Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MC22 CBR250 Exhaust headers

• 19-07-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Hi folks!

So as the title may suggest, I'm looking for exhaust headers for a '99 MC22 CBR250. They seem quite difficult to come across. I checked in with Honda Ballymount today (last resort) and it'll cost me about €300 to order them (not to mention a long wait for the thing to come from Japan).

So my question is, do any of you guys know of any good places to check that might have decent second hand ones, or do any of you guys know anyone who has a MC22 CBR250 that for whatever reason isn't driveable and they wouldn't miss the headers?

Or do you guys reckon I'd be better off biting the bullet and just getting the things from Honda?

Thanks again
    Pedro

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Pedro K wrote: »
    Hi folks!

So as the title may suggest, I'm looking for exhaust headers for a '99 MC22 CBR250. They seem quite difficult to come across. I checked in with Honda Ballymount today (last resort) and it'll cost me about €300 to order them (not to mention a long wait for the thing to come from Japan).

So my question is, do any of you guys know of any good places to check that might have decent second hand ones, or do any of you guys know anyone who has a MC22 CBR250 that for whatever reason isn't driveable and they wouldn't miss the headers?

Or do you guys reckon I'd be better off biting the bullet and just getting the things from Honda?

Thanks again
    Pedro

City Spares perhaps??

Gorey Bike Breakers also??

Ebay??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Checked ebay. Couldn't seem to find any.

A friend of mine is riding down that way soon enough and is going to check Gorey out for me.

I've yet to check city spares. Will do. Thanks Paddy.

Checked ebay. Couldn't seem to find any.

A friend of mine is riding down that way soon enough and is going to check Gorey out for me.

I've yet to check city spares. Will do. Thanks Paddy.

Ring Gorey Breakers and City Spares later on this morning.

For the price of a local phone call,it could be very well worth the time and money.;)

Donedeal......MC22 CBR 250 for breaking.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikeextras/1359213

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

300e for OEM headers from Japan seems very cheap to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

paddy147 wrote: »
    City Spares perhaps??

Gorey Bike Breakers also??

Ebay??

Have to say id agree with paddy here , especially comin from tallafornia, city spares is your only man , ive used em in the past for parts and my brother swears by em ya cant go wrong.

Also just check the normal places www.adverts.ie always bikes for breakingon this page

www.gumtree.ie ya might find some here and last but by no means least i always check either daft or gumtree , few little gems to be found on these sites.

Happy hunting brother hope ya find what ya need

Update!

Found brand new header pipes on ebay. Ordered and delivered to my door for €179. Now I just have to play the waiting game for them to arrive!

Thanks for all the advice and help lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Glad you got sorted...its great the owl' tinternet innit!!!!

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wicklowbiker

Hi folks!

Thanks again
    Pedro
    Why are you changing them, hole rusted through ? City Spears would be yer man I'd say.

Hi folks!

Thanks again
    Pedro
    Why are you changing them, hole rusted through ? City Spears would be yer man I'd say.
    Yep. Hole rusted through right at the top of the header, just as it joins to the engine. Got a new one on ebay thankfully.

@wonda boy, yeah, delighted. Thanks man. I was looking and looking and not having much joy. Then on Sunday I just popped the search term into Google and it shows up, top result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

a lot of the ebay stuff can be terribly listed, says its for an mc22 and ends up being for a mc19.. hope you get sorted alright though.

Advertisement