Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fantasy Football PAID League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

November winner is Micheal Treacy, 16pts clear of the field.

Can you PM your details to allow me send you the money - paypal or bank acc ?

Tks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

November winner is Micheal Treacy, 16pts clear of the field.

Can you PM your details to allow me send you the money - paypal or bank acc ?

Tks

Not to be awkward but can we have the name of the league changed from "no longer employed?" It looks terrible. :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Not to be awkward but can we have the name of the league changed from "no longer employed?" It looks terrible. :-(

I agree - can you change the name please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

when is the 2nd wildcard going to be active?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Manager of the month for December and also top of the league :)

iMuse - can you PM me your bank details and I'll send you on your winnings

happy new year : )

On an aside, with over 140 people in the league and no complaints, does the league name really matter?

FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jenno99

Woohoo! Manager of the month for January and storming up the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

jenno99 wrote: »
    Woohoo! Manager of the month for January and storming up the league!
    Well done.

Hi mate, just back from honeymoon today. Will u pm me ur bank or paypal details and i'll get the money to you this weekend...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Hi mate, just back from honeymoon today.

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭doozer16

2nd for month, close but no cigar. I'll just have to focus on top spot for the season now
    ;-)
    #watchyourhoseviewkick

Feb winner is Nigel Dowler, 18 points ahead of the field - excellent performance.

Can you PM me either your paypal or bank account details and I'll send on your winnings.

Well done !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Feb winner is Nigel Dowler, 18 points ahead of the field - excellent performance.

Can you PM me either your paypal or bank account details and I'll send on your winnings.

Well done !
    Thank you, sir!

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

this is one tough league

Crumbs wrote: »
    Thank you, sir!

PM sent.

Congrats,
    Inspired captaining of Fellaini 3 weeks ago was the difference, I took it off him at the last minute and also took out Gerard against Man City (was on WC), Consider yourself a circumstantial winner ;-)
    I'll seek revenge in the Champions League/Title hunt ;-)

• Advertisement

March winner is Paddy O Meara, well done.

Can you send me your paypal or bank acc details by PM and I will forward the winnings on to you.

Tks

Can you please pay out the April Manager of month before they change the Bale assist! I'm going to lose it by a point otherwise! :p

doozer16 wrote: »
    Can you please pay out the April Manager of month before they change the Bale assist! I'm going to lose it by a point otherwise! :p

It was Benteke that done for you in the end !!

Final monthly winner is Ronan Carroll with a last ditch Monday night run.

Can you PM me you bank acc or paypal details and I'll send on the money.

Well done mate.

Hopefully we can get another contingent for next season too, be sure to tell all your friends.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

It was Benteke that done for you in the end !!

Final monthly winner is Ronan Carroll with a last ditch Monday night run.

Can you PM me you bank acc or paypal details and I'll send on the money.

Well done mate.

Hopefully we can get another contingent for next season too, be sure to tell all your friends.

;)

Only realised I won manager of month today.. Happy days

PM on way

Haunted, I was leading until Bale's assist was added, was freaked, but you would have done it even if the assist wasn't given to him, fair play!
    Is Viewkick ever on this forum?

• Advertisement

Mr Willbeback,
    Can you post the pay out structure so we know exactly what we are playing for before the last day?
    If Walcott does nothing against Wigan it's gonna be a right rumble for the top spots on last day :-)

Mr Willbeback,
    Can you post the pay out structure so we know exactly what we are playing for before the last day?
    If Walcott does nothing against Wigan it's gonna be a right rumble for the top spots on last day :-)

What position u in? 3rd?

Mr Willbeback,
    50 euro for monthly prize winner being the person with the highest score from first to last day in the calendar months of Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March, April.

100 euro for the highest weekly score of the season.......

Winner - 50 % of remaining funds

Second - 20 % of remaining funds

Third - 15 % of remaining funds

Fourth - 10 % of remaining funds

Fifth - 5 % of remaining funds

Dont know the exact sums however...

113 Entrants X €20 = 2260 Total prize fund.

2260-100-(50*8)= 1760 Remaining

1st 880
    2nd 352
    3rd 264
    4th 176
    5th 88

If my sums are right haha.

