Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Premier League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

*Think* I've settled for week one -

Szczesny
    Ruddy

Simpson
    Cole
    Walker
    Shawcross
    Martin

Yaya
    Mata
    Noble
    Michu
    Larsson

Tevez
    Torres
    Progrebnyak

Leaves me a cool 3 million in the bank to play around with and maybe ship Torres out for Rooney. Probably give the armband to Mata as well with the two games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

PHB wrote: »
    217036.png

What do people think?

I normally invest heavily in defense but last year that cost me desperately. Don't think any of the big teams have strengthened their defense so I expect that sort of defensive performance to continue. As such, I only invested 24.5 million there. Put the bulk of my money into Bale, VDV, Mata, Rooney and Torres.

I think Spurs have the easiest run by far, so think those players are going to be key, especially if VDV is taking penalties. Think Mata is an obvious choice, especially with the DGW.

Expect Rooney to be in top form, making him my big points getting for the first 6 weeks. However also going with Torres because I think he's going to be good this season finally. Think Pogrebnyak will be a great buy this year.

I'm also keen to avoid players that I think everyone will transfer out after one bad game week, as that hurt me heavily last year.

Any opinions? Overly harsh is good, I want to win :)

The two goalkeepers, I don't see much of a problem.

Lescott is okay for now but be wary if City sign Agger. Both might play in this new 3-4-1-2 system that City have been using pre season but there's a chance Mancini will revert back to the flat back 4 and Agger >>> Lescott.

Dump Shawcross. Stoke play all of Arsenal, City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool in their first 8 games.

Hangeland seems okay.

Don't know much about Barnett's prospects this season. At 4m you're probably not palning on using him much though.

Dump Clyne. Southampton have a horrid run of fixtures at the start.

I'm not sure Allen is going to score many points this season, I don't think he has a great record for goals/assists. Liverpool have a tough start as well, I'd steer clear.

Cleverley is a no no for me, at least for now. Hasn't even scored a senior goal yet for United, doesn't have many assists at all and his place in the side is far from certain.

Bale is fine.

Too many question marks over VDV. The Siggy signing throws up too much uncertainty.

Mata I suppose should be fine but I wouldn't really fancy him at 9.5m, he has so much competition. The signings of Oscar, Marin and Hazard could all affect his game time and playing position.

Rooney is fair enough, be be wary if van Persie signs. He'd probably end up sharing more goals and for Rooney to be value at 12m, he'd want to be coming close to matching last season's return.

Torres - fair enough. Nice fixtures to start with and see how he does.

Pogrebnyak at 5m could be value but I'd be wary about jumping on that bandwagon. He scored 6 in 12 for Fulham last season but 5 of those were in his first 3 games (including a hattrick). He only scored once in his next 9 appearances despite starting every game. He's far from a reliable goalscorer but is probably worth the risk at 5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Id appreciate an opinion on this team before the off on Sat, im fairly happy with it at the moment tbh. Just in case anyone is wondering why iv included Jenkinson - Sagna is out with a broken leg at the moment & id imagine he will slot in to cover for him.

scaled.php?server=69&filename=premx.png&res=landing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Too many Liverpool players, their start is very rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Personally i think this years team selection is the hardest yet. Its hard to choose from the top two (man city & man utd) due to the fact that there is no guarantee who will start for half of each teams.

Over the years it was simple who to choose in midfield, whether it be Gerrard, Lampard, Fabregas etc, they would always be able to guarantee you a starting position and a high intake of points.

Silva for man City is the highest mid this year and even still hes not on set pieces and i also dont feel confident selecting him because a) hes not on set pieces b) he didnt play against Chelsea and c) Nasri played well in that game.

Still thats what makes this seasons game highley anticipated! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Think I've settled on this:

GK: Jaaskelainen, Ruddy (SUB)

DEF: Shawcross, Simpson, Onuoha (SUB) , Collins, Shorey (SUB)

MID: Silva, Sigurdsson, Hazard, McCarthy (SUB) , Noble

FOR: Suarez, Ba, Aguero

3-4-3 Formation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

First draft:
    edPT3.png

Not overly hapy with it so I would like opinions.
    Tevez is a gamble on whether he'll start while I think Torrez coulddo great this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Any opinions lads:

Krul

Vermaalen --- Lescott --- Clichy subs: Tompkins --- Gunter

Cazorla --- N'Zogbia --- Michu --- Sessegnon subs: Guthrie

Tevez (vc) --- Torres (c) --- Podolski

Most worried about my midfield. But I think N'Zogbia could have a big season with Lambert in charge compared to last season with McLeish playing a very defensive, conservative style. Unsure might Cazorla might fare. He is an absolute quality player IMO but not sure how'll he'll cope in England, could take time to adapt. Same with with Michu. Sessegnon is probably the only player I can count on to get me points, not too many though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

how do you take the screenshots of your FF team?

• Advertisement

Guill wrote: »
    First draft:
    edPT3.png

Tevez is a gamble on whether he'll start while I think Torrez coulddo great this season.

hmmm I would get rid of Kaboul and Wright-Phillips.Not a bad pick by any means, but personally I don't see Gutierrez doing that well in FF this season.I'd say leave Tevez where he is, he's been in good form lately and looks lightly to start up front alongside with aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

DyldeBrill wrote: »

If Windows 7 you can use Snipping Tool. Just search for it in startup menu.

If XP, press prints screen/prntscr and then open up MS Paint, right click and paste onto blank canvas, or Ctrl+V.

You can then crop the photo to remove the excess part of the screen shot.

with subs being Hangeland, Vlaar and Pienaar...GK-Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

DyldeBrill wrote: »

http://gyazo.com/ Is also very handy and easy to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Think I've settled on this:

GK: Jaaskelainen, Ruddy (SUB)

DEF: Shawcross, Simpson, Onuoha (SUB) , Collins, Shorey (SUB)

MID: Silva, Sigurdsson, Hazard, McCarthy (SUB) , Noble

FOR: Suarez, Ba, Aguero

3-4-3 Formation

If you can't play Shorey in a double GW, then you probably shouldn't pick him at all.

Silva isn't match fit and may not start in GW1.

Ba is doubtful.

Shawcross basically has the worst fixture list imaginable for the first 8 GWs.

Suarez has tough fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

still cant put up screen shot of team. here's my first draft

1. krul
    2. rafael
    3. hangeland
    4. vlaar
    5. noble
    6. nasri
    7. larrson
    8. cazorla
    9. torres
    10.rooney
    11. tevez

12. michu
    13. barnett
    14. fabio
    15. cerny

first draft. probably a few changes before the weekend. have good feeling about cazorla- think he could be a star this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Guill wrote: »
    First draft:
    edPT3.png

Take it or leave it....

Jones isn't a nailed on starter.

Shawcross & Crouch basically both have the worst fixture list imaginable for the first 8 GW.

Risse is over priced at 5.5, I think.

Valencia is liable to rotation and may play RB in some games when he does play. He has to share game time with Nani, Young, possibly Kagawa and Welbeck too.

Nasri & Silva may be competing for one spot long term.

Kaboul isn't a nailed on starter with Dawson & Vert at the club.

There are better options than Gutierrez. Larsson could be a good choice, but Sunderland have a lack of strikers compared to previous seasons which may effect him.

I think SWP is worth a punt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

These are my boys for GW 1 gentlemen.

7c0b3b00c50593f8764b0394135ba56e.png?1345057698

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

ffteam.jpg
    By vanbis at 2012-08-15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

what do folk think of this!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Rite , think I am about ready to roll :

Going to keep 1.5mil in the bank to swap Aguero with RVP as I doubt RVP will start for Man U , my only other issue then is Glenn Whelan but he does score the odd gole and Sunderland should be a solid enough outfit this season.

217205.png

The Subs bench :

217206.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

What do people make of this team? I've £1m in the bank to switch in Rooney for Aguero in week 2. Decided to try a different tactic this year and spend big on my attack to the obvious detriment of my defense/gk.

0KAoE.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

What do people make of this team? I've £1m in the bank to switch in Rooney for Aguero in week 2. Decided to try a different tactic this year and spend big on my attack to the obvious detriment of my defense/gk.

0KAoE.jpg

I would not have Hazzard as Captain , think it will take him a few games to get up to speed and gel into the new squad ,

Blind faith has me having Torres as the captain but if he does not have 2-3 goals by the 23/08/12 he will be stripped of that position,

I have Suarez in my side but I still think Liverpool are lacking creativity in the middle of the park , That Silva or Mata type of player , it just might be this kid from Real madrid that will adress that issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Have Podolski picked at the moment as one of my forwards and 0.5M left in the bank is he a safe enough bet now that RVP is on his way? Or is there another forward I could get in the 9 million range?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Tevez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

richieffff wrote: »
    Have Podolski picked at the moment as one of my forwards and 0.5M left in the bank is he a safe enough bet now that RVP is on his way? Or is there another forward I could get in the 9 million range?

I would imagine Giroud will be RVP's direct replacement but its hard to know.
    I think Podolski has mostly played out wide for Germany so Im thinking Arsene will do the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm making this my team for Gameweek 1... I say that now but I've completely forgotten about Michu....

Fantasy_Football_Gameweek_1.jpg

EDIT: Might stick Lukaku in ahead of Gibson though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

I'm running my own paid league with a few friends....could do with a extra few extra bodies, 15 or so in so far....... €10 to enter....if anyone wants in send me a pm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Tevez?

Should have mentioned, I have him picked too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Any opinion on my team please

Szczesny

Cole Shawcross Jenkinson

Kagawa Cleverly Hazard De Guzman Milner

Augero Rooney

Subs: gazzaniga Stam Senderos Vaz te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

It has taken a lot of tinkering to get this.

What do ye think.

Happy with the backs, and forwards but not too happy with midfield. Last year was very much a year for the forwards, and the year before was a year for the midfield to dominate. I am hoping the strikers do it this year.

random_nobody.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Any opinions on this for a line-up:

De Gea

A. Cole
    Coloccini
    Evra
    Mertesacker

Kagawa
    Allen
    Ramires
    Downing

Torres (c)
    Aguero

Subs: Given, Fabio, Holt, Dyer

Havent really played FF seriously before so any help would be appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭andy125

Could i get an opinion on this team

2saxxlg.jpg

Very Attack minded and i know the defence is very weak but im hoping the midfield and forwards make up for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Will kagawa start now that rvp has joined united???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭andy125

jarvis wrote: »
    Will kagawa start now that rvp has joined united???

from what i have seen of pre-season he has to start but yea i have no idea how they will fit rvp and kawaga, maybe throw him into a 2 man midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

Sit back in awe lads, this will win it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Just wondering what the thoughts were on my squad and starting 11 for the weekend?

Only concern I have is Valencia and whether he'll be a regular starter?

Its either him or Dempsey as I have 0.5m in bank, or I could go cheaper for Michu and maybe use the 3m to beef up the defence better

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Just wondering what the thoughts were on my squad and starting 11 for the weekend?

Only concern I have is Valencia and whether he'll be a regular starter?

Very good team!;) Yeah...Val is the only question mark alright, you might consider holding back a couple of million to make trades for round 2! Helps alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Rezident

Trying to decide between Mata and Hazard and then I thought what about Lampard? I know he's getting on but he scores a lot of goals, takes free kicks, peno's etc. What do people think about Lampard this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I don't think he's on set pieces any more.

Any thoughts on this guys?

73479388.png

NOTE - Swap the keepers round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Here's my team.

217341.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

^^^^^ who's on your bench?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

racso1975 wrote: »
    ^^^^^ who's on your bench?

Pollit, Cattermole, Britton, Stam.

Yeah it's not the best bench.....

Edit: @ who_ru, have allen in because he was cheap and I think he's a good player, manager will get the best out of him also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Here's my outfit, subs in brackets:

Szczesny (Jaskalainen)

Jenkinson Lescott A Cole (Hangeland, Clyne)

Silva Allen Toure Kagawa (Miyaichi)

Defoe Torres Podolski

Pretty happy with that, looking forward to seeing how I go now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    Here's my team.

217341.JPG

Terry is not really the best choice he is getting old does not have the speed anymore prone to some errors and depending what happens with the FA charge may not be playing for a while. In relation to RVP I would not touch him yet due to the oint we dont know where he will play for Man Utd and how he well gel with Rooney they are 2 similar I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

why has everyone got a hard on for allen all of a sudden? just because he's had a big transfer..................................pleasssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

who_ru wrote: »
    why has everyone got a hard on for allen all of a sudden? just because he's had a big transfer..................................pleasssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i have him in as he cost 5.5 and he is playing in a team being managed by someone who knows how to get the best out of him . also pains me to say it but i can really see Rogers doing a great job this season , so common sense having Allen really ;)

Here's my team at the moment , taking a bit of a risk with a few players , mainly Torres and Kagawa

66dgs5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Well he's available for 5.5m, scored close to 120 points last season, and has moved with his manager to a better team. Should pick up a lot more clean sheet points at least, but I'd be happy if he returns 120 again over the season. If things go well for him, at such small money he can be my midfield version of Brede Hangeland, who's been in my team constantly for the past 2 years and remains good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Henderson springs to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Any comments\suggestions on my FF team...have I concentrated too much on a stong back line?

I don't know how to display this in a thread..(it seems I need to have a URL for it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

My starting line-up for the weekend is...

Foster
    Lescott, shawcross, clichy, Simpson.
    Whitehead, Sinclair, Gutierrez.
    RVP, Rooney, Aguero.

• Advertisement
Advertisement