Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Premier League

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Hi could someone please tell me where i can find the place to change my formations! been looking and just cannot see it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Hi could someone please tell me where i can find the place to change my formations! been looking and just cannot see it :(

you just say take a defender out and put a mid/striker in and it updates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Just take out 1 defender or 1 mid or 1 forward and it changes automtically.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What do people make of this team? I've £1m in the bank to switch in Rooney for Aguero in week 2. Decided to try a different tactic this year and spend big on my attack to the obvious detriment of my defense/gk.

0KAoE.jpg

Personally I'd go for Simpson or Coloccini if you're planning to have any defenders from Newcastle in your team. Same price as Santon too. Santon does provide more of a threat going forward though tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭DarrenCroker

My team,
    Goalkeeper-Vorm
    Defenders-Kompany Vermaelen Clichy
    Midfielders-Sinclair Santi-Cazorla Larsson Wright-phillips
    Forwards-Crouch Podolski Aguero

Bench- Foster Hutton Taylor Whitehead

Whats do people think? Might have to take cazorla out if he isn't fit to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

My starting line-up for the weekend is...

Foster
    Lescott, shawcross, clichy, Simpson.
    Whitehead, Sinclair, Gutierrez.
    RVP, Rooney, Aguero.

Midfield looks a bit light who do you have a subs , personally i would just choose one between RVP and Rooney and invest the extra funds in a solid midfielder .

I went for RVP over Rooney myself .also Kolarov might be a better option over Glichy as in preseason he started in midfield to fall in with the new formation Mancini is using .

these are just opinions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

My team is:

Schwarzer

Tomkins
    Dawson
    Harte
    Lescott

Valencia
    Lennon
    Yaya

Torres
    Aguero
    Bent

Subs:
    Jaaskelainen
    Clark
    Britton
    Pienaar

Not really sure about that team, what do people think of Lennon for 7million. A lot of people talking up Cleverly but not sure he'll play all that much especially with his injury record. I've gone with Bent ahead of Jelavic again this could be a mistake. Hazard, Carzola, Tevez, Bertrand, michu, Cisse are other marginal calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Opinions on my team please:

Szczesny
    A.Cole, A. Williams, Coloccini, Kaboul
    Yaya Toure, Santi Cazorla, Dembele
    Rooney, Tevez, Defoe

Subs: Joe Allen, S. Larsson, Cuellar, Ruddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

here is my effort - with 3.5m left in the bank for improvements.
    fant_foot_2011_1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

here is my effort - with 3.5m left in the bank for improvements.
    fant_foot_2011_1.png

If you've 3.5 million left, I'd personally take Walters out and stick somebody like Silva in. Home V Southampton. If Chelsea weren't playing twice in Gameweek 1, I'd have certainly made him captain for sure in my team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

That_Guy wrote: »
    If you've 3.5 million left, I'd personally take Walters out and stick somebody like Silva in. Home V Southampton. If Chelsea weren't playing twice in Gameweek 1, I'd have certainly made him captain for sure in my team.
    Silva a doubt to play first game of season. I'd say 2-3m of the left over is to get Roo/RVP week 2 at a guess. The only thing his team needs is Evra to Vidic IMHO. And McCartney to Demel on the bench

Kagawa , is he going to start the opening few games , will RvP get injured in the first game . who the hell do i pick as cpt ,just some of the questions i will be loosing sleep over during the next 10 months . bring it on can't wait .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Gameweek 1 captain poll has been up for a few days, for those of you wondering who the majority are going with: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056727772

It's a landslide, but I know plenty of people who like to go against the grain, so there are still plenty of options!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

After a complete overhaul of the team I threw together yesterday,

87b54.png

This is what I've got at the moment. (Only kept 3 of the players I had yesterday!)

Wasn't sure whether I'd go for Yaya Touré and 0.5 in the bank or Kagawa... City vs. Southampton is more promising than United vs. Everton for this week, but Kagawa's been looking sharp and he'll probably come out all guns blazing.. Lets hope! Also unsure about Nicky Shorey, but hopefully between his two games he'll score more points than Taylor and Simpson (subs).

Any suggestions?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

After a complete overhaul of the team I threw together yesterday,

87b54.png

This is what I've got at the moment. (Only kept 3 of the players I had yesterday!)

Wasn't sure whether I'd go for Yaya Touré and 0.5 in the bank or Kagawa... City vs. Southampton is more promising than United vs. Everton for this week, but Kagawa's been looking sharp and he'll probably come out all guns blazing.. Lets hope! Also unsure about Nicky Shorey, but hopefully between his two games he'll score more points than Taylor and Simpson (subs).

Any suggestions?!

Shorey is unlikely to start, Harte has been keeping him out in preseason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Shorey is unlikely to start, Harte has been keeping him out in preseason

Oh, thanks! Didn't realise that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Rezident

Does anyone know which strikers are most likely to start for Sunderland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

has Jaaskelainen or Henderson been playing preseason for WH?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

my team, de gea,jasskelainen , skertel, enrique, terry, coloccini
    bale , silva, toure, tevez ,torres, pogrebnyak,
    subs for week one allen,britton, mc cartney
    pretty happy with it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Rezident

Anyone know if Joe Cole will play for Liverpool? He could be a bargain for £6m if he starts scoring again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Rezident wrote: »
    Anyone know if Joe Cole will play for Liverpool? He could be a bargain for £6m if he starts scoring again.

Very unlikely to start, more likely for Europa and early rounds of cups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

my team, de gea,jasskelainen , skertel, enrique, terry, coloccini
    bale , silva, toure, tevez ,torres, pogrebnyak,
    subs for week one allen,britton, mc cartney
    pretty happy with it,

Swap Enrique to Zabaleta and Silva to Mata and you'd have a much better team IMO .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Trying to log in for the first time since last season and it ain't happening. Anyone else having difficulty?

I've requested a password reset now a couple of times and still haven't received an email...

edit/ got the email, better late than never!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Who won the boards league last season and can he post this seasons team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Is there a free iPhone app to check/manage ur team?

My team

Cech

Evra - Santos - Clichy

Hazard - Y.toure - Nani - Guthrie

D.Cisse - Torres - Long(reading)

Bench:
    Henderson gk
    Shorey
    Marveaux
    Shawcross

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Petric or D.Cisse???

i have Cech as GK , would love to hear opinions on what i think is my 1st gw team . still not sure about one or two aggghhhhhhh head melted :confused:

15fj1y1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

For me, you have too much invested in defence, your midfield is week, very if im honest. No experienced midfielder in there, although look what Silva done last year. Kag will unlikely play in the hole now with RVP having signed. Chelsea have about 8-10 midfielders, who knows what way they will line up.
    almanu wrote: »
    i have Cech as GK , would love to hear opinions on what i think is my 1st gw team . still not sure about one or two aggghhhhhhh head melted :confused:

15fj1y1.jpg

15fj1y1.jpg

Personally I think its a waste of time using reading players just cause they have a double game week. Cant see them getting anything from the 2 games and you will probbaly end up transfering them out anyway soon enough

• Advertisement

For me, you have too much invested in defence, your midfield is week, very if im honest. No experienced midfielder in there, although look what Silva done last year. Kag will unlikely play in the hole now with RVP having signed. Chelsea have about 8-10 midfielders, who knows what way they will line up.

this is what i don't miss about FF the night before the first Gw , i'm going to have to go back and tweak it, i will keep Pogrebnyak , i can see him knocking at least one in two games :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

@Sgt Pepper 64

Ivanovic likely to play both games in your book?

Also you will have 5 guys not playing GW3
    this is what i don't miss about FF the night before the first Gw , i'm going to have to go back and tweak it, i will keep Pogrebnyak , i can see him knocking at least one in two games :pac:

He could use luiz at RB and give Cahill a run at CB, highly unlikely though.

dahat wrote: »
    @Sgt Pepper 64

Ivanovic likely to play both games in your book?

Yep, we have no cover and if we do sign Cesar, I can only see him on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Would love an opinion on this team

----Szczesny
    Walker-Vidic-Coloccini
    Pienaar-Sigurdsson-Allen-Ireland-Kagawa
    Rooney-Torres

Subs:Given, Clark, J. O'Brien, C. Cole

Swap Enrique to Zabaleta and Silva to Mata and you'd have a much better team IMO .

Mata will be rested for a few games coming up - RDM (although he will start sunday)

Mata will be rested for a few games coming up - RDM (although he will start sunday)

I read that as meaning a few games over the course of the season. Or am I completely wrong? Don't really want him in there if he's only going to play one game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Here's what I've settled on for tomorrow!

217497.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

I did, still tweaking this year's team to be unveiled later:):) i.e 11.30am. Banking on Chelsea for the 1st gameweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ah those late night last minute fantasy football jitters. My dilemma: Podolski or Tevez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Did Mata and Cazorla play for Spain the other day? I don't want players that are going to be rested now.

Eathrin wrote: »
    Did Mata and Cazorla play for Spain the other day? I don't want players that are going to be rested now.

Mata didn't travel. Cazorla played and scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I decided to enter late. I'll make sure I do my team each gameweek :)

Any advice accepted. I think Petric could have a good day tomorrow against Norwich.

217499.png

Change Neville for Noble.

Drop one of Evra or Vidic. Get Zabaleta or Lescott in.

I wouldn't fancy Mertesacker in there. Coloccini or Hangeland would be better options for me.

I'd get rid of Friedel for another keeper.

Rest seems alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

nononononmuysrt nit chnage my team!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Any free iPhone app for managing ur team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

After switching Kagawa and Giroud for De Guzman/Dembele and Aguero, changing back again yesterday, I nearly switched to Yaya and Papa Cisse there. I need to stop :(

Eathrin wrote: »

Mata will start, but he will be rested in Sept, RDM has said

• Advertisement

My team. My main concern is Silva - will he play?
    my thinking is more long term than short term.
    City will strong, so Silva and Aquergo.
    I expect to have Torres for the DBL game week only

Krul

Evra - Simpson - Clichy

Allen - Ramires - Silva - Walters - Dyer

Aguero - Torres

Bench: Foster GK

Williams (swansea)
    Morison (Norwich)
    Shawcross

Advertisement