Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football PAID League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

PM mrwillbeback and he'll send you the details.
    Thanks, I'm in. what will be the breakdown with prizes? Has it been set yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Not set yet, afaik, but the previous pages will give you an idea of people's thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

hey, ill join this week, is there a deadline date or is it just before kick-off time?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭irishmanmick

I'm in again for this even though I think I may have finished bottom of the table last year! Between a new baby and a pregnant wife I just didn't get a chance to invest time at all. Will make more of a go of it this year!

Defo monthly prizes work best, keeps it interesting for everyone not just top 5!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Definitly want in to this. Always get bored by October so maybe if I put money into it and see there's a prize at the end, I'll stay interested :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Looking like nearly 60 in already, and considering I had a huge rush late on before last season's kick off, it's looking good.

Prizes are as follows -

Monthly prize of 50 euro to highest scorer - *NOTE * - prizes are only eligible for full month's play, so it will be for September, October, November, December, Jan, Feb, March, and April.

Highest weekly score of season - 100 euro

Overall 1st - 60% of remaining prize pool

Overall 2nd - 25% of remaining prize pool

Overall 3rd - 15% of remaining prize pool

If anyone has issues with that please let me know, but it worked last season and it's a good way to keep all involved.

Good luck all.

PS - entries close at 11am on Saturday, and if anyone hasn't paid I will put a post on the league forum naming those I cannot see having sent me money - you will have the chance to show that you did, but after the first week, if I can't see your cash, you're gone - having said that, this year seems far easier than last season, everyone is paying and entering at same time so it's easy to reconcile.

Thanks to all who have joined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Over €1200 sent for a fantasy game, ya can't beat the football :pac:
    Saturday's & Sundays will make for interesting viewing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

nice bit a cash in the bank, don't spend it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Any chance of changing the league name from "Fergal's Trousers" to "20€ League" or something.. ???? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

thewools wrote: »
    Any chance of changing the league name from "Fergal's Trousers" to "20€ League" or something.. ???? :rolleyes:
    Or Boards paid league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Who gives a crap about the league name tbf, one of you ,should have organised a league and you could have called it what you wanted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Re the monthly prize: when a week's games straddle two months (eg. A month starts on a Sunday), does that gameweek count for the first or second month?

hopefully a flood of people will join before deadline

i'll join this week.. hopefully it get to 100 or near enough.. the more the merrier!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Re the monthly prize: when a week's games straddle two months (eg. A month starts on a Sunday), does that gameweek count for the first or second month?

From what I remember there is monthly leader boards built in to the leagues so you can select a month and see who was top for that period

For the monthly prizes can there be a ban on people taking 20+ point hits the week before a new month is due to start if they are out of the reckoning for the main prize?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Liam O wrote: »
    For the monthly prizes can there be a ban on people taking 20+ point hits the week before a new month is due to start if they are out of the reckoning for the main prize?
    They still have a 20 point disadvantage behind the rest though..

As long as top 3 have the bulk of the funds at the end and minor prizes for the others I'll be happy

i second that.. didnt even think of that but yeah that would ruin it..

well actually theres pros and cons of that.. they'd have to make up the points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Lads haven't done this before..what do I do with the code i got??

Go into leagues, go into private league and enter in the code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Go into leagues, go into private league and enter in the code

Thanks mate got it sorted!!!
    Lads keep ur eye out for "Knock it Long Fc"
    I'm used to a relegation battle :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Looks like there is 58 onboard already ,

Whats with the Name of the League ???

I had a league with 38 players last year and am going to put it into this one this time around ,

madma wrote: »
    i second that.. didnt even think of that but yeah that would ruin it..

well actually theres pros and cons of that.. they'd have to make up the points

no, theoretically someone could take a 20 point hit the gameweek before the month starts let's say it's in March or April and they are 300 points behind the leaders and the next gameweek is on the 28th-29th of March. They then make 5 or 6 transfers and try to get the best team for the next month. The people in the upper echelon can't compete with this as they could still be in the reckoning for the top prizes. It's a very unfair tactic that I've seen people use before.

no, theoretically someone could take a 20 point hit the gameweek before the month starts let's say it's in March or April and they are 300 points behind the leaders and the next gameweek is on the 28th-29th of March. They then make 5 or 6 transfers and try to get the best team for the next month. The people in the upper echelon can't compete with this as they could still be in the reckoning for the top prizes. It's a very unfair tactic that I've seen people use before.

ah right i see.. yeah so it is an unfair thing to and there defo should be a rule against it.. that will be defo have to be looked at

If ppl are out of the equation for top 3; I see nothing wrong with trying to win manager of the month.

I won it twice last season with out taking additional transfers.

There is a prize to be won at the end of the day. And if someone focuses on the next month then so be it... Chances are if they are so far behind their team selections for the following month will still make no difference :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Sent a pm there re joining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Is paypal a payment option ?

NeVeR wrote: »

Yip... PM mirwillbeback for details on how to join / pay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

If you win the monthly prize do you have to wait till the end of the season to get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

61 and rising in the league :eek:

NeVeR wrote: »

wondering this myself, ive a paypal account.. but its ask for an email if sending money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

61 already, so if we get 100 entrants, the prizes will be:

1st €900
    2nd €375
    3rd €300

Sweet!!

Well I'm in! Just counted there and it looks like there's 80.. If so that's great, getting close to the 100 be savage to get to that..

Hi,

Re the monthly prize and people transferring out to win it - not much I can do - how can I penalise someone for transferring 6 people at the end of the month and prove they did for a monthly prize - at some stage people will play a wildcard and it would be hard to prove and just messy.

As for the league name - does it really bother people that much ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Fully agree regarding the monthly transfer thing, too hard to monitor, if anything whoever mentioned it, has just given people the idea.. It wont be an issue for me near the top though :D And Mirwillbeback, call the league whatever you want, you made the feckin thing!! Maybe change it to Van Persie's made of Glass after he gets injured after less than a month..

the thing about that monthly thing is that if people do it there gonna mess up there overall ranking and potentially mess up there other league positions. they'll be starting the week on minus points and have to make them up so theres too many cons to be doing something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

How much is the monthly prize?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

EDIT - Picture is way too big.

looks like 88 in so far unless im counting wrong?

so close to the 100 mark..cmon folks keep joining!!

Paid Up.... :)

Cant decide on my team at all.... decisions, decisions....decisions!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

We're up to 95 atm...

xerces wrote: »
    We're up to 95 atm...

But has everyone paid is the question??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

anyone who hasn't paid by the deadline tomorrow should probably be kicked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

This has been addressed already.
    PS - entries close at 11am on Saturday, and if anyone hasn't paid I will put a post on the league forum naming those I cannot see having sent me money - you will have the chance to show that you did, but after the first week, if I can't see your cash, you're gone - having said that, this year seems far easier than last season, everyone is paying and entering at same time so it's easy to reconcile.

Thanks to all who have joined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

101 now by the looks of it, over €2k in the prizepool.

Good work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I'd like to join up, PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

107 in now lads , looking very good , when the close off for this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

If you're not in you can't win... PM sent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

am i too late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

107 in now lads , looking very good , when the close off for this ?

11.30AM 2moro

Lads,

Thanks to all who joined, been a pleasure to set up and no bullsh!t with getting the entry money.

Specific thanks to Irishmanmick and Pistolpete for bumping up the numbers.

Best of luck to all, let's keep this thread going with slagging / gloating / moaning.

Let the games begin....

• Advertisement
Advertisement