Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Premier League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

have Tevez in my team but can't see Mancini playing him at all, they must have fallen out again. chelsea could murder norwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Who to Captain this week

RVP - Away to Newcastle who have a few regular defenders missing
    Tevez - Home to Sunderland who have a mean defence
    Bale - Home to Villa who overall don't look great

Currently have Tevez. Was rested during the week so sure to start !!!! Have had RVP all season and has done well for me but feel a change is needed.

Hmmmmm

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

dfbemt wrote: »
    Who to Captain this week

RVP - Away to Newcastle who have a few regular defenders missing
    Tevez - Home to Sunderland who have a mean defence
    Bale - Home to Villa who overall don't look great

Currently have Tevez. Was rested during the week so sure to start !!!! Have had RVP all season and has done well for me but feel a change is needed.

Hmmmmm

Any suggestions?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81115079#post81115079

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

5 minutes left to decide!!!

IvySlayer wrote: »
    5 minutes left to decide!!!

go Chelsea players!

• Advertisement

go Chelsea players!

I made Cole captain over Tevez, don't let me down ;)

Fcking Mancini. Had Clichy in my defence, doesn't start but had my subs, Clichy gets subbed with 5 mins to go to earn 1 point..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Hazard scoresssssssssss!!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Is Fantasy Football Buddy (Android) working for anybody?

Can't log in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

transferred kolarov out last night...balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

retalivity wrote: »

With my transfer I decided to either bring in Kompany or Kolarov........

I picked Kompany :(

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

retalivity wrote: »
    Oh brother, now that is what you call a kick in the stones...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blargh. Left Michu out, had Kompany in.

On the upside, had Torres as captain, so that's 18 points at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Hate joining up bar league when your promised monthly prizes. :mad:

Traded Hoillet for Pienaar last week :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Traded Hoillet for Pienaar last week :mad: :mad:
    yeah? Well I took Hazard out for gervinho on Friday, do I win? Suarez captain over RVP another great move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Liam O wrote: »
    yeah? Well I took Hazard out for gervinho on Friday, do I win? Suarez captain over RVP another great move.

Took captaincy off RVP and gave it to Cazorla, had Pienaar in the team. :(

Still managed 53 points, but took a 4 point hit to get rid of Crouch and Kagawa for Mata and Long. We'll see how that plays out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

62 this week and up to 21st, annoying that I've had Sterling since GW1 and decided to bench him for the first time on Saturday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

66 points this week happy enough considering I had Pienaar.

Noble finally doing something helped. Was about to get rid of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Melion wrote: »
    62 this week and up to 21st, annoying that I've had Sterling since GW1 and decided to bench him for the first time on Saturday :(
    same here was gonna start him instead of Ben Arfa too but didnt in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

thankfully i had Sterling in.

it was initially a conundrum, but then, why would you have Sterling in the first place if you weren't going to start him against one of the worst teams in the League at home?

still top, but should've had more than 58 points.

switching the captaincy to Cazorla from VP was my retarded move for the weekend.

SlickRic wrote: »

it was initially a conundrum, but then, why would you have Sterling in the first place if you weren't going to start him against one of the worst teams in the League at home?

switching the captaincy to Cazorla from VP was my retarded move for the weekend.

Always go with the massess! :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=22813

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

56 points, happy enough seeing how Kagawa didnt play. Sterling saved my bacon, 3 forwards scored a combined 32 points but let down in defence big time by Cole and Kolarov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

Anyone know what Newcastles starting back four will be now that Simpson and Colloccini are back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

SlickRic wrote: »

You're only top because I didn't enter the proper boards.ie league, just the FSA one :p

Absolutely sickened I didn't enter any money leagues, currently 1st in Ireland and 4th in the world, I'll never have a season like it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Blatter wrote: »
    You're only top because I didn't enter the proper boards.ie league, just the FSA one :p

Absolutely sickened I didn't enter any money leagues, currently 1st in Ireland and 4th in the world, I'll never have a season like it again.

I was just checking that today and forgot to mention it in United thread.

I am in top 10(United Boards) so was thinking I could not be far behind and then I see im 100 points behind you.:eek:

Some going. Hope it continues for you.

I seemingly had my one of those last year, got to about 20 in Ireland near the end but forgot to change my team for the double gameweek near the end. Wound up about 1,300 in the world and now this season I've just been on one bad run after another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Didn't know you were from Clonmel Blatter.......

dahat wrote: »
    Didn't know you were from Clonmel Blatter.......

Unfortunately :pac:

I think I've seen ya post a few times in the Clonmel thread..

• Advertisement

I seemingly had my one of those last year, got to about 20 in Ireland near the end but forgot to change my team for the double gameweek near the end. Wound up about 1,300 in the world and now this season I've just been on one bad run after another.

I think if you get a good start you're at a huge advantage because you don't need to take many unnecessary risks and you'll pay more attention to the decisions you make. A bad start and I find myself doing stupid things and don't care about the game as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Unfortunately :pac:

I think I've seen ya post a few times in the Clonmel thread..

Indeed,Bout the most interesting thing about Clonmel that thread!

Isn't Headshot from Tipp too? :P

Whats the story with Kagawa for the weekend lads? 0 points last week, doubtful this week, he is too expensive to be earning hardly any points these last few weeks. I don't want to transfer him , i've already used my transfer, but if he isnt playing ill just get hazard and take the 4 point hit

buyer95 wrote: »
    Whats the story with Kagawa for the weekend lads? 0 points last week, doubtful this week, he is too expensive to be earning hardly any points these last few weeks. I don't want to transfer him , i've already used my transfer, but if he isnt playing ill just get hazard and take the 4 point hit

I'd imagine he won't play. He took a knock in the CL and SAF won't want to risk it if he's anyway borderline. Hernandez could well have played himself into the team, and United have plenty of attacking options anyway.

Ps Mata is better value than Hazard IMO.

Kagawa is far too much of a not playing/60 min sub on or off/not playing in best position risk at the moment to have him in your team. Especially at his price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Kagawa out for about 4 weeks with knee injury says SAF, according to sports news on today FM this morning.

Anyone know the story with Bale? Didn't play last week.

Kagawa out for about 4 weeks with knee injury says SAF, according to sports news on today FM this morning.

Anyone know the story with Bale? Didn't play last week.

Bale's OH went into labour and had a baby girl last Saturday. He should play this weekend I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Bale's OH went into labour and had a baby girl last Saturday. He should play this weekend I'd imagine.

A cert to score so , and do the baby rocking celebration! (either that or get tackled and take a nap when he hits the ground lol!)

taking a chance on Clint the mint this week, double transfer with him and Aguero in for Kagawa and Suarez. Suarez will naturally get a hattrick but this is the week that the shift in my fortunes happens!

taking a chance on Clint the mint this week, double transfer with him and Aguero in for Kagawa and Suarez. Suarez will naturally get a hattrick but this is the week that the shift in my fortunes happens!

Yeah I got sick of waiting for Suarez to do something since his Norwich game as well. I put in Berbatov, fancy him to knock 1 or 2 in against reading. Just watch, this weekend will be the weekend Suarez rediscovers his scoring touch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

i have benched yaya toure for dimitar, just hope he scores against reading.

captained ba, but think i should stick with carzola

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Suarez isnt doing to bad. Only 9 points behind RVP. And considering he is playing in a struggling as well. And let's face it, he has zero chance of being dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Teams:

Arsenal (vs QPR): Mannone, Sagna, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Santos, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud

QPR (vs Arsenal): Cesar, Diakite, Traore, Taarabt, Wright-Phillips Granero, Nelsen, Bosingwa, Hoilett, Zamora, Mbia.

Stoke (vs Sunderland): Begovic; Cameron, Shawcross (c), Huth, Wilson; Walters, Whitehead, Nzonzi, Adam, Kightly; Crouch

Sunderland (vs Stoke): Mignolet, Gardner, Rose, Cuellar, O'Shea (c), Cattermole, Colback, Larsson, Johnson, McClean, Fletcher

Reading (vs Fulham): McCarthy; Cummings, Shorey, Gorkss, Mariappa; Leigertwood, Tabb, Kebe, McAnuff (c); Pogrebnyak, Roberts

Fulham (vs Reading): Schwarzer, Baird, Riether, Hangeland, Hughes; Riise, Richardson, Diarra, Duff; Berbatov, Rodallega

West Ham (vs Wigan): Jaaskelainen, Tomkins, Collins, Reid, McCartney, Noble, Diame, Nolan, Benayoun, Jarvis, Carroll

Wigan (vs West Ham): Al Habsi, Boyce, Ramis, Caldwell, Figueroa, Beausejour, McCarthy, McArthur, Maloney, Di Santo, Kone

Well lads whats the story with tomorrow, for me its a straight shoot out between R.V.P and Hazard for team captain. Any tips? Also looking at maybe transfering Mata for Hazard

Well lads whats the story with tomorrow, for me its a straight shoot out between R.V.P and Hazard for team captain. Any tips? Also looking at maybe transfering Mata for Hazard

Going for a nostalgic captain this week with Clint the mint. My captain choices have been woeful this season though, Aguero as VC and my VCs have outscored my captains by about 50 points at this stage I reckon so if you have Aguero go for him I reckon everyone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Given the armband to Defoe as something different, now watch him do feck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Went for Suarez as Captain..have a sneaky feeling:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Given the armband to Defoe as something different, now watch him do feck all.

Dragged after less than an hour :rolleyes:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Dragged after less than an hour :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advise of putting defoe in as captain , ill know better next time not to ask for/take advise on this forum;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Thanks for the advise of putting defoe in as captain , ill know better next time not to ask for/take advise on this forum;)

Perhaps you should visit the the Fantasy Sports Arena, most were gunning for RVP this week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement