Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fantasy Premier League

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Will Rameries play for Chelsea tonight ?? Hopefully not, have a sub with 6 juicy points to add to my horrible total from week 1 .

Says here he has recovered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭patmac

Some other newbie questions, can I change captain,vice captain at any time, can I bring on subs at any time or do they count as transfers, sorry can't find this anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Will Rameries play for Chelsea tonight ?? Hopefully not, have a sub with 6 juicy points to add to my horrible total from week 1 .

Hes in line to start alright and RDM will probably throw back in to the squad, Bertrand was ok against Wigan but should be dropped.
    Vicxas wrote: »
    Im hoping Hazard has a cracker tonight :)

I've Mata Hazard and Torres and I've only 37 points so far so hoping to pick up another 15 + points tonight from those 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Hopefully Rameries comes in tonight, my sub didn't cover themselves in glory and hoping for assist and clean sheet from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

patmac wrote: »
    Some other newbie questions, can I change captain,vice captain at any time, can I bring on subs at any time or do they count as transfers, sorry can't find this anywhere.

You can change the captain and vice captain at any time but it has to be before the match starts or you wont get the bonus.

I'm not 100% about subs, but i assume they follow the same procedure and if someone is injured mid game a replacement is automatically put on in the order you have them as subs.

And no they dont count as transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Subs only come in if there is an injury in your team before the game week starts or a player doesnt play that game week. So say you had Aguero in your team and he doesn't play, the first sub on your bench will automatically take his place that game week.

You can select who is on your sub bench from the 15 players you have each game week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Michu has gone from 1.8% ownership a few days before the league started, to 9.4% now. I was hoping for more slow and steady returns so he'd go under the radar a bit, but now quite a few of my main rivals in all of my mini-leagues have him transferred in.

One of, if not thee top goal scoring midfielder in La Liga last season, playing just off the front, for 6.5. Surprised he had so few investors.

Compare that to Joe Allen, 5.5, nearly 25% picked him, and he has United, Arsenal & City in 3 of the next 4 games.

Seems a bit mad. Guess the logic is that he is a 5.5 midfielder that gives coverage for a big club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Michu has gone from 1.8% ownership a few days before the league started, to 9.4% now. I was hoping for more slow and steady returns so he'd go under the radar a bit, but now quite a few of my main rivals in all of my mini-leagues have him transferred in.

One of, if not thee top goal scoring midfielder in La Liga last season, playing just off the front, for 6.5. Surprised he had so few investors.

Compare that to Joe Allen, 5.5, nearly 25% picked him, and he has United, Arsenal & City in 3 of the next 4 games.

Seems a bit mad. Guess the logic is that he is a 5.5 midfielder that gives coverage for a big club.
    If Hazard has a good game tonight, expect the same!
    (Plus I expect Torres to be transferred out by quite a few!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Yup! And unfortunately, my transfers will be dictated by players prices dropping, rather than points.
    Such is the early weeks of FF!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Torres....SCORE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I have Torres but also have 3m in the bank to upgrade him in the next few weeks if needs be. Fairly happy with my team, apart from goalkeepers, so we'll see how things go.

3 Chelsea lads in team for tonight, so should add a bit to the 49 points I'm on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Torres....SCORE!

Dont say that, you'll only confuse him! :pac:

Maybe if Reading use Ireland jerseys he might perk up abit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Dear Fernando,

Around this time last season, you had favourable home games against Swansea & Norwich. I had you in my fantasy football team for these fixtures. As Captain.

I swapped Wayne Rooney out for you. While you were getting 1 point in both games, United were scoring 8 against Arsenal, and City were scoring 5 at Tottenham, leaving me about 5 billion points behind in every mini league.

At this start of this season, I selected you (again) as Captain (again), on the basis you had favourable fixtures (again), but this time with the added bonus of a double GW.

On Sunday against Wigan, you scored 2 points, Fernando.

Please don't f*ck me over tonight Fernando, or I will find you and you will be eliminated.

Regards,
    Rooney10.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Dont say that, you'll only confuse him! :pac:

Maybe if Reading use Ireland jerseys he might perk up abit!

OK maybe reverse psychology...

Torres will never score, he sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I feel stupid enough having paid out 10m fantasy dollars on Torres, I can only imagine how the mad Russian feels right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

smokedeels wrote: »
    I feel stupid enough having paid out 10m fantasy dollars on Torres, I can only imagine how the mad Russian feels right now.
    I'm the same & I captained him FFS!

I do have Hazard as VC for all the good that'll do me.

Also have Guthrie & Prog.

If Torres could just do SOMETHING....

Once again, my poor captain choice screws up an ok game week.
    On 62 at the moment, if Hazard was Captain, that'd be 76...,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Fernando... I take it all back (even if you were offside)

I got Cole and Torres :)

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I got Cole and Torres :)

Me too, & Hazard, Guthrie & Prog.
    On 36 points from tonight's game alone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Cech, guthrie, hazard and captain torres here, with cech already transfered out yesterdayfor gw2, need to make sure ive 11 players on the park for Gw3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Looks like Hazard is going to have a very productive season. 4 assists already, incredible.

Took the captaincy off him Friday night and gave it to Torres! :mad: (at least he got a goal in the end)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

why didnt Hazard score himself ugh

Hazard assists Ivanovic.

Hazard to get 3 BPs for 24 points this GW.

Sick I captained Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hazard assists Ivanovic.

Sick I captained Torres.
    You'd think Hazard would get the 3 bps alright but it doesn't always work that way.
    Anyways I think I have 100 points before the bonuses and thats without any Swansea players in my lineup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

eagle eye wrote: »
    Hazard assists Ivanovic.

Sick I captained Torres.
    You'd think Hazard would get the 3 bps alright but it doesn't always work that way.
    Anyways I think I have 100 points before the bonuses and thats without any Swansea players in my lineup.

How? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

eagle eye wrote: »

Nice. I'm on 76 I think before bonuses. Thought I had Hazard as captain until I checked the other day, turned out to be Torres :(

Happy with the start though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Demba Ba and Hazard removed from my team in my final draft of it.

I. Hate. This. ****ing. Game.

dammit, i knew Hazard was going to be good, just didnt think he would be straight away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

dammit, i knew Hazard was going to be good, just didnt think he would be straight away!

Imagine what he'll be like when he adapts to demands of the EPL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looks impressive by all means...well worth the agent fees!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Fuuucccccccccckkkkk anyway, I know well Hazard is going to go up in price in the next week or 2 but I can't bring him in because I started with 3 Chelsea players and them not having a GW3 really fcuks **** up.. Have to get rid of Torres this week and will get rid of Cech next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Is Hazard the first must have of the season?

JPA wrote: »
    Is Hazard the first must have of the season?

I'd say so, but if you don't have him now you might as well worth till after gw3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

No bonus for Hazard for this game, is this a joke?!

greendom wrote: »
    I'd say so, but if you don't have him now you might as well worth till after gw3

to late, just got him in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Does anyone know if Warnock will be playing at all for Villa? Didn't play the last day and no sign of him injured? Likewise for Anton Ferdinand?

Are both of them out of favour?

Bit of a defensive dilemma as Rio got injured for me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,581 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Finical wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Warnock will be playing at all for Villa? Didn't play the last day and no sign of him injured? Likewise for Anton Ferdinand?

Are both of them out of favour?

Bit of a defensive dilemma as Rio got injured for me too.
    QPR signing centre backs and Warnock not favoured and on the way out. Better get transferring.

No Bonus points for Hazard - how did that happen ? Slightly compensated by Cahill getting 3 - how did that happen ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A solid 86 and just swapped Hazard for Mata before any price changes as they're the same value now.

It's outrageous that Hazard didn't get at least one bonus point.

Finished on 78, got 41 from the game this evening & shot up over 300 places in Boards league.

Still rueing what might have been.
    Should have been a 105+ point GW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's outrageous that Hazard didn't get all three bonus points
    FYP and this is what you get in FPL for some insane reason. He was clearly MoM just like Cazorla the other day but no bonus points and there were other examples as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ended up with 78 points. Happy with that. Ivanovic has been great for me.

Made my transfer already by bringing in Michu but probably should have went for Hazard. Anyone using their wildcard this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I really want Hazard now but I've already made 2 transfers and don't want to bring in a Chelsea player now.
    I'll wait a few weeks but I hope his price doesn't rise too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Anyone using their wildcard this week?

Terrible decision if they are. Michu could be a one hit wonder and not score again for months yet already 10.4% of people have him in their team as opposed to 2.5% on Saturday morning.

Making snap decisions like that is ok for your one transfer and *maybe* a four point hit but to change a whole team based on who did well in just the first week? Silly imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭patmac

One more newbie question if I make Rooney captain for the 3pm game and then change it to Hazard for the 5:15 game will I get all the bonus points on offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

One more newbie question if I make Rooney captain for the 3pm game and then change it to Hazard for the 5:15 game will I get all the bonus points on offer?

You deicde on your captain before the gameweek starts....any changes after that will only be applied for the next gameweek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Any changes you make after 11.30 deadline on Saturday morning won't come into effect till the next gameweek .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Got an extra 11 points off Hazard last night, hoping City get thrashed and Everton win on saturday and ill be dancing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I said it on the Chelsea thread I was putting him in, delighted I did now.

Himself and Torres have bagged me decent points although Mata has done very little, he could be axed very soon from my midfield not sure who to bring in for him though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Terrible decision if they are. Michu could be a one hit wonder and not score again for months yet already 10.4% of people have him in their team as opposed to 2.5% on Saturday morning.

Making snap decisions like that is ok for your one transfer and *maybe* a four point hit but to change a whole team based on who did well in just the first week? Silly imo.

Depends on a few more factors, if you didn't do your homework and now have 5 or so Reading/Chelsea players along with a few cheap players that didn't get gametime in week1 it's well worth playing.

Advertisement