

Will change this in a few weeks once the teams settle down

Having Lingard is a waste. He'll be lucky to get a few minutes during the season unless there is a sudden spate of injuries that decimates the midfield. Try for someone in the 4.5-5 million range that actually starts games. You will need him during the season.

No point in having 2 Norwich forwards up front either.Get rid of at least one.

Hart is way way too expensive to have in my opinion. Better off getting a cheaper keeper and investing that money elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I had been thinking that, but I'm trying to look at it from a value point of view to allow me 'upgrade' after about a month without running out of money. I think I will remove Lingard though, you make a valid point!

I don't know why I actually picked two Norwich Strikers. Doesn't make sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I'm in as well.

Here's my current draft;

NeLRW.png

Barnett's a long way from being 1st choice.

When will the game put Michu in??? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I've never really given this a serious go, but I'm gonna aim to do better this season. Here's my (preliminary) team;

dbqfwk.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

I'm in as well.

Here's my current draft;

NeLRW.png

Speaking as a Saints fan, you should look at our open fixtures. :(

Fox could be a good long term option, he takes some free kicks & corners. Jos scored a few last season & was in my first draft. I have a feeling that Rodriguez might outscore Rickie Lambert this year, but as others have said you cant let club loyalties influence our FF decisions, so NO Saints players in my team before GW5.

That said Clyne is in my current draft :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Speaking as a Saints fan, you should look at our open fixtures. :(

Fox could be a good long term option, he takes some free kicks & corners. Jos scored a few last season & was in my first draft. I have a feeling that Rodriguez might outscore Rickie Lambert this year, but as others have said you cant let club loyalties influence our FF decisions, so NO Saints players in my team before GW5.

That said Clyne is in my current draft :)

Is Clyne a definate to be 1st choice RB? I heard he played RW in a recent friendly, is there any chance he could play there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'm in, bitches!!
    Top 50 last season and I stopped playing for the last 2 months. Hopefully I'll improve on that this season and leave yis all in my dust!! :D

Bring it on!!!

PS, Aguero or RvP?? ;)

Aguero v RVP??

Considering the uncertainty of van Persie's future, there is only one choice, to be honest!

Aguero v RVP??

Considering the uncertainty of van Persie's future, there is only one choice, to be honest!

Even if you ignore the contract speculation there is only one option imo. RVP is over-priced this year. One good thing about Rooney's "poor" season last year is that he's still relatively cheap at 12. There's almost no point in going for RVP at 13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Is Clyne a definate to be 1st choice RB? I heard he played RW in a recent friendly, is there any chance he could play there?

I doubt Clyne will be moved midfield, although we are fairly light in the RW position. Guly (Guilherme £5.5) could do well in the prem & has been used up front. Puncheon has been doing well in preseason. He could be a 4.5M bargain but bare in mind that he has not been wanted by the club over the last 2 years when he hasn't been on loan he's been mainly training on his own. Then there is De Ridder who will be used there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

So far. Sure to change entirely before the season:

screenshot20120728at095.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

id take lucas out of that teams he offers very little in terms of fantasy football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Eden Hazard is a must for a Midfielder
    because he will most likely be playing behind the striker & has played well at pre-season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

MD1990 wrote: »
    Eden Hazard is a must for a Midfielder
    because he will most likely be playing behind the striker & has played well at pre-season
    But has he been tested at PL football? I'll be holding out on the Hazard bandwagon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

If anybody wants a one page viewer-friendly list of each club's first 10 fixtures, let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    But has he been tested at PL football? I'll be holding out on the Hazard bandwagon.
    obviously not since he was with Lille
    really good players like Hazard can play in any league

• Advertisement
Advertisement