Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Premier League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Using my FT this week to transfer out Torres, who to bring in though...Tevez methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Using my FT this week to transfer out Torres, who to bring in though...Tevez methinks.

fyi looks like Tevez, Torres and RVP are all going up in price tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

How do you check the bonus points for each match on the site struggling to find them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Finical wrote: »
    How do you check the bonus points for each match on the site struggling to find them.
    Just click on the result of each game and it opens up a section which includes goalscorers, assists and bonus points.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm trying to figure out if I'm better having Cole in my team who won't score a thing or Fabio in who could return negative points :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

FPL continue to amaze with the bonus points. Tevez 3, Yaya 2 and here it comes Skrtel 2.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

eagle eye wrote: »
    FPL continue to amaze with the bonus points. Tevez 3, Yaya 2 and here it comes Skrtel 2.:pac:

If a defender scores then they are almost guaranteed a bonus point it seems. Happened with Rafael yesterday and Ivanovic the last two games. Rangel got one yesterday also.

You've a chance at all 3 if you get a clean sheet as well as the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

eagle eye wrote: »
    It's a joke really.Van Persie gets 3 points for scoring a great goal and nothing much else.
    Kagawa none,Joe Allen none. :confused:

Shouldn't be complaining as I had van Persie as captain but still,there's no way he should have got the full bonus points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Got 81 points. Very happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A solid 89 has me up to 20th in the boards league. Great start to the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm 69th in one of my leagues, what a great position to be in.

Looking at my team for this weekend and it's fairly fecked with Cashley, Torres, Hazard and Pogrebnyak all out. Have 3 million in the kitty though so thinking of bringing in Ba instead of the Pog as Newcastle should go to town on Villa at home.

Would leave me with a ropey enough side though -

Szczesny / Ruddy

Martin Shawcross Simpson Walker

Yaya Larsson Noble Michu

Tevez Ba / A N Other

Any thoughts? Wildcard has been considered but I really want to keep it until after the international break at the earliest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Looking at my team for this weekend and it's fairly fecked with Cashley, Torres, Hazard and Pogrebnyak all out. Have 3 million in the kitty though so thinking of bringing in Ba instead of the Pog as Newcastle should go to town on Villa at home.

Would leave me with a ropey enough side though -

Szczesny / Ruddy

Martin Shawcross Simpson Walker

Yaya Larsson Noble Michu

Tevez Ba / A N Other

Any thoughts? Wildcard has been considered but I really want to keep it until after the international break at the earliest.

I'm in a similar position. We're just paying the price for investing so much in Chelsea.

It was defo the right thing to do though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I really, REALLY dont wanna fall into the Michu trap, but he is REALLY slapping in the goals the last 2 weeks.

Must....

RESIST!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Vicxas wrote: »
    I really, REALLY dont wanna fall into the Michu trap, but he is REALLY slapping in the goals the last 2 weeks.

Must....

RESIST!!!

I've given in this week and swapped him into my team. Compared to Allen, hes just scoring too many points :P

Glad to see everyone will likely be taking a hit this week with Chelsea. Makes me feel a bit better about my picks. Saving my Wildcard too though for a while longer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

rotation risk especially with Sahin coming in and i don't think Rodgers has giving up on Downing yet, stay well clear imo
    Melion wrote: »
    Oh and Sterling at 4.5 is a superb cheap choice as backup midfielder

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Must....

RESIST!!!

why? he is a proven player at a cheap price:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

NinjaK wrote: »

Must....

RESIST!!!

why? he is a proven player at a cheap price:confused:
    wouldn't say proven, he's only played 2 matches.
    he plays up front for swansea and is down as a midfielder so extra points for each goal and a pount for clean sheets. happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

81 this week, even though i had Clark in by accident.

fúcker.

9th in the Boards League. awesome start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Dropped from 13,000 to 240,000.

Lampard dropped, gets 1 point.

Rooney gets a 1 point cameo as Capt and then gets injured.

Terry injured, Cuellar game cancelled, so Hangeland comes in for 0.

Already wasted a transfer getting rid of Aguero in the last GW, now have to waste a transfer getting rid of Rooney. Still have Lampard, Terry, etc.

Chelsea keep a cleansheet without Terry, and Hazard (who all my direct rivals had) scores a penalty in Lampard's absence.

And just like that, I'm 40 points behind largely due to having: A. Cole, Hazard, Torres, RVP vs Terry, Lampard, Bale, Rooney

and that's why we both love and hate the game.

the next kick in the balls is only a GW away.

i will say though, you shouldn't have had Lampard.

he's far too expensive, and he got lucky the 1st week because he got to score 2 penalties.

i feel sorry for you on the cancelled game and Rooney though.

----

i'm considering a 4pt hit this week.

