Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ramadan Mubarak

• 19-07-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Al Salam Alaykom

The first day of Ramadan will be tomorrow Friday 20th of July, 2012.

Ramadan Mubarak

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Ramadan Mubarak :) (Hope thats the correct response :o)

Peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Ramadan Kareem :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

Well I was always posting that my husband was non practising etc., but he's been going to Jumu'ah Friday for the last few weeks and has started Ramadan! He had me get the time tables for it-19hrs here vs 12 hrs in ME or Asia! Good luck with it all who are following! Early ones a tough one with hours and his blood sugar's a nightmare, got married during ramadan sept 2008,was a some job trying to entertain people for a whole day without food til after dark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Its early this year. Does Ramadan get its dates from the Lunar cycle ?

Pity my neighbour moved, He would always cook nice spicy food at night during Ramadan and invite me over.

Same guy would use his fire alarm as a cooking timer !!

Salam..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

Yeah, I think that's how it runs-himself earlier was laughing about how you always made a few good mates from the smell of evening food and when anyone asked, oh yeah come on in :D when it comes to big dinners,that's how they roll-always told me sad stories about refusing food from home , not in their nature :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Is it acceptable/normal for non muslims (men and women) to eat with muslims during Ramadan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

nudger wrote: »
    Is it acceptable/normal for non muslims (men and women) to eat with muslims during Ramadan?

Well depends on the family I'd imagine, but there's certainly no rule against it if thats what you mean.

Thank's

We have a young muslim staying with us and he did not seem happy for all of us to eat together, might be to do with the 10 minutes rule before 4th prayer not wanting to disturb our meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

Ramadan Mubarak. Stay strong - it gets easier.

Made a nice dessert, showed it to him before his main meal, explained that we would all be siting down together to have it and he was very happy to do so after the prayer.

He took pictures and was delighted.

I think it all get's lost in the tradition and custom as we tip toe around each other, lovely lad, proud if he was one of mine, felt he was for the month or so he stayed with us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement