Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Premier League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Two goals and an assist for Michu, solid.

Lol at anyone who picked Liverpool defenders, enjoy your next month.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

All aboard the Michu bandwagon!!!!!!!!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I am contemplating using my wildcard. I have used it early in all the last 3 years so that doesnt bother me. I am just sick that 2 players I had in my team and took out scored very well today. petric and michu

In
    rafael
    gibbs
    michu
    petric

out
    johnson
    dawson
    nzogbia
    pogrebnyak

leaves me with 1.5 to upgrade noble to nolan if i want or yaya (depending on position) to anyone apart from silva

what you guys think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I am contemplating using my wildcard. I have used it early in all the last 3 years so that doesnt bother me. I am just sick that 2 players I had in my team and took out scored very well today. petric and michu

In
    rafael
    gibbs
    michu
    petric

out
    johnson
    dawson
    nzogbia
    pogrebnyak

leaves me with 1.5 to upgrade noble to nolan if i want or yaya (depending on position) to anyone apart from silva

what you guys think?

I think it's silly. If your current players were right a few hours ago how are they not now? What does one game really mean in the long run of things?

Patience man. You'll know a lot more after a few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It's only a matter of time before Petric gets injured, it happens every year. Don't go mad wasting wildcards getting him into your side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

will prices start to rise tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Thanks Michu. I invested heavily in Swansea, with Williams, Michu & Graham. Can't believe Graham scored 6 in pre-season, looked very sharp......... Swansea scored 5 and he didn't even get an assist :(

Jussi & Cuellar on the bench with cleansheets too, feck sake :(

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Every bloody season the players i took out yesterday all scored the ones i replaced them with did nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

After taking a gamble and putting Kolorov in my team I now hope he doesn't play so Michu can spring from the bench with his 19 points. Cue Kolorov coming on in the 93rd minute...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Remind me never to take a chance on QPR again!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,208 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Is there 2 wildcards in total for the whole season or 3 (with the January Wildcard included)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Had Michu and think I replaced him with Walters. :pac: Not going to bother checking my score as I know it's woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

9 points.
    You were all raving about Michu and I just didn't listen:(
    Was very impressed by Cazorla today, pity he didn't get me any points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Any chance Tevez, Toure , or Hazard wont play ? No? DAMN!!!!!!!

Michu as my first sub, sitting pretty with 19 points (soon to be 22) :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Michu AND Dyer. Dancing here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

Decent start to my FPL this year, mostly down to guess who, Michu! What a start he's having.

Here's a question... is there any way to check in the larger private leagues (with hundreds or thousands of teams) how many teams are in the league? I don't see it displayed anywhere on league pages? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I'm not doing too shabby with my leagues either 8 here, top in other leagues :)

Here's the team I had, wasn't too keen this morning don't think i'll make too many changes

1zf21pf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Just joined the Mich bandwagon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

as have I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Captain Torres does **** all and now Aguero off injured :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Captain Torres does **** all and now Aguero off injured :(

Torres is useless. no interest what so ever. im gettin rid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Can't believe Silva missed that penalty today.
    5 points gone, -2 points & tevez's assist gone for winning the penalty,
    10 point turnaround.

& then he hit the bar.

Very frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

How many wildcards do you get a season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Vicxas wrote: »
    How many wildcards do you get a season?

Not enough!

So not more than 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

So not more than 1?

2. One to be used at any time and another ti be used during January or so. If you don't use it you lose it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

So I want to use my wildcard already - hold me back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Nope.go ahead and use it..........:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

dahat wrote: »

Nope.go ahead and use it..........:D

I actually think using early is smart. Maybe 4/5 weeks in. Now that there's a January one too there's less need to keep it longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

FOr the first time ever, I've had a good start to my FPL season. I already know what's going to happen though. I'll spend the first month or 2 obsessing over my team (in fact even that's probably optimistic, give it 3-4 weeks) before I get bored and not bother making changes. Next thing you know I have a team of misfits, half of whom don't start a match and half who are injured or suspended. Happens every year. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

8-10 wrote: »
    I actually think using early is smart. Maybe 4/5 weeks in. Now that there's a January one too there's less need to keep it longer

Ive used it the last two seasons about the middle of September and have yet to regret the decision. Its better to make a move before you fall too far behind imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Thinking of capturing Tevez at 9m instead of Kun and letting some funds flow into the bank for the weeks ahead with a possible view to getting Cazorla or Fellaini in for Kagawa/Larsson.

