Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Premier League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

bohsman wrote: »
    Depends on a few more factors, if you didn't do your homework and now have 5 or so Reading/Chelsea players along with a few cheap players that didn't get gametime in week1 it's well worth playing.

I'd you didn't do your homework then I've no sympathy ;)

Interestingly, the home page of the site now shows a total of how many wildcards have been played. Looking forward to seeing the number once the window closes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Didnt fall into the Michu trap, ill wait it out and see how he fares later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

99 points.

excellent.

Jenkinson, Schwarzer, and Ivan were the handy small differentials that made a bit of a difference at the very top of my leagues.

trusting Pienaar and not going with my gut on Michu is my only real regret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I don't think playing the wildcard early is such a bad thing. Obviously playing it this early probably is, but in the past 2 seasons I've played it during the first international break and I went on to finish in the top 100 of the Boards league comfortably enough. I did get off to poor starts both those times though, and wholesale changes were needed. This season it seems I've finally picked a decent starting team (Michu ftw:D) so I'll probably hold off on playing, if you do need to play it, don't hold back. Losing points now is the same as losing points in a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

THFC wrote: »
    I don't think playing the wildcard early is such a bad thing. Obviously playing it this early probably is, but in the past 2 seasons I've played it during the first international break and I went on to finish in the top 100 of the Boards league comfortably enough. I did get off to poor starts both those times though, and wholesale changes were needed. This season it seems I've finally picked a decent starting team (Michu ftw:D) so I'll probably hold off on playing, if you do need to play it, don't hold back. Losing points now is the same as losing points in a few months.

I think there is actually a massive difference between playing it now and playing it in the International break, even though its only 2 GWs.

Once the break comes the transfer window is shut for 4 months, so we know who has signed for which team. We also have 3 full weeks of information regarding starting line-ups and what players are 'nailed on' and in what positions. Also, as a lot of players use the WC in the break as a 'tactic' you can catch reasonably significant price rises, which may come in handy later in the year.

3 weeks isn't an ideal length of time but it gives a fairer reflection of 'form' than one week does.

One week tells us nothing, there is no way Hazard will average 21 points a game, Michu 18 or Ivanovic 12 over the season...no chance whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

that first international break really is the first time anyone should use their wildcard, unless they are in a complete jock.

using it for the sake of Michu and/or Chelsea players is a bit retarded.

with regards Michu, yeah he looked great, but do we really know yet if he's worth so many people jumping on him? it may work out, but it's a bit risky using your wildcard for the sake of him.

also, Chelsea aren't playing GW3 so those getting in Hazard are relying on him raping Newcastle better than whoever they're replacing doing it over 2 games against whoever they're against. risky, and potentially quite costly.

although i do have Hazard, so that might be easy for me to say :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Vicxas wrote: »
    Didnt fall into the Michu trap, ill wait it out and see how he fares later on.

I just fell into it:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Its not a trap - its not worth a 4 point hit tho - but he scored 15 in La liga last year, top scoring midefielder, not exactly the J league or something is it. He is playing just off Graham, in an attacking team, shoots on sight and Swansea have 5 games at home in next 7. Even if he doesnt score this week he will over next few weeks no doubt about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I wouldn't be getting too carried away with Hazard. Obviously he's a very good player but a couple of his assists were nothing special (the pass to Cahill and the breakaway goal at the end come to mind). He was up against Wigan and Reading, as kind a start as you could really hope for. He also didn't look like a huge goal threat, can't remember him testing the keeper a whole lot in either game. It'll be interesting to see how he fares against some of the better sides in the league. Remember Ashley Young got 2 goals and 4 assists in the first 3 PL games last season...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

3 injured already :(

2 Dilemmas for the weekend, Noble(WH) away to Swansea or Cayabe(NU) away to Chelsea ? How did Ramiers do last night ?>

Need to take out Aguero , who is the better opition Rooney or Adebayor both have a nice run coming

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    99 points.

excellent.

Jenkinson, Schwarzer, and Ivan were the handy small differentials that made a bit of a difference at the very top of my leagues.

trusting Pienaar and not going with my gut on Michu is my only real regret.

As an Evertonain Pienaar wont get that many goals , but lethal for assits

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Lads any Spurs fans out there who could tell me who they expect to be their regular CBs?

Was on the verge of bringing in Kaboul but saw that he's injured.

Is bringing in Gallas a bad idea?

This Verthongen chap is a CB right? I assume witht the money they paid he's going to be introduced into the first team sooner or later?

Swansea at home to West Ham. Tempted to give Michu the armband...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Morzadec wrote: »
    Lads any Spurs fans out there who could tell me who they expect to be their regular CBs?

Was on the verge of bringing in Kaboul but saw that he's injured.

Is bringing in Gallas a bad idea?

This Verthongen chap is a CB right? I assume witht the money they paid he's going to be introduced into the first team sooner or later?

Yea Vert is a CB. We all thought he was going to start the last game with one of our other CB's. AVB said he went with Gallas & Kaboul due to EPL experience. I would expect Vert to play sooner rather than later. But I guess only time will tell. Would be a bit of a gamble. Esp at 6.5 that Vert costs. Walker is virtually guaranteed to start & bombs on down the right. Be a safer long term choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

dilemma.

have koscielny & aguero out, and luiz doubtful.
    Need to play at least 3 defenders, so my fit defenders are Kolarov (behind clichy for man city), Tierney (starting for norwich), and Stam (On the piss somewhere in Wigan, miles from the first team). Do I:

1) Sub out Aguero for a forward (Probably Adebayor) and go with a back three of Tierney, Kolarov & a doubtful Luiz in a 3-4-3
    2) Sub out Koscielney and bring in a decent defender (Was gonna pick kaboul but hes injured), and go 3-5-2 with new DF, Tierney & Kolarov/Luiz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

retalivity wrote: »
    dilemma.

Need to play at least 3 defenders, so my fit defenders are Kolarov (behind clichy for man city), Tierney (starting for norwich), and Stam (On the piss somewhere in Wigan, miles from the first team). Do I:

1) Sub out Aguero for a forward (Probably Adebayor) and go with a back three of Tierney, Kolarov & a doubtful Luiz in a 3-4-3
    2) Sub out Koscielney and bring in a decent defender (Was gonna pick kaboul but hes injured), and go 3-5-2 with new DF, Tierney & Kolarov/Luiz?

Ade may not be match fit.

Not sure if he has been training with City/Spurs up until very recently. So he might not start if AVB doesn't think he's match fit or up to date on new tactics etc.

If I had to guess he will play some part, but may not start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Who would you pick as captain from Hazard and Kagawa? Obviously Hazard has started the season in flying form but he'll face a tougher test against Newcastle, and I think Kagawa could have a big game at home to Fulham. After the first week Hazard seems the obvious choice, just wondering what others thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Swansea at home to West Ham. Tempted to give Michu the armband...

Tempting, I also have Graham who was outstanding during pre-season (and will be on pens if Sinclair doesn't play).

Either of them are a massive gamble that probably isn't worth taking at this stage of the season.

Not sure to give it to Bale or Rooney.

Quote:
    Same problem, Dont think Ade will start this week so might give it to Defoe.

Originally Posted by retalivityviewpost.gif
    dilemma.

Ade may not be match fit.

Not sure if he has been training with City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I know im a bit late but how in gods name did Hazard get no bonus points ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

which is the best option for this weekend?

federici away to sunderland

or

jussi away to swansea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

redzerdrog wrote: »
    which is the best option for this weekend?

federici away to sunderland

or

jussi away to swansea
    Very tough call, I think I'd side with Jussi but thats really going against the grain. Swansea were impressive last weekend and Sunderland did not score.

The reason I'd go that way is I expect Sunderland to be better this weekend with Sessegnon likely to start. On top of that Reading played last Saturday and then had a really demanding game at Chelsea midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Thoughts?

Howard
    Jenkinson Clichy Ivanovic
    Hazard Dyer Kagawa Silva Michu
    Torres Tevez

Rudd
    Sharp
    mccartney
    simpson

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Should do very well with that^^ decided who to captain yet??

Grid. wrote: »
    Should do very well with that^^ decided who to captain yet??

Going to with Hazard with Tevez as back up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Can't decide whether Mata is worth holding onto for the gameweek. Didn't do much in the first 2 games but against better opposition is the type of player who could be more involved. It's him and Torres' last week in my team in all probability and with my whole midfield and 2 of my 3 strikers playing at home I'm feeling it might be worth hanging onto him and taking stock next week with 2 transfers. Nearly put Siggy in earlier in the week though for Mata so expect him to score a hattrick :)

EDIT: just realised Mata has gone down in value, probably will go down again soon, might be forced into a change, hopefully he'll last to the morning and I can get him out tomorrow night or something...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I'm gonna offload him for Hazard, wasn't impressed with him in both games, had little influence and looked tired....RDM will rest him soon enough aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Grid. wrote: »
    I'm gonna offload him for Hazard, wasn't impressed with him in both games, had little influence and looked tired....RDM will rest him soon enough aswell.

It's just a choice between keeping him for Sunday's game or getting rid of him now, will be getting rid of him next week regardless.

Is Adam Johnson registered for the weekend?

Liam O wrote: »
    It's just a choice between keeping him for Sunday's game or getting rid of him now, will be getting rid of him next week regardless.

Is Adam Johnson registered for the weekend?

he'll only miss 1 week though. Thats what you have subs for surely?!

He will be one if the best in FF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,581 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Van Persie in, captain for week 2 also. Heres hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

78 Points from GW1 , happy enough with that . went with Friedel in goal and gave the armband to Michu which i don't really feel that great about as my head is saying RvP . not expecting much from Shawcross either :(

2eqa0cw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

De Gea

Shawcross A Cole Kompany

Hazard (C) Kagawa Guthrie Silva

Prog Tevez Torres

Thoughts?

Will have 2 transfers for next week to offload some reading/Chelsea players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Need to pick one of Simpson, Onuoha or Shawcross to start tomorrow. Onuoha has the easiest fixture, probably best to go with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Does anyone else feel that the bonus points were slightly off this week?

Rooney or RVP? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Can't pick a captain to save my life - very little in the way of stand out options for me. Bale, Tevez, or Torres. I'm not convinced at all about Spurs, Tevez has an away fixture which I like to avoid having my captain in and Torres is, well, Torres.

Feck it, Michu has the armband. Apologies in advance for his poor performance.

Szczesny

Shawcross
    Cole
    Walker

Noble
    Michu (c)
    Yaya
    Larsson
    Hazard

Tevez
    Torres

Ruddy, Pogrebnyak, Simpson, Martin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

is Terry playing?
    If not, who would be best to swap hom for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OK this is this weeks line up, fingers crossed as I had a dreadful GW1!

Vorm

Riise Hibbert Simpson

Larsson Michu Sinclair Santi Cazorla

Petric Podolski(c) Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Brought in Michu for Mata last Sunday. Then took a 4 point hit swapping Torres for RVP last night. 61 in first game week so lots of catching up to do.

Friedel
    Cole Cuellar Lescott
    Cazorla Michu Pienaar Y. Toure
    Graham Tevez RVP(c)

Hoping for a better week.

Clark Demel Allen on the bench

• Advertisement

151,952 wildcards played in week one.

Eathrin wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel that the bonus points were slightly off this week?

normal service resumes so , i remember last season Lampard came on for 20 minutes ,didn't kick a ball and got 2 bp :confused:

Michu assist already :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Michu assist already :cool:

Was it not Dyer?

Finical wrote: »
    Was it not Dyer?

Site has it down as Michu points wise so unless they change it...

EDIT: And it's gone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

West Ham biyz aren't sparing Michu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Site has it down as Michu points wise so unless they change it...

Haha I think it was Dyer. I was looking for the assist on my team no sign...FPL must love Michu then as well. :D

Michu goal now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

It was dyer but I think they put it down as an owl goal. Michu just scored!!!!

Haha Michu you hero!

who scored the first goal lads ? just switched it on , thank godzilla i went with Michu late last night as Cpt :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement