Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Premier League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Would any of ye care to cast your eye over this draft to see what ye think?

Ruddy

Shorey Lescott Simpson Shawcross

Hazard Kagawa Walcott

Aguero Rooney Pogrebnyak

Subs: Cerny, A.Ferdinand, N.Dyer, Noble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    First Draft:

Not sure about a couple of them, will have another look later.

Put your bias to one side and get rid of Suarez for the moment. I'd take a look at him after a couple of weeks but not now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Xavi6 wrote: »
    First draft -

Szcezsny
    Begovic

Shawcross
    Cole
    Baines (dead balls)
    Simpson
    Martin

Larsson (dead balls)
    Mata
    Michu (good record last year in Spain)
    Noble (dead balls)
    Yaya

Torres (two nice fixtures to start, see how he goes)
    Aguero (my shout for top scorer)
    Pogrebnyak

Torres! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

This indeed is the most shocking aspect of FF 12/13..........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Szczesny
    Green

Cole
    Walker
    Coloccini
    Hutton
    Nelsen

Obertan
    Cazorla
    Pienaar
    Mata
    Yaya

Torres
    Suarez
    Pogrebnyak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jurahnimoh

Im in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United in the first 8 GWs for Stoke. Dodgy to have a keeper and a defender from Stoke for that run of games. Especially when Szcezsny is up against, Liverpool, City, Chelsea in 3 of the first 6.

Everton usually start poorly. It's a risk to have an expensive defender, when his team usually concede plenty of goals early on, solely on his set piece ability. It is generally best to go for him in the second half of the season.

Having no Spurs coverage for (starting GW2) West Brom(H), Norwich(H), Reading(A), QPR(H) is a risk.

Similarly, no United coverage for (starting GW2) Fulham(H), Southampton(A), Wigan(H) is a risk.

Though, you could probably fix both for a -4 hit, if you are set on that for GW1.

Who from Spurs is worth signing? Geniune question. Sigurdsson could be hit and miss, Van der Vaart's head might not be in it, Adebayor isn't around, Defoe can't be trusted to do it week in, week out, Modric's heart isn't in it and Bale is fairly pricey. Plus I'd rather wait until I see how AVB's settling period pans out.

Until United get a settled back four fully fit I won't be touching their defenders, and apart from that only Rooney and Valencia are of interest for now. My plan is to most likely bring in Rooney for Torres after the first gameweek anyway (see below for reasoning).

Baines scores consistently and Everton have a few decent fixtures after week one. I will look at changing Begovic though so nice one for that.

EDIT: Kyle Walker is about the only Spurs player I'd consider, and he could come in for Baines for the first few weeks.

Double gameweek in week 1 with two relatively nice fixtures, yep. If he doesn't do the business then out he goes and I've plenty of money to play with.

Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Just signed up there,looking forward to it.

Just spotted that Tevez is only 9 million and just 9% of teams have him. Could be a handy way to get a head start early on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Who from Spurs is worth signing? Geniune question. Sigurdsson could be hit and miss, Van der Vaart's head might not be in it, Adebayor isn't around, Defoe can't be trusted to do it week in, week out, Modric's heart isn't in it and Bale is fairly pricey. Plus I'd rather wait until I see how AVB's settling period pans out.

Until United get a settled back four fully fit I won't be touching their defenders, and apart from that only Rooney and Valencia are of interest for now. My plan is to most likely bring in Rooney for Torres after the first gameweek anyway (see below for reasoning).

United's back five for the opening game will almost certainly be:

de Gea
    Rafael----Vidic----Ferdinand----Evra

Smalling and Evans are injured, and Jones shouldn't start as he hasn't any minutes under his belt this pre season. Rafael at 5.5m is a bargain because he has a better chance of keeping a CS than the majority of defenders around his price and he's also a good for a few assists.

The other defenders that I see real value in are Jenkinson at 4.5m (he should start as Sagna is injured) and Zabaleta at 6m (Richards out injured for a month)

With regards Spurs players, I wouldn't go near Sigurdsson or van der Vaart because there's too much uncertainty over who will start and they're both expensive.