Ah, the FPL deliberations are back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Thought having no United players yet would come back to haunt me :D

Torres really needs to get the finger out on Wednesday or he's being shipped out after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Thinking of capturing Tevez at 9m instead of Kun and letting some funds flow into the bank for the weeks ahead with a possible view to getting Cazorla or Fellaini in for Kagawa/Larsson.

Ah, the FPL deliberations are back...

Don't see why anyone would get rid of Kagawa after tonight, should have had 2 assists and had a great pass completion rate which is a bonus point magnet. United's best player outfield by some distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

get rid of Kagawa?
    i just bought him in because of his performance tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Liam O wrote: »
    Don't see why anyone would get rid of Kagawa after tonight, should have had 2 assists and had a great pass completion rate which is a bonus point magnet. United's best player outfield by some distance.
    Nasri looked better than him at the same price, Cazorla looked better than him but he is dearer, Hazard got the two assists in his game and looked great.

I think its very hard to justify keeping him in a team given the other options at the same price or a bit dearer and also the very real possibility that he will be subject to rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

That's why I said "for the weeks ahead". He was definitely United's best player today and looks like he will reap up assists.
    However, if it becomes clear that Cazorla (who isn't afraid to have a dig half the time) finds a touch for goal, then it'll be hard to predict who'll get more points in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thinking of getting rid of Mata (have 3 chelsea players, need to reduce that for GW3) for Kagawa and taking a 4 point hit to get in Michu for Joe Allen. Is there method to my madness or am I just mad? :D

• Advertisement

Bit of a snap decision last night, swapped out Sessegnon for Fellaini, and had some money left over to swap Holt for Demba Ba. Much happier with my team now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Dempsey wrote: »
    Thinking of getting rid of Mata (have 3 chelsea players, need to reduce that for GW3) for Kagawa and taking a 4 point hit to get in Michu for Joe Allen. Is thlere method to my madness or am I just mad? :D

I'm in the same boat 'but I think I'll get rid of Torres and get in rooney,United have 3 easy games coming up would michu for Allen be a straight swap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Bit of a snap decision last night, swapped out Sessegnon for Fellaini, and had some money left over to swap Holt for Demba Ba. Much happier with my team now :)

Taking a 4 point hit so early in the season? :D

Played my wildcard. Dont think ill need to use it till January :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Depends if theres any double gameweeks coming up before January!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm in the same boat 'but I think I'll get rid of Torres and get in rooney,United have 3 easy games coming up would michu for Allen be a straight swap?

Not a straight swap, i had £2.0m in the bank from GW1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭patmac

Newbie to this Fantasy football lark, had a cracking start when I decided on 2 QPR defenders and Green, was placed around 1,800,000th on Saturday but had climbed 900,000 places by Monday, if i can repeat that this week i will be top of the league.
    Can someone explain how the wildcard works?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

patmac wrote: »
    Newbie to this Fantasy football lark, had a cracking start when I decided on 2 QPR defenders and Green, was placed around 1,800,000th on Saturday but had climbed 900,000 places by Monday, if i can repeat that this week i will be top of the league.
    Can someone explain how the wildcard works?
    What is a wildcard?
    A wildcard allows you to make unlimited free transfers throughout a Gameweek. Playing a wildcard will remove any points deductions from transfers already made in the same Gameweek.

You play a wildcard when you want to make multiple changes to your team, for example Gameweeks when teams are playing more than once, or when your team is underperforming or has a lot of injuries.

When using a wildcard, you must remain within your current budget. There is no unlimited budget when using a wildcard.

Taken from: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

You can also find out more info about it above. Bottom left of the page.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

And the 1 match snap judgements fly in already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Will Rameries play for Chelsea tonight ?? Hopefully not, have a sub with 6 juicy points to add to my horrible total from week 1 .

Im hoping Hazard has a cracker tonight :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement