Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Premier League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Liam O wrote: »
    If you're that high up why did you use your wildcard? I used mine last GW because my team was a shambles and had 2 average weeks (dropped Tevez for Giroud the last day before GW1 and dropped Rangel and Schwarzer to 4.5m equivalents to get greedy up front :mad:) which had to be fixed, you must have a pretty decent team to be up that high and to use it seems like a bit of a waste?

It's about consolidation if you're doing well. I'm 24th in the boards league but had too many passengers and there's now 'staples' that you really have to have or you'll get left behind.

Van Persie, Tevez, Cazorla, Michu and Hazard are all must haves at this point imo and I have them all except RVP but I don't know if I want to swap Torres and Yaya for him and A N Other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Just went to play my wild card, all players swaped and it the play wild card button and the page forze . Logged out and back in again and its still forzen , and its still forzen ...Rrrrrgh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Liam O wrote: »
    If you're that high up why did you use your wildcard? I used mine last GW because my team was a shambles and had 2 average weeks (dropped Tevez for Giroud the last day before GW1 and dropped Rangel and Schwarzer to 4.5m equivalents to get greedy up front :mad:) which had to be fixed, you must have a pretty decent team to be up that high and to use it seems like a bit of a waste?

My bench was very weak and i wanted a midfield player (Fellani) before his price went any higher , i'd rather act now than regret it in the coming weeks . i also never seen players prices rise so fast and that kind of swung it for me to use it in the end .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Anyone know if De gea will start in goal for united this weekend?

Ive left bale in the team i feel he has to come good cant decide on him torres or tevez as captain though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Just went to play my wild card, all players swaped and it the play wild card button and the page forze . Logged out and back in again and its still forzen , and its still forzen ...Rrrrrgh

Why would you play your wildcard now?

You've missed all the price rises over the 2 week international break. You could have just transferred in all the players due to go up, and made your final draft today.

You'd have gained a nice bit of team value, and still have the team you want for GW4.

You've missed that window at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Ah bollix just noticed Krul is injured and used up my FT :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Foster

Clichy
    Rangel
    Jenkinson

Mata
    Michu
    Larsson
    Cazorla

Tevez (C)
    Giroud
    Torres

This is Girouds last chance, if he doesn't score tomorrow he's gone for Adebayor.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

Ruddy

Zabaleta
    Bertrand
    Jenkinson

Michu
    Hazard
    Cazorla
    Toure
    Dembele

Tevez
    RVP (c)

Played wildcard before a few big price rises, hopefully it pays off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Neither of our back 3 are guaranteed starters
    eoin99 wrote: »
    Ruddy

Zabaleta
    Bertrand
    Jenkinson

Michu
    Hazard
    Cazorla
    Toure
    Dembele

Tevez
    RVP (c)

Played wildcard before a few big price rises, hopefully it pays off

• Advertisement

Zabaleta is out injured, hasn't trained all week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Xavi6 wrote: »

had planned to move him out this week....was hoping to get at least 1 cs from hom

I went with Dembel over Shawcross and Duff over Graham . i have Fridel in goal but not sure how long he will be number 1 what with Loris arriving at Spurs .

2dj1le0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

Neither of our back 3 are guaranteed starters

Until Sagna is back from injury, Jenkinson is pretty much nailed on to start - had him since he was 4.5 so gained a bit in value for when I have to transfer him out. 3 starts & 3 clean sheets to date.

Bertrand isn't guaranteed, but has played 2/3 at the moment & generally plays further forward too.

Zab has started all 3 but with Maicon in now, looks like the City RB/RWB position will go to him long term.

Have McCartney to come from the bench as a cheap replacement if needed.
    Xavi6 wrote: »

Typical, FF have no mention of an injury for him.

I'm a bit nervous about giving RvP the armband , reports are he picked up a knock on International duty and United have a game in the champions league next week , will he start or am i just being paranoid , Hazard looks a good bet at QPR away also :confused:

edit (went with Hazard :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Question for ye lads - who would you start between Pogrebnyak and Sterling? Sterling's playing well and I've heard he'll start but Liverpool are away to Sunderland while I'd fancy Tottenham to concede away to Reading and Pogrebnyak could be involved in that. Pogrebnyak is probably the safe option but I'm tempted to take a chance on Sterling.

• Advertisement

No RvP according to Sky :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Classic... gave him the armband instead of Podolski at the last minute... fingers crossed he doesn't come on at all then.

Yup, decided at the last minute to change my captaincy from Tevez to RVP.

CURSE YOU FERGUSON!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

ManC clean sheet gone! :)

Crouch scores!!

• Advertisement

Villa goal Swansea cs gone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

What a disaster this has turned into, RVP(my captain), Kagawa, Petric, all not playing...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

No Petric?!!!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Took a big risk on Arsenal with Jenkinson & Mertesecker.
    Was all going so well til the GK fluffed his lines.

Can't believe Arsenal scored 6 & Cazorla was only involved in 1 goal.

Had Hazard Captain.

Not a great day.
    35 points.
    All players have played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Took a big risk on Arsenal with Jenkinson & Mertesecker.
    Was all going so well til the GK fluffed his lines.

Can't believe Arsenal scored 6 & Cazorla was only involved in 1 goal.

Had Hazard Captain.

Not a great day.
    35 points.
    All players have played

I wouldnt worry, a lot of people will be in the same boat.
    Most will have Hazard or RVP as capt

If you hit 50 this week you've done super IMO, low scoring all round.

I've 47 before bonuses and moved up in the boards league to 16th so happy enough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Do you get another wildcard later in the season? Is there any point saving it or is it a once off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Do you get another wildcard later in the season? Is there any point saving it or is it a once off?

Another one after xmas which has to be used in a certain timeframe......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

47 points. Still have Baines to play, so hopefully he gets 90mins, a clean sheet and an assist or two! Risked Kagawa thinking he'd get 40mins in the second half for United but that didn't happen so lost out big with that one. Also had Tevez as Captain instead of trusty Berba and look what happened!

Realized I have no midfield on my bench in-case of an injury or just someone not playing so that'll need to be subbed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

40 this week before bonuses. have jagielka and pienaar to play. berbatov the only player to deliver this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

40 this week before bonuses. have jagielka and pienaar to play. berbatov the only player to deliver this week
    32 only but with dembele, ben arfa, mirallas and cisse left to come

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Absolutely sickened Bertrand didn't get his clean sheet bonus.

Think I'll have 41 points after subs are made. Having VP as captain instead of Tevez hurt me. Midfield of Michu, Kagawa, Hoilett and Yaya got me 3 points..

MagicIRL wrote: »
    47 points. Still have Baines to play, so hopefully he gets 90mins, a clean sheet and an assist or two!

Will a goal do? :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Considering how most teams captain options didnt do much this time round including my own (Hazard) i'm shocked i did so well and now look like ill finish with 69 for the week (once Assou Ekotto gets subbed out) probably still wont make the boards top 100 but might crack the China top 50.

edit: finished at 74! and up to 80th in the boards league, which equals 43rd in China

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Seems like Ill finish on 42 unless Ben Arfa can pull something soon, 600 and something in the boards league but moving up quick, had a horrible first 2 weeks.:rolleyes:

ffs. everton have 2 goals which should have stood disallowed. both assists from pienaar and jags who are in my team :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Finished with 62. Shame I gave Tevez the cap over Berba! Raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Have Fellaine & Baines in my squad chose to pick Fellaine and leave Baines on the bench BUGGER

• Advertisement

Green arrows are always nice to see, up to 18th in the boards league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Provisional team for next week:

Foster

Rangel, Jenkinson, Walker

Ben Arfa, Michu, Hazard, Pienaar

Van Persie, Tevez, Defoe

Subs: Ruddy, Buttner, El Ahmadi, Wilkinson

Leaning towards Ben Arfa to take the armband, home against Norwich. Him or Hazard, home against Stoke. Also debating whether to put in Buttner for Jenkinson.

Transfers not an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

even after last night, still 3rd in the Boards League. shocked and delighted at that.

next week could be a mad one if the big games last year are anything to go by.

the weeks that are impossible to predict are always the most fun in this game.

How did Pienaar get NO bonus points? He had 2 assists and a third assist that should have stood. Odd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

How did Pienaar get NO bonus points? He had 2 assists and a third assist that should have stood. Odd
    The three goal scorers got them. Did he deserve them ahead of Baines or Ba, no but he was better than Anichebe in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

New to this forum, but have been in the Boards FF leaguesince the first week.

Bit of a disaster this week with RVP captain and Kagawa on the pitch.

Left myself a bit exposed with Michu and Dyer both playing away. I didn't see Swansea having such a poor performance against a struggling Villa.

Michu out, Pienaar in. 35 points. 243 points overall. Still my best start to a season. Wildcard used, but happy with the balance of the team overall.

Podolski on the want list if he keeps this form up.

• Advertisement

Michu is the focal point of any Swansea attack.

it's a dangerous risk dropping him for anyone else around his price range IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

What do you guys think about Javi Garcia, will he become a regular starter for city?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Wouldn't touch him, plays where DeJong use to play but can be good at set pieces as seen by his headers last week.

Benzino wrote: »
    What do you guys think about Javi Garcia, will he become a regular starter for city?

yes, i'd imagine so.

but he's a DM is he not?

it should make YaYa a far more attractive proposition than he already is though. Garcia may score the odd goal from a set piece, but he wouldn't be the most reliable from a point-scoring point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Ah ok, thanks! He was tempting me due to his low price, only 5.5m I think currently. I currently have Yaya too.

Fairly happy with my midfield, unsure about Carzola though, quality player, but at over 9m is pricey, and I'm not sure he has done much as of yet to warrant it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement