Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football PAID League

• 19-07-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭

Lads,

As per last season, and with requests to re run it again this year, please pm me if you would like to join the FF on Boards that pays winnings !!

Separate to the overall league, the entry fee is 20pp and depending on entrants we will again go for a monthly winner, highest weekly score and top 3 overall.

Please PM me if interested, I can send on payment details and league code. There was over 60 last year so feel free to invite your friends.

Rgds

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lads,

As per last season, and with requests to re run it again this year, please pm me if you would like to join the FF on Boards that pays winnings !!

Separate to the overall league, the entry fee is 20pp and depending on entrants we will again go for a monthly winner, highest weekly score and top 3 overall.

Please PM me if interested, I can send on payment details and league code. There was over 60 last year so feel free to invite your friends.

Rgds

Paul

In for this. Screw the monthly prize and any other novelty prizes, just reduces the overall money in the prizepool.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

KevIRL wrote: »
    In for this. Screw the monthly prize and any other novelty prizes, just reduces the overall money in the prizepool.

I won this last season and while you are right that monthly prizes reduce the overall money in the prizepool, i think that it adds a lot to the game and people that are well behind in the league come christmas still have something to play for.

I'm sure we could do a poll or mrwillbeback can make the rules.

By the way, great job on last seasons league mrwillbeback. Hopefully this season will be less painful for you and cheers for setting this up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'd be up for this, will have to get money on my O2 card so, presumably I'll be able to use that on paypal. BOI are taking ages with the (well probably just mine as I only got a new laser :D) VISA debits...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Will sign up pending where the money is being divided.

Didn't enter last year, but wouldn't mind a monthly prize.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Im in again , monthly prize is the way forward , keeps a keen interest even if you have no chance of wining overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I'm up for this again this year. Thanks for making the effort man.

Im in again , monthly prize is the way forward , keeps a keen interest even if you have no chance of wining overall.

How much is the prize for monthly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I'll be up for this again. Got one of the monthly prize last year as well as the highest scoring GW with 139! :D

/show off

Side note: If you are sending money via Paypal, select "Personal" payment and the money is being sent as "Others". This way, both parties avoid transaction fees. You can't use the Paypal dispute feature if you select these options so be wary if you are buying from Ebay or some other site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I'd be up for it, monthly prizes the way to go for me also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I'll be on for joining this again...

Keep the manager of the month prize (I won it twice last season ;) )
    Its keeps people interested.

Could do with more regular updates and banter in the paid league thread though. Was very quiet at times last year...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

thewools wrote: »
    I'll be on for joining this again...

Keep the manager of the month prize (I won it twice last season ;) )
    Its keeps people interested.

Could do with more regular updates and banter in the paid league thread though. Was very quiet at times last year...

I'll play regardless but am against the monthly prize. I find when people feel they are out of the running for the main annual prize, they simply start making a raft of transfers at the before the start of the month to win the following monthly prize.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Am defo in for this

watch as I turn 25th in the world last season into a **** show of a performance this year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I'm up for this but what does 20pp mean? :o

€20 per person?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'll play regardless but am against the monthly prize. I find when people feel they are out of the running for the main annual prize, they simply start making a raft of transfers at the before the start of the month to win the following monthly prize.

Maybe there should be restrictions placed on this actually, maybe something like a max of 2 or 3 depending on free transfers a week or something?

or make it a bi-monthly prize?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I have never played before but would love to give it a go. Is it over complicated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Pm'd OP for the details. Fair play for organising it. 6th year playing this craic so might as well try and win some money out of it:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

I sent a mail with regards to joining :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Would like to join this but would prefer to know the prize structure before commiting. Any chance it could be clarified or do you do want to wait until you see how many people are interested before deciding on it??

Anyone know what position in the world last years winner of this finished in? Checking out the competition :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

would def be interested in this, last year was the first year in about 7 seasons i wasn't in a paid league and i really didn't have as much interest. (used to do it in work but moved jobs)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

joined & paid....happy to go with monthly prizes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

stdidit wrote: »
    Would like to join this but would prefer to know the prize structure before commiting. Any chance it could be clarified or do you do want to wait until you see how many people are interested before deciding on it??

Anyone know what position in the world last years winner of this finished in? Checking out the competition :)

Cant say for the winner but I finished 2nd on 2262 points and 910th in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

21 in already with almost 3 weeks to start date.

This looks like it could be a great comp with some decent prizemoney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Fair play for organising this again, I'll play, so if you could PM me with details.. I reckon keep the monthly prizes so that all players keep an interest, but it might be worth reducing them to €40 a month and give more towards 1st, 2nd, 3rd and maybe do a 4th prize depending on how many people enter.. I can see us getting 100+ this year. We should probably agree a closing date as well after which no new entrants are allowed.. Then you could do a vote on 3 or 4 different prize structures, and let people have their say.. Thanks again Mirwillbeback

stdidit wrote: »

I won this last year with 2278 points and 535th overall. Didn't have a great end to the season and gutted not to get top 500:( although destroyed my previous best of 6453 and won my 3 money leagues so can't be too unhappy:).

I think we should easily get over 100 in this and maybe putting up a thread in the fantasy sports arena might help to get even more interest.

A friend of mine is interested in joining this but isn't a boardie. Is this open for boardsies only(as maybe it should) or are outsiders welcome?

100+ players? that's hefty amount of money....nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Paid up just now (for the record)

Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

21 in already with almost 3 weeks to start date.

This looks like it could be a great comp with some decent prizemoney.

Is there a deadline for when the money needs to be in the pot?

• Advertisement

I won this last year with 2278 points and 535th overall. Didn't have a great end to the season and gutted not to get top 500:( although destroyed my previous best of 6453 and won my 3 money leagues so can't be too unhappy:).

I think we should easily get over 100 in this and maybe putting up a thread in the fantasy sports arena might help to get even more interest.

A friend of mine is interested in joining this but isn't a boardie. Is this open for boardsies only(as maybe it should) or are outsiders welcome?

I think we should open up to as many as we can. A few guys in my job have entered without being on boards so feel free to extend the invite. The more in the more money for an impromptu holiday prize money. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

PM sent.

just paid up. Looking forward to this.

I'm paid-up, keep an eye out for Deft Ones (Part II) when glancing through mid-table obscurity :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

hi, id be interested in joining the league if there's a big amount of people in it.. if theres 100 + mentioned earlier or near it that would be great. i usually do small money leagus but theyve gotten a bit boring as its the same heads who challange at the top.. id my worst year ever last yeat.. a crappy 150k + ;( be good if there was a big payouts for the top 3 or whatever it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Just joined, looks like 33 are in so far with still 2 weeks to go until kick-off. Serious cockfest!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Just joined in the fun. Had a bad time last season so looking for a big improvement.

Best of luck to all ;);););)

Lads,

Nearly 50 in already - looks like a good competition in prospect.

Looking for opinions on the best way to structure prize money. I'm keen to keep an interest for everyone through the season, so definitely will have an overall top 3, highest weekly score.

Do you think monthly prizes are a good idea? Ran with them last year and I think they worked well. And how about a prize for some random position like 35th or something so that those at the bottom in November still have something to aim for ? Or a second half of season prize?

Nothing decided, happy to go with the consensus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Lads,

Nearly 50 in already - looks like a good competition in prospect.

Looking for opinions on the best way to structure prize money. I'm keen to keep an interest for everyone through the season, so definitely will have an overall top 3, highest weekly score.

Do you think monthly prizes are a good idea? Ran with them last year and I think they worked well. And how about a prize for some random position like 35th or something so that those at the bottom in November still have something to aim for ? Or a second half of season prize?

Nothing decided, happy to go with the consensus.

Sounds interesting.

Weekly would be decent.

As long as we can decide on something that gives everyone a chance to win something till the end of the season then I'm happy.

Half the prize pool and split it for the Top 3. Ie. 60,30,10.

The the other half goes on monthly?

I just can't see myself being very near the summit :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

They're splitting the league into Quarters this year maybe pay people who are leading at the end of each quarter ?

i think the more paying positions the more we will get people to join in. Monthly / Quarterly prizes would be acceptable in my mind. Maybe a couple of options can be put to a poll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Instead of the highest weekly score maybe the highest weekly score of that month of gameweeks would be better along with the prize for best player each month. Too many prizes will take away from the final payout imho. However I like the idea of a prize for 25th or whatever position to give others out of the reckoning something to still aim for.

I think there's no need to over-complicate things. Something like manager of the month prize, overall best Gameweek plus 1st, 2nd, 3rd (maybe 4th)

Having the monthly and best Gameweek prize will be good to keep the people who drop down in the standings interested with something to play for (I'll need something to play for!!).

I do like the idea for best manager for every quater as well.

Another idea could be the 'Arry Redknapp Whealer Dealer' prize, for the manager who's team increases in value the most by seasons end!

^^Yeah I'd agree with that, sounds good.

I'm gonna be trying for my highest score possible right till the end of the season anyway, no matter where I am in the standings, but it would be nice to have a monthly and possibly quarterly prize available if it doesn't deduct too much from the overall winners' cash money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

I think the majority should go to the end of year prizes for 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th - Say 70% - 80% of total pot. Then the remainder for highest score of the year (as per last year) and a smallish monthly prize for monthly winners.. And a prize for a random finisher as well as someone suggested..

I like the idea of monthly prizes to keep everyone interested. as someone else just said. the majority going to the overall prizes though.

How would the prize for a random place work though? would people know beforehand what position it is? if so, just say it's 25th, would people coming 23rd, 24th not just start picking rubbish players to try fall back to 25th?

Shameless bump to notify you all that the champ is back in :)

Still just short of 50 in at the moment. Spread the word to friends,family,pets etc...

We had over 70 in last season and i'm sure we'll get more in this season. if for whatever reason we don't i'd advise keeping the exact same prize format as last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Hi Guys,

thinking of entering this one, I am you'll be glad to hear totally useless:(

do you really think i should join up?:)

who_ru wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

thinking of entering this one, I am you'll be glad to hear totally useless:(

do you really think i should join up?:)

Everyones money is good here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

how do i enter this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

how do i enter this?

PM mrwillbeback and he'll send you the details.

• Advertisement
Advertisement