Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Premier League

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Going to play the wildcard this week to try and make up ground in my leagues.

Newcastle have a nice run of games coming up but dont know whether to go for Ba or Cisse? Or should i stick with tevez?

Is ben arfa worth a punt or should i go with walcott?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thekid9

Going to play the wildcard this week to try and make up ground in my leagues.

Newcastle have a nice run of games coming up but dont know whether to go for Ba or Cisse? Or should i stick with tevez?

Is ben arfa worth a punt or should i go with walcott?

Think you should go with Ba and Ben Arfa over Walcott as Wenger doesn't seem to be playing him every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Its all gone pear shaped for me lately so ive decided to just bring in rvp and leave him captain as hes flying!
    Im struggling this season cant quite click a team together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Have picked RVP as captain for past 6-7 weeks and been fantastic.

Now this week I am going betraying him by placing the armband on Tevez. I deserve all the suffering I get my way if it goes wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Have picked RVP as captain for past 6-7 weeks and been fantastic.

Now this week I am going betraying him by placing the armband on Tevez. I deserve all the suffering I get my way if it goes wrong.

I've chosen Tevez as captain over RVP these past few weeks, and then for the Arsenal and Chelsea games and he goes and scores, decided to captain him vs Villa, so it's my fault if he don't score :o

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I've chosen Tevez as captain over RVP these past few weeks, and then for the Arsenal and Chelsea games and he goes and scores, decided to captain him vs Villa, so it's my fault if he don't score :o

Yup..

All my fault....

73 points this week \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Im currently ping ponging anywhere from 80th - 120th place .... if I finish top 100 I'll be happy !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Anyone know if Chicharito is going to start this weekend lads, disaster for me last week. I had RVP, Hernandez, Mata and Hazard, with only Hazard getting the job done. If he isn't starting I need to know, and get some1 else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

buyer95 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Chicharito is going to start this weekend lads, disaster for me last week. I had RVP, Hernandez, Mata and Hazard, with only Hazard getting the job done. If he isn't starting I need to know, and get some1 else

I have him starting anyway, knowing my luck i will leave him on the bench and he will come on for 45 minutes and score a hat-trick again:eek:

just make sure you have a strong sub lined up just incase he doesn't get a look in.

At the moment i am going with this. i have a free sub so that might change closer to deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

almanu wrote: »
    I have him starting anyway, knowing my luck i will leave him on the bench and he will come on for 45 minutes and score a hat-trick again:eek:

just make sure you have a strong sub lined up just incase he doesn't get a look in.

At the moment i am going with this. i have a free sub so that might change closer to deadline.

Ah crap just saw there that Rooney and RVP will most probably start tomorrow... Might still leave him in with the way he has played off the bench this year

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/manchester-united-v-queens-park-rangers-predicted-?state=3a9a1e7ae70f454b80a953a3c0df01ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Balls just discovered Fellaini is suspended tomorrow and walcott also out. My midfield is pretty decimated so.
    Would anyone think its good idea to offload fellaini? Tough run of games coming up Arsenal, city and spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Anyone any info on dembele ?

Forgot to captain RVP :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Teams:

Everton vs (Norwich): Howard, Jagielka, Baines, Heitinga, Distin, Naismith, Oviedo, Hitzlsperger, Osman, Pienaar, Jelavic

Norwich vs (Everton): Ruddy; Garrido, Bassong, R. Bennett, Whittaker; Pilkington, Johnson, Tettey, Snodgrass; Hoolahan; Holt (c)

Man United vs (QPR): Lindegaard, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Fletcher, Scholes, Young, Rooney, Welbeck, Van Persie

QPR vs (United): Cesar, Mbia, Hill, Nelsen, Traore, Derry, Faurlin, Mackie, Taarabt, Dyer, Cisse

Stoke vs (Fulham): Fulham: Begovic; Shotton, Shawcross (c), Huth, Cameron; Walters, Whelan, Nzonzi, Adam, Etherington; Crouch

Fulham vs (Stoke): Schwarzer, Riether, Senderos, Hughes, Riise, Dejagah, Karagounis, Baird, Sidwell, Petric, Berbatov

Wigan (vs Reading): Al Habsi, Kone, McCarthy, Jones, Maloney, Gomez, Boyce, Ramis (Capt), Beausejour, Stam, Figueroa

Reading (vs Wigan): Federici; Gunter, Shorey, Gorkss, Morrison; Leigertwood, Tabb, McAnuff (c), Robson-Kanu; Roberts, Le Fondre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Up to 154th in boards league, whoopwhoop! (usually floating around the 500's). Got lucky last 2 weeks by having my highest scoring player as captain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thekid9

Is there another thread that people for fantasy football or are people just not using this thread anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

thekid9 wrote: »
    Is there another thread that people for fantasy football or are people just not using this thread anymore?

There is a whole forum over here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1535

So many injuries, not doing great at all, decide to use my wilcard and start over! Torres captained for this week, here's to 2013!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Anyone else getting some rather strange scores this GW?? :confused:

234768.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

A cool 2,133 points for this week,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I thought they were just feeling sorry for me, because i forgot to make a lot of changes in the last two games. :( (and i am doing brutal this year.)

-129 points for Mignolet :eek:, But a swift recovery of 1,568 for Suarez.. :cool:

6hqe00.jpg

Imagine he played the full 90 minutes.. :rolleyes:
    nlbw1y.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

seems Liverpool must have had a field day yesterday, Sterling got me 1303 points too after scoring 260 goals in 18 mins, only got 2 bonus points though guess Suarez 260 assists for him were more important

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Was just gonna post the same

Here's my grab

301oeub.jpg

Fair play to Luis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Was just gonna post the same

Here's my grab

301oeub.jpg

Fair play to Luis

Not sure which is more peculiar, the points ascribed to Suarez, or the fact that you player a Villa defender after their recent games....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Not sure which is more peculiar, the points ascribed to Suarez, or the fact that you player a Villa defender after their recent games....

:D Forgot to check it the last week, Rafael is sitting on my bench too :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well Jon Walters had an absolute made today. On -4 not helping my team and as he is my vice captain if Santi doesn't play tomorrow it could be worse!

Captained Silva this week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

It’s getting to squeaky bum time and we’re through the looking glass in the final furlong on the home straight.

Here’s my pick of the week.

A consistent performer and always the first name on the team sheet so guaranteed points except for next week when his team aren’t playing. With a solid average of 2 points per game you can’t go wrong. As the old adage goes “two points on the board are better than 24 points in the lap of the gods”. The guys can turn through 360 degrees, so can face whatever way the sun is shining or direction the ball goes, making him the complete package and a Fantasy Football must.

Folks I give you: Pick of the week

Advertisement