Torres
    >Cissé.
    Clark
    >Gallas

or

Torres
    Adebayor
    Clark
    S Taylor

SlickRic wrote: »

he's far too expensive, and he got lucky the 1st week because he got to score 2 penalties.

----

Torres
    >Cissé.
    Clark
    >Gallas

or

Torres
    Adebayor
    Clark
    S Taylor

It's just my opinion, and they've been spectacularly wrong before but keep Torres.

He's delivered 7 and then 11 points in his last two fixtures, and i know he has a gap coming up but after it's QPR(A), Stoke (H), Arsenal(A), Norwich(H). Also he's so much more in the game with Hazard present and just scored his first proper instinctive finish in ages.

Loads of people are pulling the trigger on a switch to RVP, and he does have an extra fixture this week but in the above run of gameweeks he'll be going Wigan(H), Liverpool (A), Spurs(H), Newcastle (A).

So they're pretty comparable in terms of fixtures but Torres is a lot cheaper and IMO, as long as Chelsea maintain their current form, Torres and Hazard are both must haves.

If it's a 4 pointer, then I'd try my best to hold off and attempt to field a decent 11 without dropping Torres, then give him the above 4 games to see if he's the real deal this season.

You could do Clark to Hughes from Fulham who has excellent fixtures coming up.

thanks, that's decent food for thought.

i hadn't checked the games after Chelsea come back in GW4.

i have Schwarzer to cover my Fulham goalie/defender. also, I've just realised Clark is back for GW3 as i think he may serve his 1-game suspension in the League Cup game this week. i know he's away to Newcastle, but i'd rather get rid of Myaichi who i foolishly have on my bench!

i'd also rather not take a points-hit on a defender, unless it's a top one who i know has a good chance of a run of clean sheets.

thanks, that's decent food for thought.

i hadn't checked the games after Chelsea come back in GW4.

i have Schwarzer to cover my Fulham goalie/defender. also, I've just realised Clark is back for GW3 as i think he may serve his 1-game suspension in the League Cup game this week. i know he's away to Newcastle, but i'd rather get rid of Myaichi who i foolishly have on my bench!

i'd also rather not take a points-hit on a defender, unless it's a top one who i know has a good chance of a run of clean sheets.

Do you have a West Ham defender?? I know they weren't great last week but it's Alerdyce so there's a chance they could be poor on the road but great for shut outs at home. I'm hoping we see something realy solid and miserly from them vrs Fulham this week. If we do, then Jussi's going straight in my team to join McCartney and I'm doubling up on them in their home games for the forseeable future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I've missed all the Swansea games, so I'm really finding it hard to decide on Michu.

My midfield at the moment is:

Allen - Silva - Fellaini - Mata - Kagawa

Considering Michu for Allen (I have the money), but Allen played really well yesterday, and Michu could just have beginners luck - as I say, I haven't seen him playing. Then again, so many people are getting Michu that even if he does go downhill, he goes downhill for everyone!

Next week I'll probably try to get Hazard for Mata (wish I'd done it to begin with!) Might have to take a 4 point hit for the money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I've missed all the Swansea games, so I'm really finding it hard to decide on Michu.

My midfield at the moment is:

Allen - Silva - Fellaini - Mata - Kagawa

Considering Michu for Allen (I have the money), but Allen played really well yesterday, and Michu could just have beginners luck - as I say, I haven't seen him playing. Then again, so many people are getting Michu that even if he does go downhill, he goes downhill for everyone!

Next week I'll probably try to get Hazard for Mata (wish I'd done it to begin with!) Might have to take a 4 point hit for the money...
    keep an eye on the fixtures mate, chelsea aren't playing next week.

mackeire wrote: »
    keep an eye on the fixtures mate, chelsea aren't playing next week.

Yeah, I'm not getting Hazard until at least next week's transfers. This week, Mata's gonna be a sub. I think I'll keep Allen and invest elsewhere or make two transfers next week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

redzerdrog wrote: »
    latesto.png

What you think of this team and for this weekend just leaving my 3 chelsea players on the bench or should i swap a cole for a man city defender?

posting this here aswell

any advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Much happier looking at the standings this weekend. Ruddy peno save Minchu Pineaar and Jelavic helped. Hoping to close the gap on those who have 3 Chelsea players this week.

Only mistake was bringing in Defoe, getting him back out this week for Ade or tevez ?? Ideas ? Still have money in the bank but bringing in Hazzard GW4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

redzerdrog wrote: »
    posting this here aswell

any advice appreciated

Nice team mate, very impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Don't understand anyone having Allen, he's not a FF player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

jamesozzie wrote: »
    Nice team mate, very impressive

cheers my wildcard is active this week so playing around with a few things.

a couple of other options are

rangel or gallas
    cualler/ jenkinson or Hughes
    mccarthy or demel

also is it worth taking ashley cole out for this week? This would mean transferring him back in next week thus wasting a transfer i feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

JPA wrote: »
    Don't understand anyone having Allen, he's not a FF player.

Arghh I don't want him in my team anymore, no idea why I had him in the first place, the pricetag got me.

I've had to take an 8 point hit so far with transfers and probably will take another 4 point hit next week to get Hazard in my team and Allen out but I need to free up some cash first as his price keeps rising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

and that's why we both love and hate the game.

the next kick in the balls is only a GW away.

Absolutely right!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭DaBomb

Who do you guys thing i should pick as my captain for the next gameweek, RVP or Tevez? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Tevez. Home match against QPR. Has to be done in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

In a bit of a dilemma for this GW - Ba or Cisse in? I can afford both :confused:
    Also will Lennon and Vertongen start for Spurs regularly?
    I could also upgrade Lennon to Bale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Caved and did my wildcard, I don't normally do it this early at all but felt it was needed when I made a new mock team, will probably come back to bite me in the ass though. Have a few choices to make though, Tevez or Cisse and Sigurdsson or Nasri. Have no attacking Newcastle or Spurs cover atm and they both have far superior fixtures to City after this week and Newcastle's is just as good this week so just not sure at all.

Tevez is a no-brainer.

Sigurdsson will depend on VdV, and we don't know what the story on that is. the more reliable player is Nasri. that would mean having 2 City attackers, but that's your call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Tevez is a no-brainer.

Sigurdsson will depend on VdV, and we don't know what the story on that is. the more reliable player is Nasri. that would mean having 2 City attackers, but that's your call.

This is what my thoughts on it have been but I feel that Cisse may be about to break out and City's next 2 games after this weekend are away to Stoke and home to Arsenal which is far less likely to do well in that Cisse is away to Everton and home to Norwich. I'll probably keep Tevez for the price rises though and make a decision on Friday or Saturday morning. The annoying thing is I had Tevez in my team until the Friday before it started and took him out for Giroud that day, one of my many last minute changes that included Schwarzer to Federici (leaving Jaaskelainen on the bench) and Rangel to Ian Harte that helped me do really bad in week 1 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Guys thinking of playing my wildcard for this lot. What do ye think?

c40a2a9b4726ca8fe77550279c89d570.png?1346267496

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

----

Torres
    >Cissé.
    Clark
    >Gallas

or

Torres
    Adebayor
    Clark
    S Taylor
    Just on the Gallas point he'll more than likely only be a short term option, most (Spurs) people see Kaboul and Vert as the likely long term pairing.
    In a bit of a dilemma for this GW - Ba or Cisse in? I can afford both :confused:
    Also will Lennon and Vertongen start for Spurs regularly?
    I could also upgrade Lennon to Bale
    Again, just speculation but, Lennon -> no, Vert -> yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I have Kagawa as captain.

Tevez is Vice.

Decisions, decisions

I have Kagawa as captain.

Tevez is Vice.

Decisions, decisions

Saaame problem! Kagawa is down as a midfielder in FF and playing as a striker, so he'll already get more points if he scores! Then again, I can picture Tevez scoring about 14 goals. Of course, that would only happen if I decided not to put him as captain. If he was my captain he'd come on at half time, miss 2 penalties and get a straight red... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Saaame problem! Kagawa is down as a midfielder in FF and playing as a striker, so he'll already get more points if he scores! Then again, I can picture Tevez scoring about 14 goals. Of course, that would only happen if I decided not to put him as captain. If he was my captain he'd come on at half time, miss 2 penalties and get a straight red... :(

Then please dont put him as you captain for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Juxtapose wrote: »
    Have to play my wildcard, but havent really been able to catch any games or fantasy stats due to work commitments!

Any feedback on this team and improvements would be hugely appreciated!!

Vorm, Begovic
    Hangeland, Collocini, Lescott, Bertrand, Jenkinson
    Dyer, Hazard, Pienaar, Cazorla, Jarvis
    Ba, Tevez, Torres

0.3m leftover.

Did you lose a bet or something? No need to wildcard that team. How many transfers do you have for this week? If it's 2 then a 4 point hit allows you to make 3 changes and to be honest I don't see 3 must transfers in that team(ignoring the fact that the 3 Chelsea players don't play, just bench them).

Demba Ba in for Pogrebnyak looks like being my only transfer this week. Just the bare eleven available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

i took the 4point hit.
    subbed torres for tevez and lucas for feillani.
    my defence is still ****e though (koscielney, kolarov, tierney)
    Hope it pays off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Looking for a replacement for Ruiz.
    Can lose Allen if needs be,obviously I'll be looking for a midfielder then too.
    Any suggestions.

BnHSJFN__original.jpg

Advertisement