Im currently top but its going to go down to the wire :D

iMuse wrote: »

1st 880
    2nd 352
    3rd 264
    4th 176
    5th 88

You should be pretty safe...

Im making a late charge and now into 4th. Think the best I can hope for is 3rd but that could all change over the next few days - I could be sitting outside the top 5 if things dont work out for me...

Looks like most have Walcott captain though which evens things out!

Im hoping Aguero starts and scores big as nobody has him... :)

ITS YOU! GRRRRRRRRRRRR :-)
    I'm second!
    What the hell was that Nasri tf about pre DGW, was that planning for this week or did you forget to put him in starting 11?
    Walcott V Wigan could decide it, I was ohh so close to taking another hit to get Sturridge, count yourself luck.....AGAIN!!!!!!!
    In fairness outstanding year for you so far, well played, I had Frank earmarked for this week and when I saw you had made a transfer I knew you switched Hazard for him, BARSTEWARD!

5th is getting paid? That shouldn't be the case, should be Champs league spots only, ie 1st - 4th

Also the prize for 4th seems a little high, 100E for 4th should be enough.
    Saying that I might change my mind if I finish 4th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm second!
    What the hell was that Nasri tf about pre DGW, was that planning for this week or did you forget to put him in starting 11?
    Walcott V Wigan could decide it, I was ohh so close to taking another hit to get Sturridge, count yourself luck.....AGAIN!!!!!!!
    In fairness outstanding year for you so far, well played, I had Frank earmarked for this week and when I saw you had made a transfer I knew you switched Hazard for him, BARSTEWARD!

5th is getting paid? That shouldn't be the case, should be Champs league spots only, ie 1st - 4th

Forgot to save him in the first 11 haha. I was close to bringing in sturridge myself but im not a fan of taking points hits. Yeah Walcott is going to have a big say, hopefully wigan are still hungover!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

I'm second!

Hey, I'm fighting for that 5th spot:)

This league was so much better last year as i won it:D

Forgot to save him in the first 11 haha. I was close to bringing in sturridge myself but im not a fan of taking points hits. Yeah Walcott is going to have a big say, hopefully wigan are still hungover!

:D
    I had a feeling it was a mistake allright!
    Also I reckon you wanted to captain RVP this week but you reckoned me and Siggy would go Walcott to get a differential so you tried to block us off, double bluffs all over the shop!
    I really hope he does nowt V Wigan, all I want is a shot at you on the last day!
    Shaun Maloney to the rescue ;-)

• Advertisement

Hey, I'm fighting for that 5th spot:)

This league was so much better last year as i won it:D

Fair play, big payout?
    Where are you placed this year?

Admit it, 5th should not be paid!

Hey Viewkick, did you see that the F.A today awarded THAT Mata goal at Old Trafford to Mata and not an OG,
    I had Mata and Oscar that day, that would have been another 10 points or so :mad:

And don't even mention Balegate to me :rolleyes:

Fair play, big payout?
    Where are you placed this year?

Admit it, 5th should not be paid!

There were a lot less in it last year. Can't really remember how much i won. Think around €300-400(maybe more, won a couple of monthly awards too).

Currently 6th, made some shocking decisions lately. Took a hit to get rid of RVP and the another to get him back in:confused:. Should have had every chance of third but now needing a high scoring match with arsenal and wigan to have any chance of fifth.

As for 5th being paid, i had completely forgotton that it was and assumed it was fist 3 so no it shouldn't but thems the rules.

Currently 6th, made some shocking decisions lately. Took a hit to get rid of RVP and the another to get him back in:confused:. Should have had every chance of third but now needing a high scoring match with arsenal and wigan to have any chance of fifth.

6th!, right in with a shout, Ars Wigan will have record viewers I reckon, hoping for a 1-0 Wigan win with Tevez gone to play golf and Maloney my first sub setting up my second sub Scharner for a last min winner, it all makes sense somehow!
    Been some year, I'll defo join again next year if Mr.Willbeback is so kind as to take control of it all again, he deserves a serious amount of free pints for organising it.