I do think Bale could well be value at 9.5m though for a few reasons. 1) Just turned 23 - not unreasonable to expect him to develop further as a player 2) Had the Summer off and a decent pre season under his belt 3) Scored 195 points last season playing wide left of a 4-4-1-1/4-4-2. AVB likes to play a more fluid 4-3-3 which gives the wide players less defensive responsibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Szczesny
    Green

Cole
    Walker
    Coloccini
    Hutton
    Nelsen

Obertan
    Cazorla
    Pienaar
    Mata
    Yaya

Torres
    Suarez
    Pogrebnyak

Don't think Hutton is going to featue much for Villa.

And I'm no newcastle fan, but I wonder think Obertan will get many starts either with Ben Afra around.

Might be worth thinking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Bale. He is the safest bet at the moment. The 0.5 extra over the other midfield options is reasonable.

When both VDV & Sigurdsson were on the pitch in pre-season, VDV was behind Defoe, with Sigurdsson dropping deeper. Could be an early indication of the longer term.

I meant United attacking coverage. I'm not going near the defense, the RB spot isn't nailed on. Rio is fairly injury prone, Vidic and Evra are over priced. DDG didn't play some of the favourable home fixtures last season. Torres -> Rooney for GW2 looks good if you have the money to do it.

If Kagawa plays regularly behind Rooney, at 8.5 he could be the player to have. He has looked very sharp in pre-season.

Yep, by swapping Aguero for Tevez I have and extra 2.5 mil in the bank (3 mil in total) and need only 2 of that to bring in Rooney for Torres. Looks a winner to start with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Yep, by swapping Aguero for Tevez I have and extra 2.5 mil in the bank (3 mil in total) and need only 2 of that to bring in Rooney for Torres. Looks a winner to start with.

Is Tevez more likely to be rotated than Aguero though? Such as for GW3 at home to QPR. I could see Balotelli getting a start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

Second Draft;

Green
    Ruddy

Coloccini
    Fabio
    Kaboul
    Clyne
    Jenkinson

Silva
    Guthrie
    Hazard/Bale (Not sure yet, Hazard at the moment)
    Allen
    Britton

Rooney
    Aguero
    Torres

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jurahnimoh

My draft

reina
    federici

cole
    walker
    fox
    clark
    mccartney

hazard
    bale
    mata
    allen
    yaya toure

suarez
    vaz te
    pogrebnyak

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

richieffff wrote: »
    You guessed right, Liverpool fan and there was a lot of bias when picking the team :o
    I'll remove the suggested players and change up the defence for a lower cost. I'll be sure to fill in the midfield with some Chelsea and United players.

Thanks for the Advice, might have been a pretty painful start to season.

EDIT: Revised team. I did however leave Suarez in and ran out of money for a fourth and fifth high quality midfielder.

I be careful with the Chelsea players as they have so many Midfielder and Defenders not 2 sure who would start Hazard I say could be. I be concerned with Vorm given new manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I am in for the second year:

Team is below try to copy in image but would not work (any suggestions) Going 4-3-3 at the moment. Let me hear what you think

Griff Celtic
    GAMEWEEK 1 TRANSFERS

Goldkeepers
    Hart
    £7.0
    Howard (Sub)
    £5.5

Defenders
    Baines (Sub)
    £7.0
    Cahill
    £6.5
    Taylor R
    £5.5
    Williams
    £5.0
    Harte
    £4.5

Midfield
    Hazard
    £9.5
    Moses
    £7.0
    Allen
    £5.5
    Ramsey (Sub)
    £6.0
    McClean (Sub)
    £6.5

Forward
    Borini
    £8.0
    Hunt
    £5.0
    Aguero
    £11.5

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Is Tevez more likely to be rotated than Aguero though? Such as for GW3 at home to QPR. I could see Balotelli getting a start?

Given they've played all preseason as the startng pair I think that's what Mancini will go with for at least the first few games. Tevez just looks so fit and sharp now and definitely has goals in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Heres mine lads what you think:

Krul
    Coloccni Kaboul Jones Hanngleland
    Silva Ben Arfa Larsson Modric
    Aguero Jelavic

Subs - Foster TBC Noble Graham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Anyone like to guess city's back 4 for the first game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Zabaleta Kompany Lescott Clichy

Would be my guess .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Zabaleta Kompany Lescott Clichy

Would be my guess .
    When Richards returns he could slot at RB for Zabaleta or just rot on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Much like the the Tevez/Agureo change, what do you guys reckon the saving a few million by picking Nasri ahead of Silva. Silva was gold last year and I'd imagine he'll be his assist-machine self this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

Do people (Particularly would like to hear an arsenal fans opinion) think that alex oxlade-chamberlain will start for arsenal this season? Would be a steal at 5.5m if he did. Clearly has talent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Don't think Hutton is going to featue much for Villa.

And I'm no newcastle fan, but I wonder think Obertan will get many starts either with Ben Afra around.

Might be worth thinking about.

That team has got major surgery since that post.........Hutton Nelsen and Obertan all gone as is Green. Replaced by Guthrie, Shawcross and someone else that I cant remember.

And it will no doubt be changed again numerous times before Sat morning!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Much like the the Tevez/Agureo change, what do you guys reckon the saving a few million by picking Nasri ahead of Silva. Silva was gold last year and I'd imagine he'll be his assist-machine self this season.
    Narsi will be fighting for his place with Silva so he is a no for me at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Do people (Particularly would like to hear an arsenal fans opinion) think that alex oxlade-chamberlain will start for arsenal this season? Would be a steal at 5.5m if he did. Clearly has talent

he would be a steal at 5.5 pity he is 7.5 in the game though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

redzerdrog wrote: »
    he would be a steal at 5.5 pity he is 7.5 in the game though ;)

Bollix was looking at the sky sports one! I was wondering why I didnt already have him at 5.5. Still would like to know though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Joined.

Team name: Window Lickers.

Team.
    B24C9D43E3EF4B00938F9A6BC2E9713D-0000324468-0002971667-00623L-AFF6905379F2423895F2B3568C538C08.jpg

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Joined.

Team name: Window Lickers.

No offence but that is a bad team in my opinion.

Get rid of all of your Liverpool players. They're not good enough.

De Jong is useless in Fantasy Football and I don't like Lampard. He's too expensive.

Wouldn't go near a Spurs defender until we see how they are going to defend. Far better options out there for much cheaper.

Wouldn't have Given in there. He's a little expensive and there's no guarantee that they'll be sound defensively. Rudd is a waste especially with Given in your team as well. Get two alternating keepers who will start.

The rest are alright.

I don't know why but it always seems to be Liverpool fans who are the most biased when it comes to picking their own players. The only one who I would even consider getting is Suarez, but that'd only be if he showed that he is capable of actually scoring this season.

You have to leave all club loyalties at the door when you play this game. If you don't then you'll get nowhere and your season will be finished by Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Jesus Jimmy...go easy on him :P

Liverpool have a tough set of fixtures so I wouldn't touch their players for a while imo. I'd prolly keep Suarez though.

In GW 3 Chelsea have no fixture just to warn you! And I agree Lampard is just too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

No offence but that is a bad team in my opinion.

Get rid of all of your Liverpool players. They're not good enough.

De Jong is useless in Fantasy Football and I don't like Lampard. He's too expensive.

Wouldn't go near a Spurs defender until we see how they are going to defend. Far better options out there for much cheaper.

Wouldn't have Given in there. He's a little expensive and there's no guarantee that they'll be sound defensively. Rudd is a waste especially with Given in your team as well. Get two alternating keepers who will start.

The rest are alright.

I don't know why but it always seems to be Liverpool fans who are the most biased when it comes to picking their own players. The only one who I would even consider getting is Suarez, but that'd only be if he showed that he is capable of actually scoring this season.

You have to leave all club loyalties at the door when you play this game. If you don't then you'll get nowhere and your season will be finished by Christmas.

That's good analysis. Harsh but good.

I'm sorry for going a little overboard with the criticism. It just annoys me when I see Liverpool fans putting in 3 of their players, or United fans doing the same or Spurs fans sticking with VDV even though he's after doing his hammy for the fifth game in a row. With a little less loyalty and more thought you can boost your score by a huge amount.

Liverpool should be avoided for the next while just to see how they settle in.

I remember last year all of the Liverpool fans who refused to get rid of Suarez despite every sign pointing at the fact that he was completely out of form. The stubbornness resulted in them dropping places.

Suarez is definitely one to watch this season imo. He has all the talent in the world so if he starts tucking them away he would be a great player to get in, and he's a lovely price as well. Just like Tevez, nice and cheap and leaves money for other positions.

I'd avoid 3 players from one club if you can. On the good days it'll be a master-stroke but on the bad days it'll be a total shambles and you may struggle to get past 30 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

I just don't get this idea of showing your team! :confused:

• Advertisement

I didn't realise i still had Allen in the team as i'd signed him as a Swansea player.

I'm undecided about the whole midfield tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Suarez is definitely one to watch this season imo. He has all the talent in the world so if he starts tucking them away he would be a great player to get in, and he's a lovely price as well. Just like Tevez, nice and cheap and leaves money for other positions.

It's a game of risk really. Yes, players could bomb. But they could also be a hit and by the time you decide to bring them in, their price will have skyrocketed.

This game is unpredictable, the sure things last season are guaranteed to be sure things this season, while some players could very well surprise you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'd be curious to hear the opinions of people on Kagawa, do people think he'll be a regular starter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'm sorry for going a little overboard with the criticism. It just annoys me when I see Liverpool fans putting in 3 of their players, or United fans doing the same or Spurs fans sticking with VDV even though he's after doing his hammy for the fifth game in a row. With a little less loyalty and more thought you can boost your score by a huge amount.

Liverpool should be avoided for the next while just to see how they settle in.

I remember last year all of the Liverpool fans who refused to get rid of Suarez despite every sign pointing at the fact that he was completely out of form. The stubbornness resulted in them dropping places.

I'd avoid 3 players from one club if you can. On the good days it'll be a master-stroke but on the bad days it'll be a total shambles and you may struggle to get past 30 points.

What would be wrong with 3 United players? They got the same amount of points as City last season and look like improving this season. The best teams will have mainly attackers from the biggest teams and 1 or 2 good cheapies. I only have Stephen Ireland in my attacking 8 who didn't finish in the top 6 last season. My defense suffers because of it and I'm taking a risk starting with 3 Chelsea lads on the first week but the main points in this game are from the top 4 or 5 teams attackers and there haven't been as many clean sheets in the last couple of years as before so it's a risk worth taking imo.

Liam O wrote: »
    What would be wrong with 3 United players?

There's nothing wrong with them. It was a bad example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

217036.png

What do people think?

I normally invest heavily in defense but last year that cost me desperately. Don't think any of the big teams have strengthened their defense so I expect that sort of defensive performance to continue. As such, I only invested 24.5 million there. Put the bulk of my money into Bale, VDV, Mata, Rooney and Torres.

I think Spurs have the easiest run by far, so think those players are going to be key, especially if VDV is taking penalties. Think Mata is an obvious choice, especially with the DGW.

Expect Rooney to be in top form, making him my big points getting for the first 6 weeks. However also going with Torres because I think he's going to be good this season finally. Think Pogrebnyak will be a great buy this year.

I'm also keen to avoid players that I think everyone will transfer out after one bad game week, as that hurt me heavily last year.

Any opinions? Overly harsh is good, I want to win :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Am I the only one that thinks VDV really hasn't been up to much the last few seasons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Nope, but I think that this season, with no striker yet signed for Spurs, that even when they sign one, he's likely to be effectively playing a second striker. For the last two seasons running, he's gotten 165-167 points. His value at 9 puts him in great shape, and their easy run at the start just hammers it home even more. Think he's a good value pick.

PHB wrote: »
    Nope, but I think that this season, with no striker yet signed for Spurs, that even when they sign one, he's likely to be effectively playing a second striker. For the last two seasons running, he's gotten 165-167 points. His value at 9 puts him in great shape, and their easy run at the start just hammers it home even more. Think he's a good value pick.

I'd worry a little with Sigurdsson in there as well. VDV is very injury prone and if he misses a few games and Sigurdsson steps up he could well find himself being ousted.

I won't be picking him because I have no faith in that hamstring of his. I wonder will AVB play him for the full 90 minutes in games or will he continue to be taken off after 60-70 minutes like he was with Harry?

I'm surprised at the amount of people with Torres in their side.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I'm surprised at the amount of people with Torres in their side.

Well for me he's a guaranteed starter, cheap enough, has two games and he showed at the weekend that he may just have the confidence back.

Most people seem to be getting rid of him after the first week anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Well for me he's a guaranteed starter, cheap enough, has two games and he showed at the weekend that he may just have the confidence back.

Most people seem to be getting rid of him after the first week anyway.

im shocked with Tevez 9million and noone is taken him

but1er wrote: »
    im shocked with Tevez 9million and noone is taken him

Ssshhh

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Ssshhh

it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

sorry for ruining the surprise haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement