Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dalkey Island Ferry

Options
  • 19-07-2012 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I believe the man who ran the (unofficial) ferry service from Coliemore harbour to Dalkey Island sadly passed away a couple of years ago.
    We were hoping to make a trip out there tomorrow afternoon.

Does anyone know if the service still exists?
    And if so does anyone have a number for whoever is now running it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

magbf wrote: »
    I believe the man who ran the (unofficial) ferry service from Coliemore harbour to Dalkey Island sadly passed away a couple of years ago.
    We were hoping to make a trip out there tomorrow afternoon.

Does anyone know if the service still exists?
    And if so does anyone have a number for whoever is now running it?
    The man who ran the ferry was my friends dad.
    My friend runs it now. but he might be working in a full time job now so not sure how often he's down the harbour.
    if you want to send me your number in a PM i'll pass it on for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 theirishlurch

mackeire wrote: »
    The man who ran the ferry was my friends dad.
    My friend runs it now. but he might be working in a full time job now so not sure how often he's down the harbour.
    if you want to send me your number in a PM i'll pass it on for you.

Sorry to hear about your friends dad. It is my girlfriend's birthday saturday 25th of august and I was hoping to bring her to dalkey island for a pinic as she lives near the area but has never been to the island. would it be possible to get the number of your friend who is still operating the ferry service?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,477 ✭✭✭✭ted1

you can rent boats in Bullock for 20euro an hour. Maybe they might also do a drop to the island.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 csimms

Hi,
    I would like to speak to the Dalkey Island Ferry man with a view to organising a group of children over. My number is xxxxxxxxx.

Thanks,
    Ciaran Simms

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I wouldn't leave your number on an open forum if I was you csimms, open to all sorts of abuse

21/25

• Advertisement
Advertisement