1st 880
    2nd 352
    3rd 264
    4th 176
    5th 88

iMuse, you saved me having to get the calculator out, thanks a million !

I've enjoyed it running it this year lads, it was good craic even if I peaked at 9th and gradually fell back to 40th. Didn't really have a chance at the monthly prizes either.
    I will defo organise it again next year, though a few in this were from my job and I think they want to have their own in-house one next year as, and I quote, " Those Boards lads are sharks "

Be sure to let your mates know, I hope to have it set up by 2nd week in July. I love the game, it really does get you interested.

From memory, the highest weekly score is 131 so far, but to save me trawling through every team history, can you let me know if you have higher.

Last thing too - its M I R willbeback. It was to do with Frank Mir ( former UFC champ ) and my belief he would be the champ again. He never was, so I think a name change is in order.

Thanks to all for playing, entering and paying, it was a pleasure running in and a good bit of craic too.

All the best, will post the winners here on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Thanks Mr. Welbeck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Thanks Mr Mir, even though I was nowhere near any money. Have a guy at work who might be interested next year too and will defo try again.

Hanging on for 2nd pre baps, BLOW IT UP FFS :-)
    Well played Viewkick, CONGRATS on a great win

Champion!!!!!!! Get in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Well played iMuse. Cracking standard here.

I managed to sneak back up into 4th place after a shocking January - April.

Well done, iMuse. Great work! I was getting sick of looking at your name at the top of the league for so long. :)

Happy with 3rd place for myself.

Thanks Mirwillbeback for running the league again and looking after the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

A manager of the month in September. Downhill ever since.:D

Balls... dropped from 3rd to 6th on the last day!!!

Finished 770th and feel very dissapointed!! GW 35-38 were excellent and I kept flying up the table but a poor 45 this GW sees me drop..

Thanks Mirwillbeback for doing a great job again this year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Sigh @ winning the monthly table for May then realising there is no monthly prize for May :o

thewools wrote: »
    Balls... dropped from 3rd to 6th on the last day!!!

Finished 770th and feel very dissapointed!! GW 35-38 were excellent and I kept flying up the table but a poor 45 this GW sees me drop..

Thanks Mirwillbeback for doing a great job again this year...

Unlucky mate, I managed to just about hang on to 5th to put you out of the money.

If memory serves me correct I beat you to the title last season. You must be sick of me:)

Better luck next year as long as it's not at my expense:D

Seriuos standard when finishing inside the top 1000 doesn't even get you in the top 5:eek:

Great job once again MIR.

• Advertisement

Lads, eh something has come up. My bank has gone bust. Er, no actually I was robbed. Eh actually now I think of it I had to pay for a funeral......

Well done to all, been a great standard this season. I finished 50th, which as agreed wins me 90% of the pot ;)

Not in work today so will send the winnings tomorrow. Can I ask the winners to PM me paypal details and I'll get the money off to you.

Well done to all, see you in July ;)

Unlucky mate, I managed to just about hang on to 5th to put you out of the money.

If memory serves me correct I beat you to the title last season. You must be sick of me:)

Better luck next year as long as it's not at my expense:D

Seriuos standard when finishing inside the top 1000 doesn't even get you in the top 5:eek:

Great job once again MIR.

Nah I came in around 6th last year too - consistant!!! :(

Crumbs wrote: »
    Well done, iMuse. Great work! I was getting sick of looking at your name at the top of the league for so long. :)

Happy with 3rd place for myself.

Thanks Mirwillbeback for running the league again and looking after the money.

Siggy/Crumbs,
    Haunted to hold you off, I had you pegged at about gw30 as the man to watch out for in the battle to catch Viewkick, I'm delighted to have held you off, I almost got Michu instead of Coutinho which would have swung it for you!
    Still can't believe I didn't win with a finish of 355 but looking fwd to renewing the battle next year,
    Congrats again to Viewkick, lucky savage performance. :D

Well done, Doozer. It was a good battle. Great standard in this league.

Cheers lads, Roll on next year when we will have more entrants hopefully :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement