Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Premier League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Can anyone recommend an application for Android phones for managing my FF team? The website is a pain in the h**e on a smart phone browser..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

jArgHA wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an application for Android phones for managing my FF team? The website is a pain in the h**e on a smart phone browser..
    Go to google play and search fantasy premier league . It works fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jArgHA wrote: »

Fantasy Football Buddy is a great app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Michu yet again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Michu plus Crouch score :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Michu is fast becoming a fantasy football legend, what a bargain!

Have Walters as first sub and I don't think he'll get on unless Silva, Allen or Gutierrez don't play, the pain of Fantasy Football.....

Goal and two assists for captain Tevez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Same here,hopefully gets the 3 bonus points too to make it an even 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I ago used over Tevez & Kagawa.

Picked Kagawa.
    Hopefully he rips the saints apart tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Saved my gameweek anyway, hope he gets the 3 bonus points and hopefully Yaya will get a point too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

my VC for the last 2 gameweeks has been hazard who broke double figures each time and now this week Tevez does it. Really becoming tiresome, RVP better maul Southampton tomorrow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Thank you Tevez!!:pac:

Toure, Michu, Crouch and captain Tevez!! <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Not doing too bad so far with 43, got some points on the board from Toure and Larsson (and Tevez captain).

I might have to contemplate getting rid of Kompany though, City's defensive record has been awful even against the weaker teams. Getting someone like Ivanovic or Evra might pay off in the run-in before the wild card has to be used, and some money in the bank will allow me to shuffle around my midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

49 points. Tevez as captain did the biz.

Into the top 50 of the Boards league. Been a while since that's happened. Gonna enjoy it before the inevitable decline sets in. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Not doing too bad so far with 43, got some points on the board from Toure and Larsson (and Tevez captain).

I might have to contemplate getting rid of Kompany though, City's defensive record has been awful even against the weaker teams. Getting someone like Ivanovic or Evra might pay off in the run-in before the wild card has to be used, and some money in the bank will allow me to shuffle around my midfield.

Thinking along the same lines with Kompany, not sure if he's worth the £7.5m. I already have Ivanovic and he's given back plenty in return. It's hard to pick another team who have demonstrated a really solid defense so far. May be better to just go with a cheaper defender and spend the extra money elsewhere in midfield. Might even be worth switching to Baines, although I have had a bad experience of owning Baines last season. If Everton can keep up the good form though, he's definitely another option. Going on today's performance though, that's a big 'if' :)

48 pts today which isn't bad given I had to relegate my star players (Ivan, Hazard and Torres) to the bench along with Federici because of no games. Still have Kagawa and Clyne to play tomorrow. So, either hoping for no goals or Kagawa to rip them open :D Would have taken a lot less this week, thank you Capt. Tevez :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Thank you Tevez, Michu and Fletcher.

Bonus points not in yet right?

Up to 7th in the boards league without using the wildcard yesterday even though I almost pulled the trigger!

De Gea not starting.

V strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Whats considered a good score this game week?

I'd say 50

If at the end of the season you average 50 you're in business. I finished averaging about 56-57 I think last year and finished 1,300 in the world and that was after a shambolic last 2 weeks where I'd forgotten to change my team with 2 FT for the double gameweek towards the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Michu is such a headache for me.
    Surely he can't keep this up?
    Each of Dyer, Hazard, Cazorla, Kagawa have done the business for me.
    Maybe I should sell Nasri for Michu?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Have 82 with 7 off thee bench for a total of 89 when they kick in. Current top team is 87!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Has the Reading Sunderland game been rearranged yet? I read Tues 18th September but Reading are only playing 2 days before this on the 16th. I want to bring in Jenkinson - looks good value but dunno whether to take out Harte (who may get a double gameweek in the next gw), Aaron Hughes or Figueroa. Thoughts?

RVP and Tevez get the 3 bonus points each, nice 9 point bonus for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I done two transfers for GW4, if i now decide to wildcard will i still be -4?

I done two transfers for GW4, if i now decide to wildcard will i still be -4?

From last year, it'll clear the negative balance if you wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Dónal wrote: »
    I need to get RVp in, if i do it now I can still make further changes up till the next gw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Dónal wrote: »

oh, my mate did 3 this week, used his wildcard after and said he took an 8 point hit :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I did it last week, it will clear the deductions

just don't do what I did and change your team from one with both Dembele and Yaya in it for a couple of days during the week to Nasri and Dyer (who didn't do bad in fairness). Still wound up with 74 so a good week overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

If it makes anyone feel better I forgot to change my team this week, so went from 9,000th in the world to 585,683.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

75 points. RVP and Tevez did super for me. Into the top 15,000 of the world. :cool:

Dismal 45 with all my Chelsea players on the bench.

Had Demel, Michu & Tevez but captained Kagawa.

Played my wildcard.

New team

Foster
    Bertrand McCauley Jenkinson
    Michu Hazard Carzola Routledge
    RVP Tevez Torres

Subs: Ruddy, Mertesacker, Guthrie, Demel

Quite happy with that.

• Advertisement

Three solid weeks to start the season but I've a few duffers in my team so it could be a good time to play the wildcard. Really want Van Persie and Cazorla in the site but not sure how to afford both with Tevez, Hazard and Yaya already in there.

Plenty of big decisions for people over the next fortnight no doubt.

EDIT: Actually, it could happen with this team -

Begovic
    Ruddy

Jenkinson
    Shawcross
    Martin
    Reid
    Cole

Michu
    Santi
    Yaya
    Taylor
    Hazard

Van Persie
    Tevez
    Di Santo

It'll max out my cash but Van Persie and Cole are both sellable if needs be. Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

^ I was in a similar predicament myself, and I just went for the wildcard. RVP and Carzola will be FF essentials. Even when Rooney comes back, RVP will be undroppable if he keeps this up. I initially brought Kagawa in with my wildcard on Saturday, but I think he might end up being a rotation risk so I swapped him for Carzola on the back of yesterday's performance. He will be central to everything Arsenal do.

My wildcarded team doesn't look too dissimilar to yours, apart from the defence. I have Pienaar rather than Taylor in midfield, and Pogrebnyak instead of Di Santo up top. I sold Pog before he dropped and brought him back in at 4.9, I still believe he'll be one of the best cheap striker options in the game.

GW1 - 65
    GW2 - 84
    GW3 - 65

Happy enough with the start. Raging that I sold both Larsson and Podolski before the weekend for players who did nothing, but such is fantasy football.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Well I just played mine (trying to do well at the start so i dont lose interest as much as it goes on) as after a few weeks being saved by Hazard, Torres and Tevez (though I also got Cazorla in that week) and getting 60ish twice then 71 this week I realised I have a lot of guys who may not keep pulling their weight. Few guys that maybe could have been gotten with the money ive got (99.8m team & 0.7 in the bank after) but its still hard to know who will keep early season form going.

Now: 3 4 3

GK: Jaaskelainen

Def: A. Cole, A. Ekotto, Gibbs

Mid: Lennon, Cazorla, Hazard, Pienaar

CF: Tevez, Torres, Crouch

Subs: Davis (sou), Routledge (Swa), C. Clarke (Ast), G.Demel (WHU)

im sure ill tinker with it a bit before the big break to the next game is over, any opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Green arrows. Excellent.

I've got a lot of deadwood in my team that just don't seem to be performing as hoped though:
    • Lampard (dropped for one game, playing quite deep, but on pens, corners and some free kicks, probably not worth 8.9 for that)
    • Bale (looked poor so far with favourable fixtures, no goals, no assists)
    • Noble (hoped he would pick up assists from set pieces and goals from pens)
    • Graham (6 goals in pre-season, favourable fixtures, and on pens - only one goal despite Swansea scoring truck loads)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

My jesus i got destroyed this week

• Advertisement

72 points this week, thank you Tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I green arrowed to the front page, ten pts off top 20, happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Beast of a week with 103 after BPs.
    Cant remember the last time i scored over the century! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Not really educated on the fantasy football but if i was to join a league now do my points carry-over or do i start from scratch, Good score GW3 Chelsea players benched didn,t help doh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Not really educated on the fantasy football but if i was to join a league now do my points carry-over or do i start from scratch, Good score GW3 Chelsea players benched didn,t help doh!!

Depends on the league (private league) if the points scoring started week 1 they can carry over.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Shocking week and not so great last week. Non starters, poor performers etc. So its wildcard time. Fiddled around with it a bit (and prob will so again) but at the moment I'm happy enough.

--Foster--

--Mertesaker--Coloccini--Fabio--

--Hazard--Michu--Dembele--Cazorla--

--Torres--Van Persie--Long

Subs: Reid (west ham), Hughes, Dyer, Al Habsi.

Thinking of throwing in Tevez for Torres, but knowing my luck Torres will go and bang in a hattrick.

Any suggestions?

Wildcard played, now to wait and see if Van Persie plays or else I'll be keeping Torres and Welbeck.

Team for this week:

Ruddy

Jenkinson---Cole---Reid

Yaya---Cazorla---Michu---Hazard

Torres---Tevez---Welbeck

Subs: Begovic, Shawcross, Taylor, Martin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

wildcard played also , very happy with my forwards and midfielders , up to 28th in the boards league and 1st in all my private leagues , now watch as i come crashing down to earth after the weekend :)

almanu wrote: »
    wildcard played also , very happy with my forwards and midfielders , up to 28th in the boards league and 1st in all my private leagues , now watch as i come crashing down to earth after the weekend :)

If you're that high up why did you use your wildcard? I used mine last GW because my team was a shambles and had 2 average weeks (dropped Tevez for Giroud the last day before GW1 and dropped Rangel and Schwarzer to 4.5m equivalents to get greedy up front :mad:) which had to be fixed, you must have a pretty decent team to be up that high and to use it seems like a bit of a waste?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Liam O wrote: »
    If you're that high up why did you use your wildcard? I used mine last GW because my team was a shambles and had 2 average weeks (dropped Tevez for Giroud the last day before GW1 and dropped Rangel and Schwarzer to 4.5m equivalents to get greedy up front :mad:) which had to be fixed, you must have a pretty decent team to be up that high and to use it seems like a bit of a waste?

exactly, i havent used mine and im topping all private leagues except in 2nd for the paid league, ive no rvp or hazard but im still holding off using it... i think alot of people have wasted theres just to get these players in and 1 or 2 others.. way too early to use it unless youve had a bad start and team is crap

• Advertisement
Advertisement