Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football PAID League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

118 in if I counted correctly.?

Hon 'My Team Name' :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

lads entered and team picked,cant get to bank till monday tho,that gonna be ok,got a pm saying friday week,now not sure??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I'm in - payment sent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Pm'ed op last night but no reply, could someone send me on the code and payment info so I can be in before the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭irishmanmick

Can't wait for the season to kick off now! Already made bout 10 changes this morning and ended up with same side I had last nite!

Great turnout for the league ... Fair play to Mrwillbeback for setting up and administrating it! Appreciate the efforts!

Best of luck everyone for the season! Looking forward to seeing my side the usual suspects top from week 1! Yeah right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Yes, thanks to mirwillbeback and good luck everyone :cool:.

I hope I get off to a decent start.

• Michu :mad: - Went for Walters instead.
    • Nolan, Jaaskelainen, Williams - Happy enough
    • Torres (c) - Better do the business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

only got 7 from 5 players. 18 on the bench, FF is back :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Liam O wrote: »
    only got 7 from 5 players. 18 on the bench, FF is back :mad:

I'm in 44th place, my highest standing in 2 seasons : )

Gonna run something by all of you, opinions welcome.....

Choices are - do we pay prizes to top 5 at end of season?

Should I up the monthly prizes to 70 per month, or will i leave at 50 - will mean more to overall winners if I keep it at 50....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

70% of the funds should go to the over all winners (1st, 2nd & 3rd)
    30% should be split out between manager of month..
    Something like this?

• Advertisement

A top 5 payout would make more sense with the amount of participants imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I would be in favour of a top 5 payout also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Is there anything for coming last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

too late to join this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

too late to join this??

im in but want to know can i pay into that bank account 2morrow? r am i to late now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

It's not paddy power so i would vote no to a top 5 pay out,i would say prize money for the top 3 and maybe as a suggestion 4th and 5th get free entry to next seasons league,but in reality you don't deserve anything for coming 4th or 5th :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Luap wrote: »

No why should there be ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

now its kicked off should the prize breakdowns be confirmed now? like the percentage etc

maybe were waiting until next week until everyone has paid up and it can be worked out then

Hi all,

Prize pool is about 2,500, a few guys in who haven't paid yet, will find out who and then boot them if they haven't.

I am going to go with

50 euro for monthly prize winner being the person with the highest score from first to last day in the calendar months of Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March, April.

100 euro for the highest weekly score of the season.......

Winner - 50 % of remaining funds

Second - 20 % of remaining funds

Third - 15 % of remaining funds

Fourth - 10 % of remaining funds

Fifth - 5 % of remaining funds

I hope this is ok with everyone, all have different ( and very valid ) suggestions but the consensus is to go with what we did last year, with 4th and 5th added as there is almost double the participants.

I really hope you guys are ok with this arrangement.

Best of luck to all, I hope you keep interested throughout the season.

And thanks to all who have joined, paid promptly and in some cases gotten numbers up through friends and families. Appreciate all the help from you guys in making my job easier.

• Advertisement

too late to join this??

no one going to answer??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Hi all,

Prize pool is about 2,500, a few guys in who haven't paid yet, will find out who and then boot them if they haven't.

I am going to go with

50 euro for monthly prize winner being the person with the highest score from first to last day in the calendar months of Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March, April.

I hope this is ok with everyone, all have different ( and very valid ) suggestions but the consensus is to go with what we did last year, with 4th and 5th added as there is almost double the participants.

And thanks to all who have joined, paid promptly and in some cases gotten numbers up through friends and families. Appreciate all the help from you guys in making my job easier.

Sounds great....

Hi Coillte,
    Closing date was Sat I'm afraid.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Luap wrote: »

Abuse :D

tossy wrote: »
    in reality you don't deserve anything for coming 4th or 5th :D

Hmm, I would have thought 4th or 5th out of over a hundred people is well deserving.

I'm not sure how big leagues like this pan out, but it could also be a case where the top two or three accumulate an early lead and become uncatchable due to everyone adopting so many of the same in form players. It can certainly happen in smaller leagues, so every extra place that pays out keeps a vastly greater number of people interested.

I know it's been decided now, but I didn't see too many opinions on this so I thought I'd throw it out there.

Hi Coillte,
    Closing date was Sat I'm afraid.....

Ya i understand that but any reason i cant join now? I dont understand why deadline has to be so strict. My team was already registered anyway. But hey you're the boss.

• Advertisement

Ya i understand that but any reason i cant join now? I dont understand why deadline has to be so strict. My team was already registered anyway. But hey you're the boss.

this thread has been open for over a month with a deadline of when the fantasy footy deadline is for 1st week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Top of the league for the time being :pac: Only one way from here though :(

iMuse wrote: »
    Top of the league for the time being :pac: Only one way from here though :(

4th from bottom - meet you half way?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭irishmanmick

Decent enough start, sick I switched Ivanovic out for A.Cole ... Thought he was suspended after being sent off in Charity Shield!

Great start by Swansea ... Say lot of their players will be raising in value this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I hate* this game

*Possible change in future GW's :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Already playing catch-up, didnt have Ivanovic, Hazard, Lampard, Michu or Petric. Ended up on 64, need a couple of good weeks to get back in touch with the leading group

only the 1st week all those players that did well wont keep it up

theres a lonnnnnnnnnnnng way to go..

had a cracking start myself just behind the leader.. not confident of this weekend though captain choices dont look great for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Could people (I'm not accusing you btw) have regged 20 teams and then picked the best performing one to drop into the paid competition after week 1.

And in general basic human nature would suggest that no-one who say picked a few QPR defenders would suddenly decide they want to enter a paid league. So its likely that all such late entries would be teams that performed average or above average in Week1.

So not accepting late entries makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Sitting in 3rd after GW1. Something tells me there is going to be a lot of very erratic GWs ahead.

Sitting in 52nd place on basis of team scoring, but in first overall on basis of the " I run the league and will get a 200pt " start rule

20th, decent, still sore over picking Walters ahead of Michu though :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Sitting in 52nd place on basis of team scoring, but in first overall on basis of the " I run the league and will get a 200pt " start rule

Apologies if you've already mentioned it, but what way is the prize money getting split?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Fizman wrote: »
    Apologies if you've already mentioned it, but what way is the prize money getting split?

There you go Fizman
    Hi all,

I am going to go with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

xerces wrote: »
    20th, decent, still sore over picking Walters ahead of Michu though :D.

I picked Graham, 5 goals and he wasn't involved in any of them :eek:

Lads,

I'm trying to reconcile the entry money paid to those in the league.

I cannot reconcile entry money from these people - I AM NOT SAYING I HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT - but I just need the below entrants to clarify how it was sent or if in a different name -also maybe Pistolpetes or IrishManMick can tell me if any are their guys...

Andrew Harford
    Andy Quinn
    Brian Eustace
    Chris Crook
    Cockney Rebel
    Colm O Leary
    Enda McGuane
    James McCabe
    James O'Shea
    Joe Whyte
    Keith Darcy
    Keith Farrelly
    Oliver Hynes
    Robbie Burns
    S O
    Sean McGreevy
    Stephen Wilkes
    Wardie
    Warren Hayes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Right, so if we get the lads mentioned above all sorted, then we have 131 participants. The end of year breakdown is as follows:

1st - €1060
    2nd - €424
    3rd - €318
    4th - €212
    5th - €106

Just a note, can we get the above people to either pay up or explain how they paid as soon as we can, as if someone hasn't paid and they are down in 112th place, they are probably unlikely to pay..

Again a big thank you to mirwillbeback for his organisational skills.. So when are you off to Thailand to spend all our money? ;)

Right, so if we get the lads mentioned above all sorted, then we have 131 participants. The end of year breakdown is as follows:

1st - €1060
    2nd - €424
    3rd - €318
    4th - €212
    5th - €106

Just a note, can we get the above people to either pay up or explain how they paid as soon as we can, as if someone hasn't paid and they are down in 112th place, they are probably unlikely to pay..

Again a big thank you to mirwillbeback for his organisational skills.. So when are you off to Thailand to spend all our money? ;)

127th - enjoy my money guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

70th myself, 62 points, with 34 points sitting on the bench, including Dyer who prob wont score again till Paddy day!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

129th

Well, that was fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

129th

Well, that was fun :P

103rd - eat my dust :p

top of the league, highest rank ive ever got.. wont be there for long though not far ahead

^^Nice score.

I'm up to 10th. It's so early yet though of course, I hope I can continue to put solid points on the board.

I thought the top prize was for finishing bottom? ..

I want my money back, was clearly misled with the aim of the game.

:pac:

Seriously though, doing absolutely shocking, was 120th the last time I checked.
    Top 50 is my aim now. After two gameweeks ffs, shocking :pac:

• Advertisement

67 points and now 106th!

Did a crazy thing and used my wildcard. Drastic but needed

Advertisement