Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Premier League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

G.K. wrote: »
    If anybody wants a one page viewer-friendly list of each club's first 10 fixtures, let me know.

I'll take one please.

Edit: Got it, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

If anybody wants a one page viewer-friendly list of each club's first 10 fixtures, let me know.

Will avail also,thanks!.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

dahat wrote: »
    Will avail also,thanks!.......

Yeah, i'll have one too G.K. please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I'm back in.

Team name: Prestige Worldwide(wide-wide-wide-wide). The first word in entertainment. First word.

I wont win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Ive gone for:

Vorm

A Cole, Shawcross, N Shorey,

Kagawa, Cabaye, Hazard (V), Sessegnon

Balotelli, Ba, Torres (C)

Subs: Ruddy, R Taylor, Fabio, Britton

thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Britton's a DM - so he's a no go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭whocares86

any thoughts on this team

GK - vrom +Krul

Def - Kompany , gibbs, Ryan taylor, Assou-Ekotto,Chico ( QPR)

mid - arteta, kevin nolan , yaya toure, Pilkington , Elmohamady

strikers - rooney , carlton cole, Podolski

I doubt Elmohamody will play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭whocares86

I doubt Elmohamody will play.

thanks, replaced him with darren gibson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

ff_13.jpg

still not 100% going with this..tempted to bring in a few chelsea players for week 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Provided he gets the games, Dawson for Spurs is a great price at 5.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Can I get this twos please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

I'll have an auld blast of this as well GK... Good man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Could I get this too please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

7twFa.png

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ok team IMO.

i don't like Chamberlain in there...he'll get 15 starts, maybe this season. you need guaranteed starters for that kind of money.

Cissé could be a dark horse, and is just about right at 6.5. i think there might be better for cheaper though. plus, with Zamora probably the main striker, Cissé could be out wider than you might like.

Richards is in no way a guaranteed starter; especially with Zabaleta's form at the end of last season.

two Chelsea midfielders in probably overkill. i know it's probably for the DGW, but you'll be forced to get rid of one of them pretty quick i'd say. plus you don't really know how Chelsea will line up yet. having 2 new signings from the same team in your FF team is risky, nevermind two who play pretty much the same position. downgrade one of them and improve Fox. there are better options than Fox for 4.5 anyway.

it's the bones of a decent team...a few tweaks and it could jump a couple of levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Dembele for 6m and Coleman/Noble/Gibson/Collison for 5m are some of the better values in midfield I've seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

7twFa.png

Thoughts?

Don't like Richards. I'd upgrade to Lescott. Better chance that he'll play.

Don't fancy Arsenal defenders at all. They let in way too many goals last year and until I see otherwise this year I'd avoid.

Having Hazard and Oscar is ridiculous imo. I'd keep Hazard and get rid of Oscar. I don't think he'll play nearly as much as Hazard this year.

I'd have concerns about The Ox as well. Until he nails down a starting spot I'd avoid.

You picked the wrong Cisse up front.

All it needs is a fw changes and you're on the right path.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Just joined there.

Haven't done this properly in a year or two but looking forward to it this year. Quick draft made of team but will have to revise it before the season kicks off.

In case anyone didn't spot it, Chelsea are playing twice in Gameweek 1.

Are we certain The Ox wont be a guaranteed starter for Arsenal? Its hard to imagine him not being in their lineup to be honest.

• Advertisement

slingerz wrote: »
    Are we certain The Ox wont be a guaranteed starter for Arsenal? Its hard to imagine him not being in their lineup to be honest.

We'll have to wait and see. Wenger was really reluctant to play him for a full match last season. If he does the same this year then I won't be picking him.

ya last year was an unpredicatable and wenger is definitely that way inclined. Just imagine though that Ox is now a year older stronger and wiser that he pretty much wont accept not being in the team especially after his stint in the Euros. Will def be keeping an eye on him anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

uWATj.jpg

Gervinho is a bit of a gamble...

^^^too much spent on defense imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cech, A Cole, Kompany, R Taylor, Huth, Hazard, Y Toure, Dembele, Fellaini, Ben Arfa, Giroud.

Dunno how to post the pic, but thats my starting team at the moment.

Mushy wrote: »
    Cech, A Cole, Kompany, R Taylor, Huth, Hazard, Y Toure, Dembele, Fellaini, Ben Arfa, Giroud.

Wenger has said that Giround will be eased into the EPL so unlikely he will start first match or two,your defence seems very expensive
    Your bench must be pretty poor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wenger has said that Giround will be eased into the EPL so unlikely he will start first match or two,your defence seems very expensive
    Your bench must be pretty poor?

Crap may sub Giroud then. Yeah the bench is week, although it has two guaranteed starters. Its Henderson, Johnson, Lambert, Sam Ameobi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

I think you should downgrade Kompany to Lescott. They are both guaranteed to start but Lescott is cheaper. Money that can be spent elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

Take a screenshot of your pic - ctrl+alt+prnt screen
    Paste it into MS Paint
    Cut it & Save it (to desktop)
    Go here & convert it for boards http://wthax.org/

Crap may sub Giroud then. Yeah the bench is week, although it has two guaranteed starters. Its Henderson, Johnson, Lambert, Sam Ameobi.

Henderson would to me offer very little ff wise,Ameobi is a bit part player,try get better options and you will probably have to downgrade your defenders to free up funds.........

Herehttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79988856&postcount=1489 is a good guide from another poster who done well last year.....

• Advertisement

Henderson would to me offer very little ff wise,Ameobi is a bit part player,try get better options and you will probably have to downgrade your defenders to free up funds.........

Herehttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79988856&postcount=1489 is a good guide from another poster who done well last year.....

Not sure if you know this or not, but it's Wayne Henderson and not Jordan Henderson. Mushy has Cech in goal so he will be starting every game so Henderson is only on the bench as the cheapest option and I presume he isn't planning on playing him at all.

BKC wrote: »
    Not sure if you know this or not, but it's Wayne Henderson and not Jordan Henderson. Mushy has Cech in goal so he will be starting every game so Henderson is only on the bench as the cheapest option and I presume he isn't planning on playing him at all.

Stephen Henderson, you're geting mixed up with Wayne Hennessey.

Henderson, imo, is the only 4.0 goalkeeper who might actually play. Jasskelinen was bad last year and age won't have helped him.

Stephen Henderson, you're geting mixed up with Wayne Hennessey.

Henderson, imo, is the only 4.0 goalkeeper who might actually play. Jasskelinen was bad last year and age won't have helped him.

Nope. I'm getting mixed up with Wayne Henderson, another Irish goalkeeper who retired a few years ago. :o

Anyway I have Stephen Henderson as my 2nd choice keeper as I think he may start. Bogdan started ahead of Jasskelinen last year as he was so poor and he is 37 now. Big Sam will probably go for his experience though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

xerces wrote: »
    Just for clarity, is this the one and only boards.ie fantasy league being created or are there usually several? I want to join this year but I don't want to be in multiple leagues, just the main one.

You're opening up a bag of worms with that question. Really, there's no "official" Boards.ie league, just a "Soccer forum league" and a "Fantasy Sports Arena league", but it should be noted that this thread died last season around Jan/Feb when the Fantasy Sports Arena was created. Since then, the FSA has grown and grown.

All of the top Boards players from last season are over on that forum, so if you're looking for the most/best info, I'd strongly suggest the FSA.

We've got a thread dedicated to fantasy football resources to help you pick the best players, a "Rate My Team" thread to help you with your tinkering, and a Pre Season Thread currently discussing pre-season games and transfer speculation.

If you prefer all your FF chat to be in one thread like over here, we've got a General FF Chat thread too.

As for activity, we're approaching a total of about 60 pages from threads discussing this season already, compared to 6 pages here. Since we're spread over several threads, it's not as chaotic as it sounds. :cool:

Whichever you choose, good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Cheers for all the info.
    carlcon wrote: »
    Really, there's no "official" Boards.ie league, just a "Soccer forum league" and a "Fantasy Sports Arena league"

Has this league been created yet? I'd like to join.

I reckon I'll join the soccer forum league, the fantasy sports arena league and one paid league for the craic.

Edit: Found the FSA league.

The FSA forum I don't really like to be honest, I prefer when this thread is active because despite doing very well last year I just want some lighthearted discussion and to make my own decisions with regards to my team. This thread until the FSA opened up provided that and then FF discussion on this forum died a death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Liam O wrote: »
    The FSA forum I don't really like to be honest, I prefer when this thread is active because despite doing very well last year I just want some lighthearted discussion and to make my own decisions with regards to my team. This thread until the FSA opened up provided that and then FF discussion on this forum died a death.

as many thought it would.

they seem to be getting on fine over in the FSA, so it's worked out from that point of view.

this thread was always going to lose interest as a result.

i prefer one thread for everything, but ho hum. this way might suit all parties once the season starts. people may well use this thread more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Liam O wrote: »

Same, not that into the game that i need 60 pages of info, i do fine without it, granted my private money league is all im interested in.

Most people lose interest after a few months anyway, its the ones that keep their interest the longest that rise up tables. Finished top 50 and top 100 in boards last 2 years and missed the deadline plenty of times. Talking about the game all week isnt really that interesting imo, did that years ago and nearly always ended up with players i would have chosen without any discussion.

Injury news is all you want really during the week so you dont lose team value and such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

1st draft of about 1,000,000

Fantasy_Football_Draft_1_2.jpg

• Advertisement

Too much money invested in your defense imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Havent had a decent look yet but has there been any changes on last years format. (re transfers/player selection ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Knex. wrote: »
    Just joined there.

Haven't done this properly in a year or two but looking forward to it this year. Quick draft made of team but will have to revise it before the season kicks off.

In case anyone didn't spot it, Chelsea are playing twice in Gameweek 1.[/QUOTE]

Will this game be moved if they are in Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

First draft, Sorry about the size :o;

FF_Team_1.jpg

Thaughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Henderson

Koscielny---Rafael---Lescott

Allen---Mata---Kagawa---Hazard

Pogrebnyak---Torres---Rooney

Ruddy
    Ferdinand (QPR)
    McCarthy (WIG)
    Figueroa

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

Who would you pick between Cabaye and Ben Arfa?

• Advertisement

Who would you pick between Cabaye and Ben Arfa?

Ben Arfa is the better player for FF when he's on the pitch but doesn't start near as much as Cabaye which is a big problem as I found out last season :mad: If he's playing regularly though it would be Ben Arfa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Thoughts on this very welcome...

[IMG][/img]FF_draft_1.jpg

Joe Cole?

How the hell have 0.9% of people picked him in the game? Did I miss out on some big news over the weekend or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Joe Cole?

How the hell have 0.9% of people picked him in the game? Did I miss out on some big news over the weekend or what?

I'm not quite clear on the point you're making. He seems very a Rodgers type of player, has incredible talent, and was very good for Lille last year playing in a No. 10 role. Everybody has to take a punt on some players in this game and he's only £6.0 so is a small enough risk.

I think Torres at £10.0 is a much bigger risk than Cole.

ambid wrote: »
    I'm not quite clear on the point you're making. He seems very a Rodgers type of player, has incredible talent, and was very good for Lille last year playing in a No. 10 role. Everybody has to take a punt on some players in this game and he's only £6.0 so is a small enough risk.

I think Torres at £10.0 is a much bigger risk than Cole.

I'd be very surprised if he made any impact this season. He's on crazy wages and seems to contribute very little. I think it's more likely that he'll leave than he will become an integral part of the team.

Torres is nowhere near the same level of risk as Cole. Torres is effectively the only striker at club who have some of the best attacking midfielders in the PL, and as such he is pretty much guaranteed a start. You can't compare the two at all.

It's fine taking one risk if you're confident of it but from what I can see you're taking a few more as well. I wouldn't have Ferdinand in there. He hasn't scored a goal or gotten an assist in 5 seasons, and he's a bit suspect with the injuries (although not as bad as he used to be).

Will Dawson even get a game? Same for Santon. He came in and out of the team last season and he was very frustrating. When he played he was great and then he got dropped again for another few games. I'm not so sure about him.

You need to make sure that you have guaranteed starters at the very least. You have 3 that I'd be worried about (Cole, Dawson, Santon) and then there are others who may well be rotated at times (Ferdinand, Valencia).

• Advertisement
Advertisement